• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gained Time experience

tomdownie

Paranormal Novice
I am very interested in gained time experiences as opposed to missing time. These incidents may or may not be associated with ufo phenomenon. I have had two such experiences in my life that I am aware of (arriving while driving somwhere ahead of schedule, with a known portion of the drive not remembered, which coincided by distance with the time gained). I have searched the net for these types of experiences and have only found two other cases. If anyone knows of any cases, or experienced them, I would be happy to hear from them at [email protected].

I am very interested in gained time experiences as opposed to missing time. These incidents may or may not be associated with ufo phenomenon. I have had two such experiences in my life that I am aware of (arriving while driving somwhere ahead of schedule, with a known portion of the drive not remembered, which coincided by distance with the time gained). I have searched the net for these types of experiences and have only found two other cases. I anyone knows of any cases or experienced them I would be happy to hear from them at [email protected].
I have no problem with putting your email address in this forum, but I'd rather folks who have experiences to report would also post them here as well, so our growing membership can discuss them. :)

I have had time anomalies which include gaining time experiences. These are not UFO related that I am aware of. The formula so to speak seems, at least for most of my experiences, to involve music, movement and my awareness is either extremely focused or trance-like. I hope that made some sence.

These have occured while walking or driving. I don't really think that much about them anymore unless the time difference is really big. I am not sure at what point the strange has become normal for me but that line has been crossed.

A friend of mine, who has a history of very odd experiences, told me of a "gained-time" event on a phone call, just a few days ago.

Driving home, and she arrived MUCH earlier than she thought, and - the high-way was strangely void of traffic, and it was rush hour, and the traffic report on the radio told of heavy traffic - right where she was.

She was with her 9 year old daughter.

She was very perplexed. Enough to call me.

Jeff Ritzman has a gained time experience he's covered on one of the Paracasts, and Dave Biedny does too, both involving driving someplace and showing up mysteriously early.

I've never had anything like this happen, but there's a scene like this in the Mothman Prophesies movie.

My enthusiasim got the best of me, sorry. I am very pleased with the responses this inquiry recieved. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. In my case to be more specific, I was driving over very familiar terrain, knowing the distances, speed and times involved. One incident took place on number 1 hwy (the transcanada hwy) in Manitoba between Macgregor and Brandon in the summer of 1975. The other took place between gilbert plains and dauphin, manitoba in the summer of 1990. In both cases over distances of 40-45 miles, driving vechiles that were governed, I gained between 15 to 20 minutes during my drives and do not remember significant and familiar locations during each drive. The portions of the road I do not remember passing over were roughly in mileage equal to the timed gained in minutes in each case. In the second case someone I had phoned to meet with in Dauphin just as I left Gilbert Plains could not believe I had arrived in such a short time after calling them. Road hypnosis could explain the missing landmarks and road but not the gained time. Both these incidents bothered me greatly and i have pondered them ever since.

Hey I see its been a while since people have replied to this post but searching the internet you don't come up for a lot with this and I wanted to share my experience since everyone I tell thinks Im nuts... and really I'm still so confused about it.

I saw someone else mentioned the Trans canada hwy, thats where I was too, only in BC. Just for reference, this is the order of the cities I drove through : Chilliwack-Abbotsford-Aldergrove-langley-surrey
I was coming from Chilliwack, going to Langley (there are 2 cities inbetween) about a 45 min drive just on the freeway. As I was going through Chilliwack there was lighting bolts one side of the hwy closer to the mountains, as I got closer it was on both sides on the hwy and then traffic was really backed up, I was going about 40kms and then the lighting was one either side of my car, I could only see it out of my profial vision. Traffic was slowing right down and I called my friend. I got off the phone a minute later because traffic picked up again (a truck and trailer had gone in the ditch) a few seconds after traffic picking up it slowed right down again. Concidering with out traffic to get to Lanlgey would still take me about 25-30 mins, I was concidering getting off the last exit to abbotsford and taking a different route. I was watching the signs, for the exit I wanted. I saw the one before the one I wanted and knew mine was coming up, traffic was still backed right up. I was leaning to see if this sign was my exit and it said 'weigh station' I knew there was no weigh station between where I was and where I was going, then I saw the numbers on the sign for the next exit and knew that the city I THOUGHT I was in didn't have numbered sreets... I looked closer and realized I was at the last exit of the city PAST Langley, I was almost through Surrey.
I had never been so confused ever in my life, I honestly thought I had died and had one of those moments you see on tv where the ghost doesnt realize its dead and carries on with life... yeah seriously. Then I took that exit, turned around and headed back to Langley, Just as I did that I checked my phone, I knew that not enough time had past for me to get where I was, but I wanted to know how much time past. I had called my friend only 5 minutes before. when i was in Chilliwack. It would take at least 60 mins from Chilliwack to surrey with NO traffic, yet in backed up traffic, I made it in 5.... now I really thought I was dead. I made it back to my exit and went to the store I wanted and was only releived when someone said something to me... seriously thought I died and had no memory of it!
The other weird thing is I have driven this route since then, chilliwack to surrey, and there is just landmarks I could NOT have missed yet I never saw, cities so obviouse from the freeway but I have no memory of passing them that day. I have no idea how this happened or what it was, but Im glad Im not the only one!

It seems to me that a space/time anomaly might have several other effects.

Did you listen to the radio? Did it sound normal?
Did your watch have the correct time at the end of the journey?
Did your car have a clock? Was it correct at the end of the journey?
Did your gas mileage seem correct?
Did you make the expected number of stops for gas?
Did you check your mileage gauge. Did you travel the correct distance?
Did you call anyone via cell phone, pay phone or CB radio. Anything unusual there?
Did you stop anywhere during the trip? Did things seem normal there?
Did you have any electronic/magnetic devices with you, i.e., a MP3 player, cassette tapes, pager, cell phone. If so did they seem ok during and after the trip?
At the end of the trip was there anything different with your car, you or your clothing?

It's interesting. This is like Einstein's Twin Paradox. In a manner of speaking, less time passed for you than it should have. You weren't traveling near the speed of light were you? :)

bluecat

Back