• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Got Rods?

T

Tommy Allison

I called David today at home, and woke his butt up to ask him to look at some footage of what appears to be, for the lack of a better term, a Rod flying by. It's not a bug, because here in Minneapolis, it's been cold as hell, and most of the bugs are gone.

Anyway, I was looking at some video I shot, and there was this pair of things that zipped by. So, I rendered them, and posted them to youtube. David has the uncompressed video, and am waiting to hear what he has to say.

Here's the link.

4ArDWbbybpQ

Paranormal Packrat said:
It took me 4 views before I saw anything. You woke David up for this!?:eek:

Got bugs?

Waking up David is fun. Some people charge for the privilege, although if you make David mad, watch out. :D

Tommy,

I'm guessing that these are either insects flying close to the lens, or a pair of small birds zooming by the camera at a medium distance. They don't look like the "rods", which are themselves video artifacts of insects, or anything else paranormal, IMO.

And I was taking a nap at a time when it would have been reasonable to get phone calls (about 6PM eastern), so no worries there. I got up and made some nice cherry tea.

Nah, these weren't birds. In fact that was the strange part, no birds, no bugs.

I wouldn't have posted this if I thought it could be birds or bugs, because they move so fast through the frames, and then stranger still is how they look when you slow the footage down. I'm still waiting on David to make the final call.

why no birds or bugs? i am in rochester mn and there are still lots of birds, humming birds, angry bees, wasps and hornets flying around. last week i saw a praying mantis and they are not native to this area.

pixelsmith said:
why no birds or bugs? i am in rochester mn and there are still lots of birds, humming birds, angry bees, wasps and hornets flying around. last week i saw a praying mantis and they are not native to this area.

I mentioned the hummingbirds b/c it's been quite nippy in Duluth over the past week or so. I supposed the hummers were on their way South! We usually keep them all winter in Charlotte, or at least until it gets really cold. so...just a thought...

i think it was a bug or a bird. or maybe a ufo... it was about as clear as any other ufo videos. it is too cold for rods in mn right now.

Back