• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Glitches in The Matrix

Have you experience any kind of "Glitch in The Matrix".

• Item suddenly missing from a specific spot on to reappear there without explanation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Object that seemingly spontaneously dematerialized.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Object that seemingly spontaneously materialized.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A powerful Déjà vu akin to an experienced premonition.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Any unusual shift in reality marked by a sudden unexplained changes in the environment.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, I never experienced any of these things or anything similar that wasn't explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have heard about the calcification effect that flouride has on the pineal and I don't think anybody here would argue for the use of fluoride in water but am I not correct in saying that a few hours exposure to sunlight takes care of this problem.

From the article " A fluoride free pineal gland":

And it is vital for supporting intuition, an ability that will be needed during hard times. So it is necessary to evolve spiritually in order to help create better understanding, acceptance of our fellow humans, and easier group cooperation. Meditation is a part of this evolving. That and a little sunshine, good rest and food, can cause a calcified pineal gland to loosen up and allow that portal to open.

What about missing objects or changing landscapes? This is hard to explain, so bear with me please.
Have you ever driven by an area, or building, or field every day for years......and suddenly one day something doesn't look right,...but you just can't figure out what it is that has changed?
I'm not talking about a house with fresh paint, or a new telephone pole or something like that.
I mean something is off to the point where you stop and stare.
Example; There is an intersection near my work I've driven by for years. One day last summer I pulled up to the stoplight and was suddenly confused by what I was seeing, or not seeing in this case. There used to be....something...big and imposing there at that intersection like a huge tree or a multi-story building. I remember the "crowded" feeling or sense of something's prescence that sudddenly was no longer there. The whole area has seemed open, airy, & expansive since then.
I can find no evidence of any trees being cut down, or buildings demolished...no stumps, no foundations, no broken earth.....nothing. I even asked around if anyone else had noticed anything, especially at the Bojangles and Papa Johns right there.
It just bugs the hell out of me.

It's almost like something was there for a long time but encouraged people not to notice it, somehow. Does that make sense?

Yes that makes perfect sense. You must have an ability to sense the presence of something that others were blocked from seeing.

Synchronicity has made me a believer in a kind of information driven universe.

Synchronicity doesn't occur often. But it can be downright unnerving. A couple of nights ago I had talk radio going in the background while googling around for ham radio info. On the screen was a chart outlining station setup or whatever. I don't even recall. What I do recall is a portion of the chart with up and down arrows labeled "UP" and "DOWN". At the exact moment my eyes fell on that particular portion of the chart, whoever happened to be talking on the radio said "Up and Down" as part of a conversation unrelated to the subject matter on my screen.

Is this anomalous or within the bounds of normal coincidence? What the heck are coincidence and probability anyhow? I don't know the answer to either question. But the momentary feeling was distinctly odd.

I have had many many cases of "deva-vu". Some are feel extremely clear and real while others feel faint, but still...the feeling is present. I kind of like the feeling. I believe in reincarnation so I think that maybe myself in a past life had experienced something similar.

I have had many many cases of "deva-vu". Some are feel extremely clear and real while others feel faint, but still...the feeling is present. I kind of like the feeling. I believe in reincarnation so I think that maybe myself in a past life had experienced something similar.

Interesting. However have you had anything more substantial than simple déjà vu? I ask this because there is a psychological explanation for déjà vu that seems reasonable. It has to do with an overlap between the neurological systems responsible for short-term memory and those responsible for long-term memory, resulting in memories of recent events erroneously being perceived as being in the more distant past. So I was looking for something more definitive, something beyond a feeling. Something linked to an actual perception, like Neo actually seeing the cat twice. We've also been debating the idea of past lives at some length over here where I proposed that it's not logically possible, which BTW is a switch from what I used to believe. So if you're might be interested in why some people change their minds, I explain it there.

To be honest, it has never been more substantial than deja vu. This is not really related but I very often feel that "I've been there and done that" feeling when I watch anything or see pictures/media of medieval time. And the feeling is overwhelming. I do know that my entire bloodline originates in the England/Ireland/Scotland area (not that that necessarily matters).

To be honest, it has never been more substantial than deja vu. This is not really related but I very often feel that "I've been there and done that" feeling when I watch anything or see pictures/media of medieval time. And the feeling is overwhelming. I do know that my entire bloodline originates in the England/Ireland/Scotland area (not that that necessarily matters).
You seem to resonate with a certain era in time. I'd explore that further just for the sake of curiosity. Maybe you'll find some interesting connections. My own feelings of déjà vu that are similar to yours involve the feeling of not having been here before in the past, but from here before in the future, as if I were sent back in time to be reborn among a civilization barely out of the jungle and still struggling with it's technological adolescence. I look at the sky at night and see the stars and feel like, "that's where I belong. Somewhere out there." Fortunately for me, I know that backward time travel isn't logically possible in the sense we see it portrayed in sci-fi shows, and I know my parents weren't aliens. Yet I resonate with these things similarly to the way you describe resonating with another time and place. So long as we keep things in perspective and don't start claiming to be medieval knights or starmen from the future, we're OK to contemplate the things we're drawn to on an emotional level :D.

You seem to resonate with a certain era in time. I'd explore that further just for the sake of curiosity. Maybe you'll find some interesting connections. My own feelings of déjà vu that are similar to yours involve the feeling of not having been here before in the past, but from here before in the future, as if I were sent back in time to be reborn among a civilization barely out of the jungle and still struggling with it's technological adolescence. I look at the sky at night and see the stars and feel like, "that's where I belong. Somewhere out there." Fortunately for me, I know that backward time travel isn't logically possible in the sense we see it portrayed in sci-fi shows, and I know my parents weren't aliens. Yet I resonate with these things similarly to the way you describe resonating with another time and place. So long as we keep things in perspective and don't start claiming to be medieval knights or starmen from the future, we're OK to contemplate the things we're drawn to on an emotional level :D.

Sounds about right! Your experiences are interesting. I also look up at the night sky and feel like I belong elsewheres a bit. But I only feel these feelings, I don't do much else about it.

My father has an original painting of my grandmother (5-6 times great) standing in front of a castle. This picture will one day be sitting in my house and it is extremely creepy and dark. It has my grandmother, standing a few hundred yards in front of an enormous castle, standing in a field and it is really cloudy out. The painting is also about 6 feet tall by 4 feet or so. She is also about 8-9 years old in the picture. Weird!

Sounds about right! Your experiences are interesting. I also look up at the night sky and feel like I belong elsewheres a bit. But I only feel these feelings, I don't do much else about it.

My father has an original painting of my grandmother (5-6 times great) standing in front of a castle. This picture will one day be sitting in my house and it is extremely creepy and dark. It has my grandmother, standing a few hundred yards in front of an enormous castle, standing in a field and it is really cloudy out. The painting is also about 6 feet tall by 4 feet or so. She is also about 8-9 years old in the picture. Weird!

So recently we've been touching on the subject of déjà vu and the black cat in the Matrix and synchronicity. So what happens if I don't cross paths with a jet black cat twice in the last two days :confused:.

Ufology, do you really think you are a computer program? The hypothesis sounds quite fabricated to me, and of course, straight out of various current sci-fi fantasies. I don't think deja-vu or misplaced coffeecups can serve as evidence in any form or fashion to support this Matrix fantasy.

And you imply that you seem to be drawn to space, in a mystical fashion, as if you've outgrown the smelly jungles of Earth, ready for the heavy technology, or ..? Are you going techno-religious, man, seriously?

National Geographic has been writing about the 'exploratory instinct' in relation to exploration of our planet. It makes total sense in an evolutionary sense. I don't think, however, that the instinct is directed towards space travel, because space never was a component in the evolution of life here on Earth. So, unless you believe there's a mystical component inlaid in our genes, like a beacon of God calling us 'home', I don't think you can argue that space is calling.
Mind you, all I dream about personally, is some land with some trees and a small river, I couldn't care less about Martian dust, I'd hate to live there. So I think what you're experiencing is subjective, perhaps you feel a strong need to escape the 'ordinary world'?

Last edited:
Ufology, do you really think you are a little program inside the Master programmer's code? The hypothesis sounds quite fabricated to me, and of course, straight out of various current sci-fi fantasies. I don't think deja-vu or replaced coffeecups can serve as evidence in any form or fashion to support this Matrix fantasy.
I don't have many firm beliefs, especially about the ultimate nature of our universe, but I do think that the computational model is the best hypothesis of the bunch I've considered so far. If a better one comes along, then I'll adapt my views accordingly.
And you imply that you seem to be drawn to space, in a mystical fashion, as if you've outgrown the smelly jungles of Earth, or what..? Are you going to ascend to the stars? And are you going techno-religious, man, seriously?
Not to worry Jimi. I'm not going techno-religious. What I'm talking about are the things that come to my mind and how I feel about them when I look up at a starry night sky and I'm not doing some sort of analysis on the weather, or the constellations, or aircraft, but just filling my lungs with the cool night air and feeling the sense of wonder. It's like taking a few moments to smell the flowers, or watching a Sunset.
National Geographic has been writing about the 'exploratory instinct' in relation to exploration of our planet. It makes total sense in an evolutionary sense. I don't think, however, that the instinct is directed towards space travel, because space never was a component in the evolution of life here on Earth. So, unless you believe there's a mystical component inlaid in our genes, like a beacon of God calling us 'home', I don't think you can argue that space is calling.
You're right that I can't relay the feeling in words, but I could point out that I don't seem to be alone. Sky watching dates back into pre-history. Sky charts were painstakingly created by ancient tribes people who watched the sky for years until they grew old and died and passed on the sacred scrolls to the next generation who repeated the process through generations as the millennia passed. It's an amazing history with setbacks and triumphs and challenges, and people don't just do that unless they're drawn to it because they recognize a greater purpose. My great grandfather who was a blacksmith used to tell my Mom that someday we'll figure out how to go into space. He was considered "out there" in his day for talking like that. Add to that all the myths and legends and stories and surely you've got to recognize that there is something in the stars that resonates with some people in a way that is deeper than merely seeing little points of light in the sky.
Mind you, all I dream about personally, is some land with some trees and a small river,
Nice. I hope someday you find it. I've often thought about something similar, but I'm too spoiled by knowing too much about what's possible. Land, trees, and a river alone wouldn't be sufficient. That's what I meant by we're too far evolved out of the jungle. I know a self-sustaining off-the-grid residence complete with glass windows, electricity, power tools, garden, appliances, climate control, satellite uplink for Internet and cable, sewage treatment, recycling, hot and cold running water, comfy furniture and so on are all possible and I could never be satisfied living in the forest in animal skins trying not to get eaten by the bears.

What's more, even if we didn't know it was possible, humans are too smart for their own good. It would be just a matter of time before we started working our way out of it again, first with primitive tools, then fire, then metal, agriculture, technology, airplanes and spacecraft. Unless we devolve, we're never going back. But at the same time, we're not far enough evolved out of it yet to reach the stars. So we're stuck in this sort of intellectual techno-purgatory. I hope that helps clarify.
I couldn't care less about Martian dust, I'd hate to live there. So I think what you're experiencing is subjective, perhaps you feel a strong need to escape the 'real world'?
I wouldn't want to live on Mars any more than I'd want to go back to the stone age. That was my point. We're stuck in a place on our timeline when both going back to the jungle and going into space aren't realistic options for our civilization. Regarding wanting to escape the so-called "real world". I won't deny that I'm dismayed with a lot of what I see going on in the world, especially things like the continuing Fukushima mess, world politics, needless suffering, hunger, cruelty, greed, and the list goes on.

Nor will I deny that when it all gets to me, that going outside for a breath of fresh air and looking up at the stars and imagining that there is probably some species out there that's gotten past all the garbage gives me some hope for mankind's future in the cosmos, and it makes me wish I knew those who have already succeeded. But I'm not deluded about it. I don't believe in alien visitation simply because "I want to believe". Nor am I convinced that the alien craft that have been observed are some benevolent space brothers who have come here to rescue mankind. Earth is still an awesome planet with a lot of potential. But can we fulfill that potential before we burn ourselves out or are wiped out by some natural disaster? I know that there are people who really don't care about it either way so long as they can fulfill their immediate needs, but I'm not like them. Part of me genuinely hopes humanity will survive long enough to colonize other worlds :cool:.

Last edited:
I don't have many firm beliefs, especially about the ultimate nature of our universe, but I do think that the computational model is the best hypothesis of the bunch I've considered so far

It wouldn't surprise me if this wound up being true. Re-use of the same formulas, ratios, and building blocks throughout nature reminds me very much of using functions, classes and other computer elements such as re-using textural patterns in a game. It's complexity reminds me of the over-quoted Arthur Clark comment of "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Are we all just programs?

I don't have many firm beliefs, especially about the ultimate nature of our universe, but I do think that the computational model is the best hypothesis of the bunch I've considered so far. If a better one comes along, then I'll adapt my views accordingly...
Thanks for your thorough reply!

What can I say, I consider ourselves actual beings, I don't think we are virtual, I have no proof of that though.

I guess I understand your jungle reference now, it's a bit like Nietszche's illustration that we are 'bound' to the Earth (body) but strive towards the 'gods', our awareness of ourselves and the vastness of the universe make us yearn for answers. Is there something you expect to find in space, answers from someone or somewhere, or is it just the yearning to explore that vastness of it, or to create a new society?

I too hope that we manage to colonize the universe, but I'm happy my life isn't spent in transit somewhere in deep space! Though I'd love an actual 'sports model' to zip from planet to planet and explore, so not with current propulsion options :D

Thanks for your thorough reply!
Hey no problem. I enjoy writing and feel fortunate to have someone who listens.
What can I say, I consider ourselves actual beings, I don't think we are virtual, I have no proof of that though.
Whether or not the computational model is true, there's still every reason to believe we are actual beings. Even The One, the primordial realm, whatever we think of as the "real" universe, still has to contend with the same philosophical problems and cannot claim to be any more or less "actual" than we are. Where perspectives change is when we consider the role of a universe creator. Their importance is multiplied exponentially because they are custodians of entire civilizations on a grand scale. Humans should think that through a lot more before deciding to create our own virtual universes filled with conscious beings. We can barely take care of ourselves and our own planet, let alone take on the responsibility for whole sub-universes. Perhaps this is why our universe is so dispassionate to the plight of the suffering. It's literally beyond the creator's capacity to deal with the complexity and only a dispassionate machine can keep it all running.
I guess I understand your jungle reference now, it's a bit like Nietszche's illustration that we are 'bound' to the Earth (body) but strive towards the 'gods', our awareness of ourselves and the vastness of the universe make us yearn for answers. Is there something you expect to find in space, answers from someone or somewhere, or is it just the yearning to explore that vastness of it, or to create a new society?
Your Nietzsche quote sounds very much like what I'm expressing, but it doesn't even have to be that mystical or romanticised. The reality is that we have evolved cognitive abilities that will no longer permit us to be happy as simple cogs in the natural order. We are now deciding our own place in that order by manipulating nature to suit our needs. We can imagine that if we were dropped off naked on some deserted island paradise that we'd be happy picking bananas and eating fish, but the reality is that before long we'd be figuring out easier ways to get the bananas, more efficient ways to catch the fish, how to make clothing and shelter, and eventually exploring and mapping out the boundaries of our island, until one day we would wonder what lies beyond in the vast sea. Then would come boats and ships and planes and so on. Today the Earth is like an island and space is like the sea. It beckons the explorer.
I too hope that we manage to colonize the universe, but I'm happy my life isn't spent in transit somewhere in deep space! Though I'd love an actual 'sports model' to zip from planet to planet and explore, so not with current propulsion options :D
Like other ufologists ( e.g. Friedman ), I suspect that the sport models are shuttles dispatched from the gigantic mother ships, and it's the mother ships that make the interplanetary and interstellar journeys. But I certainly share your sentiments :).

Back