• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Good idea or bad? NPR-ish approach to donations.

NPR-ish approach to donations good idea or not?

• Sounds interesting but I'll post a comment w/my suggestions.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Good idea! Let's figure out how to get it started! :D

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I like the "multiple choice" donate button!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Bring on the fund drive! Gene tells jokes! David does Yoda and more!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It's in my gray basket right now. :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want a real funny April Fools type of episode that may change my mind.

• I wouldn't listen to a fund drive even from the Dynamic Duo!

• Woah! No way! Forget it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

phantasmosxmagnum

Phantasmic wonders await
I was pondering this and some may hate me for it but it's just another way to help Gene, David and The Paracast. I've previously asked if anyone may be interested in Paracast merchandise or collectables and in the unscientific polls here I'd say that most are in favor. :D
Now on to those few here that have listened to NPR on occasion and noticed they have fund drives whatever and offer premiums or gifts depending on the amount of the donation. What if Gene offered that also? Of course, there would have to be a minimum to get the lowest thank you for your support "gift(s)". Not an original idea by any means and it would have to be worthwhile for both involved unless you opt out on the coffee mug or whatever. I'm not saying that The Dynamic Duo do a donation campaign and ties up the show with god knows what they'd come up with like Gene's, rejected, standup comic routine or David's, Rich Little wannabe Celebrity Impersonations!
I've seen that some podcasters have a "enhanced" PayPal donate button and it has the usual one time fee but also recurring ones at different amounts per month like a subscription. I wonder if this would also be worthwhile for The Paracast? I've included a pic of one of those multiple choice donate banners as an example.
I have no doubts that Gene and David would make proper use of said funds to invest in the Paracast. :D
ishot-24.jpg

Seems like a good idea.

I actually just donated 10bux this morning. Figured I could spare some cash considering Ive listened to countless hours for free.

I figure a donation is in order for the hours of entertainment as well as the information. Don't need a cup or a T shirt, thanks. :D

I forgot to vote, but I wouldn't mind the occasional thump for funds. Most of us understand The Paracast isn't a paying job, but I imagine it could disappear without some help from its friends.

So with you on the bobble-head! But don't forget Gene. The rear window ledge of my car would look odd with only one half of the team. They could also license a logo transfer for decorating plaster casts on broken legs, etc.; most useful and appropriate for those who break two limbs at once. :cool:

Back