• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Government Cover ups

dianadee13

Skilled Investigator
I read in Earth Changes media that 'A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by top secret government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released. For over a decade scientists have benefited from data received by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere - but no longer.'
Dont subscribe to this site but wondered if anyone knew about this? More and more cover ups of info we should be hearing about! What are they finding one asks?

Well, you may recall the several near misses we have heard about over the last several years. Large asteroids passed between the Earth and the Moon and -- seemingly -- nobody noticed until they safely left our space.

I think it reflects a policy not to disclose these imminent risks. Two reasons come to mind: (1) It would create unimaginable panic (and nothing can be done to prevent an impact anyway); and (2) It avoids legal liabilities.

On this latter point, we can argue by precident that, most of the time, nothing catastrophic will occur anyway. So, needlessly stirring up everyone's fears -- then having nothing happen -- would lead to countless litigations.

More broadly applied (to include unidentified artificial objects), I think The Paracast has kicked around the reasons for this already. Governments exist because of the illusion of control (and their fundamental ability to protect). If a superpower existed that was beyond their control, but it seemed to be keeping a low-profile anyway, then why undermine public confidence in institutions of human government. Just ignore it. Maybe it will go away.

Back