• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Government Disclosure

What is the issue on the table here? If it is as Illuminati0n suggests, that the "government" would NOT indulge in hiding the issue, when he says:

then I would suggest it is his contention that is laughable. Government would, whether it is a real government, a 'governed' government (whatever THAT is), a shadow government, or a government within a government, it is perfectly reasonable to expect 'them' to engage in such behavior.

It is also perfectly reasonable for them to study the issue so they would know whether the populace would be frightened and over-react. It's not enough to conjecture that maybe everyone would think 'Wow! COOL!' Maybe not. That's simplistic conjecture. That's why you hire corporations like RAND to actually study the issue, apply the statistical method, and actually have some substantive conclusions to present. Since we have one such report in hand (above) it's not a matter of claiming they wouldn't because they did and we have it in hand. As far as that contention is concerned: Case closed.

Wait. I TOTALLY think the "government" would hide information on this topic, 100% and i think they do. But definently not because it would scare us, thats self righteous backwash. Nor do i think the "government" has any real information to disclose. I dont think a President has access to this information. If a President doesnt have access to it then how is a government going to have disclosure? Thus, how can there be any "government disclosure"?. I think the more appropriate term would be "people in the know disclosure".

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most of your replies don't make sense or seem like feeble attempts to sound smart or start an argument. I try to stay out of the fray and just post my experiences or my opinion on new and separate subjects once in awhile, BUT, I can't help but reply to this one....."Tomorrow you could get an incurable cancer, or maybe get abducted by aliens we know to be true and live on, what's the scarier situation?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I had two separate scares with cancer, over the last five months, and there were many times in the middle of sleepless nights that I would think long and deep about my life and the consequences of leaving behind my wife and child. I concluded that if I was alone and didn't have them to worry about... dying would have been a welcomed relief from a lifetime of experiences/abductions and the resulting frustration and mental anguish. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am ok, both operations went well, so I will continue digging into this aspect of my life. Allow me to tell you one fact that I don't want anyone to throw their two cents into...as this is a personal journey and you can not understand, no matter how many b.s books or conspiracy web sites you have read,....... having undeniable, shit in your pants, ufo encounters - in your life is scarier than incurable cancer...as it slowly weakens your grasp on reality and eats your sanity alive. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cancer is terrible, but friends and family rally around for support. Doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies have treatments/medication to help you fight the outcome or deal with the pain. Clergy/mental health professionals are well trained to come to you and your loved ones support. Insurance companies actually will cover treatments, both physical and psychological... BUT there is no one or place to turn to in dealing with this. Where the hell is the cure or at least something to lessen the mental anguish. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As a last resort I had hoped to find some answers/support from others like myself on internet sites like this, but that is like urinating into the wind and expecting not to get pissed on. [/FONT]

I don't doubt what you say one bit. Sure it claws away at your sanity, but if disclosure were to happen wouldnt you feel sane about the situation? I mean, atleast you'd know it was real.

But, if the government were to disclose who the hell is gonna run around shitting themselves to the point they would hide this stuff from us because of the scare factor? It's a weak excuse.

Tomorrow you could walk down the street and get shot and killed by some homie. But you dont run around kicking and screaming about it. You dont think about it. But the risk is still there. Although the sheer amount of this kinda stuff you see in the media would have one think that they would want you to be fearful of it instead of the opposite.

Also, lets say they dont know jacks**t about what UFO's are, why people are being abducted ect. Then hide it from us because we would be scared and that no one has any control over it. Wouldnt one then assume if they disclosed there would be more chance of figuring out what these things are if everyone came together? Wouldnt abductee's and experiencers then be listened to in a new light? Wouldnt that help solve the issue at hand immensely?

Besides, i dont think people are really going to be that scared about it, its not like it changes your life unless you actually get abducted. Most people have lived their entire life without being abducted so why would that suddenly change because of disclosure and thus make them fearful of it?

Sure most people i know would be fearful, if these things were running down the street incinerating people with their ray guns. Y'know the chances of getting swine flu and dying would be higher then getting anal probed but they didnt seem to hesitant to spread swiney in the media, did we even really need to know about it? Does anyone know someone who has actually caught it?

After all, is there any evidence of a death due to alien abduction? NO. So what the hell would the masses have to be THAT frightened of to the point that the government wouldnt disclose ? ? ?

Wait. I TOTALLY think the "government" would hide information on this topic, 100% and i think they do. But definently not because it would scare us, thats self righteous backwash. Nor do i think the "government" has any real information to disclose. I dont think a President has access to this information. If a President doesnt have access to it then how is a government going to have disclosure? Thus, how can there be any "government disclosure"?. I think the more appropriate term would be "people in the know disclosure".

"Self-righteous backwash? What is that? How is it "self-righteous" and how is it "backwash"? This is what you originally said:

Aside from the fact i think it is laughable that the "government" would hide such information due to the general public being scared i also think that "governments" are governed and are a constructed mask so there could never really be any such thing as "government disclosure".

I provided you with a document commissioned by the government, in this case probably the Air Force, that PROVES, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that studies have been commissioned to analyze what would happen should the government (or the 'shadow government" or "people in the know" or whatever little appellation you insist upon) "disclose" what is known. We know that has happened. We've got the documents to prove it. It's not anecdotal evidence. It's not hearsay because a guy told a guy who told a guy. Since we have the physical proof in the form of written documents, that argument is OVER.

Going around asking your buddies how they feel about it is anecdotal at best, full of sample bias, and statistically irrelevant. It's not in the least scientific and anyone who actually does sampling would laugh you out of the room.

Nor do i think the "government" has any real information to disclose. I dont think a President has access to this information. If a President doesnt have access to it then how is a government going to have disclosure? Thus, how can there be any "government disclosure"?.

This statement is so full of internal contradictions one hardly knows where to start. If there is nothing to disclose then how could a President know or not know? You just said there's nothing to know. The President is not 'the government'--he's a temporary appendage that comes and goes. Every single President who has said 'when I'm the Prez I'm gonna figure his out' has done absolutely nothing. We have this on record for Carter and Clinton and Reagan's statements are so enigmatic it makes you roll your eyes in wonder.

Look, you seem particularly hung up on the word 'government.' Relax. You don't need to be so insistent on your own personal definition of what government is, nor do you get to define to for everyone else. Why is it necessary to spell it out for you? When people say 'government disclosure' they are very likely not talking about the General Services Administration or the Bureau for Indian Affairs. And they certainly do not mean 'The President.' They mean "Those people who likely work for the government who happen to know some details about UFOs and aren't telling."

In terms of the fear factor I'm actually with you on that one, but I know my personal feelings on the subject, or those of my immediate friends whom I ask about it, are not a determining factor. Nor is it the ONLY factor at play here.

[FONT=&quot]wtf - most of your replies don't make sense or seem like feeble attempts to sound smart or start an argument. I try to stay out of the fray and just post my experiences or my opinion on new and separate subjects once in awhile, BUT, I can't help but reply to this one....."Tomorrow you could get an incurable cancer, or maybe get abducted by aliens we know to be true and live on, what's the scarier situation?

Wait a sec there, bud. You opened up the thread. You have to expect some answers.I don't know WTF illuminati0n is trying to say here because he's all over the map, but I'm pretty sure he had no idea of your affliction. You're taking it personally here.
As a last resort I had hoped to find some answers/support from others like myself on internet sites like this, but that is like urinating into the wind and expecting not to get pissed on. [/FONT]

You haven't been on forums much. have you? I see you read my sig line. Thanks for stopping by.

What im trying to say is, what people in the government actually have their hands on information to disclose? If the Pres has no info, which im sure he doesnt, then who? How is any government party going to come out and disclose if they dont have their hands on any information?

I think it should be termed "MIC disclosure".

OR. Asking for government disclosure is like asking a waiter all the ingredients in the dish, how its prepared, ect ect....

They aint the chef!

I'll give up on this thread now :p

Look. Let's start over. I'm not following your argument here. You're bouncing all over the place. As I understand it, your original contentions were:

1. There can't be "government disclosure" because

a) The "government" as such doesn't know anything because

b) It's really "people in the know" who may know something, if they do at all.

2. The "government" (or whomever) is NOT withholding info because "they" are worried that "we" might be frightened of disclosure.

3. You've asked your friends if they would be scared and they said 'No' so that somehow validates number two.

Your first point is pedantic. Who gives a shit what you call 'people in the know?' 'Government' works for most people. If it doesn't for you, tough. It's a completely useless point. Nobody cares. Do you get that yet? Nobody cares.

Your second point is proven demonstrably false. I provided you a copy of a report which attempts to assess just that. For some strange reason you are unable to read it.

Your third point is invalid. Just because you asked a few people in your peer group some sort of question to which they responded in the negative is statistically meaningless. It does not correlate with 300,000,000 in the US or 6+ billion people worldwide. If you manage to cobble together non-leading relevant questions asked of 1200 randomly selected people, then you might be getting somewhere, but you are nowhere close.

The idea of Disclosure is much more complex than you are making it out to be. It seems to me you are being simplistic. If this is just your opinion, fine. Once again, nobody cares. But if you are attempting to convince anyone else that your opinion is based on factual evidence, you need to do a much better job of proving your case.

You are right I haven't been on the forum much. It is hard to read sometimes and often adds to my frustration. Trying to find answers/advice in facing up and dealing with this, in such a short time, has left my nerves a little raw so I apologise if I took it the wrong way.

You are right I haven't been on the forum much. It is hard to read sometimes and often adds to my frustration. Trying to find answers/advice in facing up and dealing with this, in such a short time, has left my nerves a little raw so I apologise if I took it the wrong way.

It's alright, GDT. No worries! :) We're all in this together, imho. None of us have ALL the answers, that's why we read and post here at great forums like The Paracast...to share our experiences, theories, etc (and hopefully stretch our own minds in the process). In the end, that's all we can do, I expect.

Bixyboo

Thanks, I see that almost all the replies are thougtful and logical and I shouldn't try to figure out or argue with the one that didn't. Face to face you can debate and try to clarify your ideas, but not online. I didn't know that and realise I was just
frustrating myself trying.

Old guys like me, have a lot to learn dealing with these new ways of communicating.

Your assessments are more or less correct.

But, i believe, people who are "in the know" hold themselves higher then "government power" and have NO intention of revealing information.

People who ask for disclosure from the government are always expecting that people are going to reveal information and eventually the President is going to make an announcment and clear it up for us all.

If a certified member of the "government" comes out and discloses all this information, and the rest of the government doesnt act upon it, then they are going to be made to look like a fool yeah.

SO, obviously, people who ask for "government disclosure" are expecting a WHOLE government to come out and tell us all about flying saucers.

But, that aint going to happen because 98% of the government doesnt know nothing. So, unless a whole government comes out and speaks about it, who the hell is going to believe it?

I guess i have a serious issue with the word "government".

Number 1 definition;
The act or process of governing, especially the control and administration of public policy in a political unit.

Whats the highest power in a government? The President, Prime Minister yadda yadda. If they dont know nothing, then how the hell is a "government" supposed to disclose? "The government" doesnt know s**t. Who is going to believe it unless it comes from the Presidents mouth?

I think the right questions are being asked to the wrong people. It's not a matter of oohhh we want governmental disclosure, its a matter of targeting certain individuals. In the same breath, i think this is so well covered up we are likely not to ever find out anything.

I cant debate anymore with you oldies, its frustrating me lol :cool:

You make me sound like a dick Schuyler :p im just brainstorming and blabbering crap and trying to provoke thought.

But to the OP topic, i just cant believe they would hide information due to the public being fearful. Its gotta be deeper then that. For good, or bad.

Back