• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestion: Chris O'brien

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
This guy is super dedicated and has done a lot of research and investigations in all sorts of paranormal stuff is his location. Specifically cattle mutes and UFOs.

Check out:

Radio Misterioso

The latest ep up there is an interview of Chris and that will give you a taste of what the guy is all about. He would be great for the Paracast.

Last weekend, TV1 New Zealand put the "alien hunters" episode of Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends on (only 12 years old ... but NZ television gets there in the end :eek:). Anyway, in the middle of a load of nutcases ... behold, Chris O'Brien talking about cattle mutilations. Theroux of course did his "innocent" act, and for the most part everyone came out of it as a total fruitloop.

Even O'Brien came out of it unscathed as for some reason, he was shown showing Theroux some "artists impressions" of the many types of alien out there. They also ended up playing "Space Oddity" with Chris on keyboard and Louis on guitar.

Pity really, I really like Chris O'Brien and he's been doing some sterling work. The interviews he's done with Greg Bishop have been really good as well. I think it would be dead interesting to hear him on the Paracast too as I think we'd only scratched the surface of the things going on in the San Luis valley that he can relate to us.

So anyway, I second the motion for Chris O'Brien to be a future Paracast interviewee ... so there :D.

I also have heard the chris o'brien interviews on misterioso and think he would probably make a good paracast guest,while on the subject of misterioso guests how about peter robbins(left at eastgate)or even ray stanford?.....also how about jeff wells the "rigorous intuition" fellow?

I have his book SECRETS OF THE MYSTERIOUS VALLEY and it's really interesting.

No ETH from this guy.

Please - get him on the show!

I've been to his house and talked to him. He had a bad cold then. Yes, very dedicated guy and he would have a lot to say about the "special" valley he lives in.

I saw Chris O'Brien speak at a small gathering in the San Luis Valley about ten years ago, and I agree he would be a very good guest on the Paracast. He seemed to be as level headed in person as he is in his books, and he told us a lot of fascinating things that I haven't read or heard anywhere else. Some of his own experiences are pretty far out, but he has some stories about other events in the valley that made me think twice about camping there! (I did camp there, however, several times and thankfully never was bothered by anything. Beautiful area, too.) He spoke candidly about his experiences with some other researchers, enough for me to feel like I could accurately triangulate his position in the general scheme of things, and I think he is a solid no-nonsense type who has dealt with a lot of bizarre events. Good speaker, too.

I listened to the podcast on Radio Misterioso, and needless to say I will not listen to either that show or that guest again. Amazingly credulous and at times silly.
If you are going to publicly recount other people's paranormal stories you should never, never present it as evidence when the participants were intoxicated in any way, especially not when they are on freaking liquid LSD!...at least not if you want to maintain your own credibility. This speaks volumes about O'Brien's "research" methods.

O'Brien later says that sound becomes inaudible but does not disappear, that you can go into a Roman bath house and sound will still be there "in subtle realms" bouncing off the walls from hundreds if not 1,000 years ago?
What? Anyone know if that's true? I am pretty sure sound wave patterns degrade relatively fast.

Back