• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene and Chris and the State of Paranormal Research

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Chris and I will be recording a "shop talk" episode today at 11 AM Pacific.

If you have questions about the ongoing issues in this forum, the state of the field, the state of the world. Whatever it is, within reason, we'll try to answer them.

Gene and Chris...

1. With the attention deficit disorder of today's youth, what would YOUR strategy be for drawing more interest into the field of UFO research for teenagers and young adults?

2. What is the most compelling paranormal case , UFO or otherwise, within the last 10 years, and why do think that case has not been given as much attention than it would have in the past?

3. Do you have any plans to expand the Paracast offerings, say to a "pay for" VIP service, or any other marketing ideas to grow the Paracast universe?

4. Who are your top five UFO researchers active in the field today, and why are they are your top-five list?

5. What are the top three "issues" or problems with current UFO research, or paranormal research for that matter, and what do you think is the best solution(s) to address these problems?

6. Lastly - if money were no option, what would you do to propel the UFO research field forward? For instance, would you establish a research organization like MUFON, etc...?

Peace.

J.

1. Are there still credible CE-3 and higher sightings today? All the big cases I'm aware of (e.g. Travis Walton, the Hills, the Bud Hopkins cases) happened decades ago. Are you aware of any cases like this in more recent memory or are we back to lights in the sky, orbs and craft only?

2. You both seem to think that the UFO phenomenon can't be easily explained by the ET hypothesis. What evidence do you have that the anomalies you're aware of have anything to do with the UFO phenomenon? In other words, couldn't it be that the classic UFO nuts and bolts sightings and encounters are ETs while the other strange things (e.g. bigfoot, apparitions, high strangeness events) are completely unrelated? After all, we live on a strange planet :). There may be lots of independently strange things going on.

3. Chris, as a video professional, can you explain why there aren't any high quality authentic videos or pictures of UFOs, with all of the new technology available? You would think someone would capture something good by now. I know the UFOs are deliberately elusive, but with the millions of cameras out there, why aren't we getting better evidence?

4. Are you aware of any plan or do you have any thoughts on forming an organization to actually make some progress on this topic? The organization would be a genuine research organization that collects data, analyzes and publishes the data? I think there are a lot of people on this forum who would actually like to use their various talents to furthering this field of study instead of only discussing it. Discussion is good, but research is better. For example, I have a background in IT (databases, software development). I'm sure I could contribute some spare time to a worthy endeavor if it was well organized and focused.
Thanks,

Technomage-Tee

Last edited:
Since joining the forum, I have come to believe as others here do, that the UFO phenom seems to "correct itself" -thus making it very difficult or next to impossible to obtain evidence through picture, video, etc. My thinking is that the intelligence behind these craft are somehow able to manipulate time in a manner that leaves a witness or witnesses unable to gather evidence. What are your thoughts on this theory? Am I misunderstanding the points of this theory?

I touched on this in my commentary on the most recent broadcast with David Weatherly but to Chris:

Since I first became aware of your work with Stalking The Tricksters you've warned against the inhibiting factor of pop culture programming, but even with the more advanced theories out there if after a period of time there is still no progresses being made will these advanced theories themselves become tomorrow's pop culture programming ?

If there was a trickster mechanism involved could it be leading us around by the nose and steering us into dead ends which may be why we find ourselves going around in circles, because that is the way of the trickster ?

Or, If the trickster mechanism was involved and maybe becoming sentient as you hypothesized would it not want to be acknowledged ?

If that is the case I would ask it, is THIS the proper way to go about it on the back wall of a cat wash in west la ?

uploadfromtaptalk1381417482496.jpg

OK. Too late again, but I'll ask anyway. @Chris: what happened to your idea of interviewing a psychic on the show or do a kind of on the air experiment with her (I guess it was a woman you have been working with)? And what about the bad feeling you had about this summer? I mean, for you to mention that several times, it must have been quite unnerving and not just some "normal" unspecific anxiety about the future?

Last edited:
Lately it seems that whenever I go to MUFON and look at recent UFO sighting reports 99% of them are sightings of "strange lights" and/or triangle shaped craft. Why, in your opinions do sightings change over time? It seems like discs UFO sightings are rarer and triangle sightings are more common. Also, given the fact that we now have drones and advanced remote control flying objects do you think we can discount most of these "strange light reports"? Basically what I am saying is I'm having a hard time finding some more recent compelling sightings reports!! Perhaps you know of some. Thanks for reading this rambling post. Looking forward to the episode.

Back