• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Good magazines that deal with paranormal topics?

Yakuzablitz

Paranormal Novice
What is everyone on this forum reading to keep up on news or ideas within the field? I don't necessarily mean completely serious or scholarly publications, though I would appreciate any recommendations of any sort.

I myself am an ardent reader of The Fortean Times and like to think of myself as a "fortean". I think it's the way that The Fortean Times mixes real interest in and substantial articles about paranormal topics with amusing (but often unsubstantiated) news of weird happenings around the world, all taken with an open-minded but slightly bemused air. They also have some thorough reviews of books that are coming out about various fortean topics - very useful for those interested in furthering their knowledge about various topics in parascience.

I've heard ads during the podcast for Fate magazine - has anyone checked it out? Is it worth subscribing to?

Anyway, thanks for your ideas and recommendations. :)

Yakuzablitz said:
What is everyone on this forum reading to keep up on news or ideas within the field? I don't necessarily mean completely serious or scholarly publications, though I would appreciate any recommendations of any sort.

I myself am an ardent reader of The Fortean Times and like to think of myself as a "fortean". I think it's the way that The Fortean Times mixes real interest in and substantial articles about paranormal topics with amusing (but often unsubstantiated) news of weird happenings around the world, all taken with an open-minded but slightly bemused air. They also have some thorough reviews of books that are coming out about various fortean topics - very useful for those interested in furthering their knowledge about various topics in parascience.

I've heard ads during the podcast for Fate magazine - has anyone checked it out? Is it worth subscribing to?

Anyway, thanks for your ideas and recommendations. :)

I use the internet. Haven't bought a mag in a very long time.

MUFON journals were pretty good. I haven't read one in years however, don't know if they stil are.

I'd pick up whatever interest me. UFO mag back when Don Ecker was editor of it, and Fortean Times. There were some others but I don't recall the names.

Yes, I think I've bought some Fate mags before. Not many over all however. Paranormal mags are actually a rarity in stores.

Back