• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ghosts and theology

Ranko

Paranormal Novice
Has anyone ever examined the relationship of the (possible) existence of ghosts to theology? IF ghosts exist (of the sentient variety, not the tape-recorder variety), then wouldn't that prove the existence of an after-life? Or, when the ghosts finally disappear, do they just totally go out of existence, and thus do not prove the existence of an after-life?

Has anyone ever examined the relationship of the (possible) existence of ghosts to theology? IF ghosts exist (of the sentient variety, not the tape-recorder variety), then wouldn't that prove the existence of an after-life? Or, when the ghosts finally disappear, do they just totally go out of existence, and thus do not prove the existence of an after-life?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_the_Dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_underworld

There are other references from other theological viewpoints.
All it really proves., is that belief systems around the world have been attempting to explain aspects of the paranormal for thousands of years.

Remember, thinking the existance of ghosts proves the existance of god(s) is the same thing as saying the existance of gravity proves the world is flat. One has nothing to do to with the other unless you are trying to create that mold in your own personal belief system.

Much like UFOs are not neccessarily proof extraterrestrials exist, ghosts are not necessarily proof that sentient consciousness survives death.

I talked with the devil's son Damien (how original) via a Ouija board. He was a soul goofying off as far as I'm concerned. We talked a bit about religion with him. I recall the response of, Fuk god worship me being spelled out. So, we went on to talk about other things. For about 2 weeks, with controls, until we felt sick and a person involved burned the board.

Some ideas of ghosts go way out there. Did you know with some fundamentalist Christians there is the belief that ghosts are always demons masquerading as the spirit of a deceased person? So if you were to wake up and see the spirit of a dead loved one in your room one night, no matter how real or sweet they seem they're really just a demon screwing with you.

For about 2 weeks, with controls, until we felt sick and a person involved burned the board.

What were the controls?

I blind folded, and made the people touching the board look away, and ask the "spirit" what I was thinking, while I was across the room. It succeeded, but didn't spell the words 100 percent.

We also asked what people were wearing that we were talking to on the phone. Etc. It succeeded.

Also ask for predictions. He told the first one to die out of us. This person is now dead. Stuff like that went on.

I wrote about it long ago on my Mindsky account in more detail. I've talked about it on radio back in 98. Capn Jacks Paranormal radio show, or somethin like that. It's in Wisconsin. Maybe Jeff heard it? No?

I *seemingly* stumped James Randi with my experience. He sent me his number and asked me to call him. After I told him about ruling out the autonomic response. I was shy back then, and didn't see a point to it, so I didn't call. I wish I would have though, just for the heck of it. Then again, maybe Randi could have explained it, just wanted to talk with me on the phone instead of typing it up.

One of the direct witnesses is still alive. The other one is the one that died. I wish I had a video cam that I could have filmed it. I was just 15 and they were expensive back then:( There are many other witnesses that were on the phone with us however. But basically I just have my and another guy's word.

I *seemingly* stumped James Randi with my experience. He sent me his number and asked me to call him.
I didn't know Randi talked to anyone who wasn't on a talkshow! That's interesting. Did the spirit tell you much about who he was or how he died? Or did it always stick with the "son of the devil" story?

I didn't know Randi talked to anyone who wasn't on a talkshow! That's interesting. Did the spirit tell you much about who he was or how he died? Or did it always stick with the "son of the devil" story?

Well, I was on a talkshow though I doubt he knew it. Years ago Randi would reply to e-mails. He doesn't do it so much these days.

The entity stuck with the son of the devil story. He seemed to have an interest in the girl who owned the board. A sort of spirit stalker perhaps. Perhaps he was trying to scare us away from her. One of the guys involved with the experimenting was hoping to get in her pants etc. lol.

Back