• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest suggestion: Jeffrey Kripal

Free episodes:

Vomitor

Skilled Investigator
Forgive me if someone already has suggested this guy, but nothing came up on the immediate search.

I found out about this guy Jeff Kripal by coincidence while i was looking for books by bertrand meheust translated to english (Are there any?). Anyway, this guy seems interesting for several reasons, and he has what looks like a REALLY interesting book coming out ...check out the pre-order amazon page and read the summary:

Amazon.com: Authors of the Impossible: The Paranormal and the Sacred (9780226453866): Jeffrey J. Kripal: Books

He also collaborated to make a documentary as a kinda easy going way into the topic + for advertising value. Theres a page for it here:

Author of the Impossible :: The Film

i have to admit the trailer for it looks a bit like "the secret", but if you check out that clip of Doug Moench - one of my favorite comic book guys, especially due to his work on Master of Kung Fu back in the day for Marvel - it does look as if it could be worth checking out.

What do you say? If you haven't already stumbled over this guy, i think he might be a great guest...the guy has a PHD in religious history, and seems to be very well read, and written, on a lot of fringe topics, which is kinda rare in the paranormal field and also paying attention to the research of vallee etc. shows that he deals in some highly intriguing areas

Maybe i should just add this...Kripal seems to be very occupied with the idea of how paranormal events are created/shaped/enforced through fx. fiction. The reason i was lookin for Meheust books, is because of his work that Vallee mentions in "confrontations"...of how he has researched details of old fictional work that later seems to become true in for example abduction cases. This is also what Moench comments about in that clip. Another example is how the novel "Nighteyes" that came before Budd Hopkins book "Witnessed", is really alike to the events that happen in that, and of course was used in an attempt to debunk the whole thing. There are also other examples such as that classic one with the writer of the "Shadow" books who supposedly ended up manifesting his character in real life.

This all sounds incredibly interesting. I just checked out the website for Authors of the Impossible. A big thanks for the heads up!

Back