• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gobekli Tepe

paraschtick

Paragilmorian guy
Via C2C (sometimes it comes up with something rather interesting), an article from the Daily Mail website ... this is reallly cool :D. A stone circle in Turkey, possibly 12,000 years old with carved stones found by a farmer in the mid 1990s ... yet another thing I'd never heard of up until 5 minutes ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-mysterious-stones-mark-site-Garden-Eden.html

Oh, and theres something about the Garden of Eden thrown into the mix as well ... but thats neither here nor there :eek::D.

[Oh and watch out for the bit on human sacrifices ... some pretty nasty stuff there :eek:]

Amazing.

The whole religious connection is annoying, but its an awesome find. Cant wait to see the whole thing once its finished.

Not only does Gobekli Tepe push back dates of monument building, but also origins of written language, i.e., the carved animal figures.

Given the huge gap in time ( 10,000 B.C. to the Ancient Sumerians approx. 3500 B.C. ), there must be other buried temples/settlements to tie these ancient sites together.

its a fascinating find, i love archaeology, and watch this show twice a week
http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/T/timeteam/
quote]

Lucky you, Mike. Time Team is a veritable British institution. I tried to catch every episode from the very beginning ... before I emigrated to New Zealand. They've played maybe a whole series over here since I came here in 1998 ... so I'm deeply envious that you still get to see it.

Though ... doesn't Tony Robinson look old :D.

Does anyone truly believe such silliness as the Garden of Eden actually existed? :rolleyes:

Great article nonetheless. :)

The Garden of Eden comes from somewhere in the sense that the Flood came from somewhere. It may from a real place or event that gets eventually woven into folklore and mythology. For some, they accept the whole line and sinker. Thats my take.

But this place is quite fascinating. I hope to learn more.

these things are often country limited, but you might get lucky, give it a try

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/search/time team

click the start iview now button to get taken to the time team search results

if it does work, you can revist each week for a new pair, good luck

Cheers I'll give it ago. This internet thing can be jolly useful (paraschtick gets a huge gold star for using "jolly" in a sentence :D).

Does anyone truly believe such silliness as the Garden of Eden actually existed?

Oh I don't :D although I did go to Sunday School when I was a wee one ... and that doesn't count. The Garden of Eden is in that wonderful pantheon of things like Father Christmas, Shambala (for all those hollow earthers out there) ... and The Man From Atlantis ... sorry ... Atlantis.

The Garden of Eden being though a sort of ancient race/genetic memory of nicer times is though possibly/probably not far off (not trying to hedge my bets or anything :p)... but talking snakes? Where the heck do they come into it :eek:??

please let me know if the link works for ppl outside australia or not , if it is limited to local viewing theres no point me posting links to the site in future.

but i hope it does work

please let me know if the link works for ppl outside australia or not , if it is limited to local viewing theres no point me posting links to the site in future.

but i hope it does work

Hi Mike, I tried the link to the abc site and got a message that it was only for viewers in the Land Down Under.

I'm in the USA

Via C2C (sometimes it comes up with something rather interesting), an article from the Daily Mail website ... this is reallly cool :D. A stone circle in Turkey, possibly 12,000 years old with carved stones found by a farmer in the mid 1990s ... yet another thing I'd never heard of up until 5 minutes ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-mysterious-stones-mark-site-Garden-Eden.html

Oh, and theres something about the Garden of Eden thrown into the mix as well ... but thats neither here nor there :eek:.

[Oh and watch out for the bit on human sacrifices ... some pretty nasty stuff there :eek:]

Re: the thing about the Garden of Eden....I saw a documentary where they reckon the Garden is actually in Iran. :eek:

Re: the thing about the Garden of Eden....I saw a documentary where they reckon the Garden is actually in Iran. :eek:

Yes ... young person ... I also know of a Victorian gentleman who believed that the Garden of Eden was actually in Tasmania. :D I think he even moved down there to look for it. :rolleyes:

Yes ... young person ... I also know of a Victorian gentleman who believed that the Garden of Eden was actually in Tasmania. :D I think he even moved down there to look for it. :rolleyes:

Hey, slightly older person, thanks for the compliment. The documentary I saw was one of a series of Biblical archeology programs, and by using references in the Bible, and other texts managed to show that there was/is a place in Iran that could very well be the garden of Eden. Now I know that sounds ridiculous, but it fitted the descriptions and references and locations etc... and they were saying that to people of the time of the Bible it may have appeared to be a paradise.

Once again - thanks for the article! I'm reading it atm...

Just wanted to make a little remark:
That means it was built around 10,000BC. By comparison, Stonehenge was built in 3,000 BC and the pyramids of Giza in 2,500 BC.

We don't know for sure the age of Giza Pyramids, nothing which can be dated using carbon dating method has been found inside the Pyramids, except that piece of wood which gathers dust somewhere in a museum:D

PS. Plus archeologists still don't want to admit that The Great Sphinx back has been eroded by water which was in that place around 12,000....10,000 BC, which means...

Once again - thanks for the article! I'm reading it atm...

Just wanted to make a little remark:

We don't know for sure the age of Giza Pyramids, nothing which can be dated using carbon dating method has been found inside the Pyramids, except that piece of wood which gathers dust somewhere in a museum:D

PS. Plus archeologists still don't want to admit that The Great Sphinx back has been eroded by water which was in that place around 12,000....10,000 BC, which means...

...And don't they also say that the head of the Sphinx is not what it originally looked like? It has been "re-carved"...?

Back