• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ghost found in gym?

G

Gil Bavel

This is a newscast from a city near where I live about something caught on the motion-sensing security cameras:

<iframe src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/26887128#26887128" scrolling="no" width="425" frameborder="0" height="339"></iframe>

But what is it?

There are bugs and then there are BUGS. What about a large bug? A huge moth or beetle? A dragonfly?

Then again it would take death to make me go to the gym.

Wow. That is the most compelling ghost related thing Ive seen in a long while.

First all the motion sensing gear triggers the cameras on! Then you see some sort of orb moving around. Im really impressed with this story.

It was a spider. You can actually see the spider's legs in the frame.

A spider by itself won't set off a camera, as there's not enough mass, but... A SPIDER WEB, if large enough will set off the motion sensor camera.

The way the thing moves, is a dead give away. Especially when between frames you can see all 8 legs.

There are 3 frames in the video where you can clearly see the legs of the spider.

Me too. Seriously. I have a real phobia about spiders, and I have no idea why.

I can't see the legs. Where are they exactly?
And I don't see how a web would set off the camera if the spider or other bugs don't (talking about mass again). But I'm open.

When sensor cameras go off, they're attuned to size that sets them off.

A spider doesn't have necessarily enough mass, however when a web of a certain size has the wind hit it, they will go off.

I actually saw this happen 2 summers ago with our motion lights on the garage.

If you slow mo the frames of the video, you can literally see the spider's shape and legs.

Back