• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest suggestion - Erling Strand

TClaeys

Skilled Investigator
OK-
I have been riding along for the entire duration of the paracast. Listened to every episode, because it seems to be the show that asks the right questions and examines, as much as you can examine in a radio show, all possibilities. Yet I have never posted, so here goes my first post.

Of all the possibilites that we hear about possible sourcing for these enigmas, we never hear about one possibility: Earthlights. This phenomenon occurs apparently throughout the planet and is poorly understood, but certainly appears to be well documented. Hessdalen, Norway is one location. In fact a scientist and a few college students have been studying and documenting this phenomenon. The scientist is Erling Strand and has been researching Hessdalen and other areas for at least 25 years from what I can tell.

There are pictures, video, witnesses, etc, but it seems that no one cares. These "earthlights" take on different manifestations, hover, take off quickly, float down into valleys, etc. You know, just what UFO's do. They may just not seem as sensational as ET's from another galaxy. But what they are is mysterious and we don't really know why they occur. But I do know that they seem to fit the descriptions of many so called UFO's. In fact, perhaps the Iran 1976 case is something aligned with this phenomenon . We see a ball of light that breaks into several pieces and rejoins, etc. This seems to have happened with Hessdalen as well at times.

So I know it may be an expensive phone call, but I wonder what he may be able to shed on the truth of UFO's. Clearly this doesn't fit or encompass all UFO's and he may even be a bit mundane or boring, I don't know. But if the goal is to get at the truth of sourcing, then maybe we should consider this as explanation for some sightings. Of course, what is going on with these lights is another topic. Maybe there is intelligence, maybe not.

Although I think everyone likes a more sensational story, Hesdalen appears to be 1. Real 2. Documented and 3. Ignored. What do you think??

I'd love to hear more about it. I always wondered about the long distance calling for a show like this- if they use Skype it wouldn't be that bad. But if they were having to call him with a regular phone- I would think that could be an expensive call. Anyway, I would love to hear more from the researchers who you almost never hear on Coast to Coast, so it sounds like a great guest.

I've never heard of Erling Strand but I would love to hear an in-depth interview with someone who has an in-depth (twice in one sentence ... probably means the universe is about to end :D) knowledge of earthlights and similar phenomena.

I think that the whole earthlights thing is definitely just a part of the whole UFO phenomena. I've seen some strange lights in the sky myself when I was a kid, and I pointing my finger in the direction of it being strange or unknown earthlight/weather phenomena than anything else.

p.s. isn't posting your first post scarey ???? still once you get over it you'll find that posting becomes incredibly easy, and after a while you can talk utter crap most of the time and most people won't even notice if you're careful :D

schticknz said:
p.s. isn't posting your first post scarey ???? still once you get over it you'll find that posting becomes incredibly easy, and after a while you can talk utter crap most of the time and most people won't even notice if you're careful :D

Yeah, I just posted for the first time in another thread. Got my feet wet over there so I can start the utter crap here! ;)

I've been fascinated by earthlights. I've read anything about Mr. Strand, but would like to learn more.

For folks who are interested in Earth Lights they might want to check out Ted Phillips research into the Marley Woods.
Link to Video
He's been involved with ufology for a long time. If you look at the left of the page I've linked to you can click on where it says "Marley Woods" for a lot more info.

Back