• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

General George Smith Patton, Jr.

Han

piscator ψ
Dear Paracasters, I have always been fascinated by General Patton.
Please point me in the direction of, or inform me of any stories you know of regarding him. (especially his belief in past lives) Thank you in advance.

Please point me in the direction of, or inform me of any stories you know of regarding him. (especially his belief in past lives) Thank you in advance.
You might try this book by Robert K. Wilcox.
You might try this book by Robert K. Wilson

517Bvt92X4L._SY400_.jpg

The closest thing I might have to an "inside" on Patton comes by way of an old friend of mine whose father had served in infantry under Patton during the war. My friend's take on Patton was that he was largely disliked by the rank and file. I remember mentioning Patton's nickname as "old blood and guts". My friends reply was, in effect, "That's right. If you had the blood, Patton had the guts".

FWIW

Back