• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Future show suggestions.

Free episodes:

R

Recon

You guys should try to get on...

Barry Chamish, he does some stuff on increasing ufo sightings in israel and also the return of the giants...

that would be an interesting show.
Account Suspended

here is one of his interviews from his media section from his website

Please try to get Peter Lance. He has done great work into 9/11, terrorism and FBI incompetence as a whole. He a tireless investigative journalist and an informative guest. Ive read two of his books and I would suggest them to anyone. Sorry, he's not into the whole 911 conspiracy theories, but he does respect them.. I remember him debating Alex Jones on C2C, it was classic.

Untitled Document

Other suggestions:

Track down some of those Disclosure Project witneses and David and Gene can ask them some more in depth questions about their experiences with both UFO and Greer.

Also, how about that whole 2012 thing going on, like about how earth might be changing its axis and all that type of stuff.

What about some experienced and well-known remote viewers that have worked a lot studying the past life in Mars?

I am pretty sure that either Major Ed Dames or Joseph McMoneagle would love to get some extra exposure to their books and remote viewing online courses by being on the paracast :cool:

DVS said:
Please try to get Peter Lance. He has done great work into 9/11, terrorism and FBI incompetence as a whole.

I'd second Peter Lance, but would personally counsel him against appearing on a show dedicated to the "paranormal." His invesigations rely on documentation and evidence, which have nothing to do with the paranormal. Of course, an interview with him might be a much-needed breath of fresh air.

He's appeared on Coast to Coast, of course, so I guess another paranormal show wouldn't bother him. He's a very thoughtful guy.

Why not invite forum members to record mp3's of their experiences. Possibly decide on a framework for the recording length, arrangement etc. And just put it in the show when you can?

idontunderstand said:
Why not invite forum members to record mp3's of their experiences. Possibly decide on a framework for the recording length, arrangement etc. And just put it in the show when you can?

And rename the show Paracoast to coast?

CapnG said:
And rename the show Paracoast to coast?

Ive never listened to coast to coast, but I infer from your comments that its not up to scratch?

I think it would be an interesting idea, and would give more of a connection to the actual show. Whats is there to be afraid of? It can only bring more debate to the forums.

Just an idea.

Well, Gene & I have had some long talks about this, and we've decided to have a contest for our forum regulars. We're going to pass the show to two of the listeners than can come up with the best new name for the show. No kidding - come up with a better name than The Paracast (which is a terrible name, so this should be easy), and whoever comes up with the best two names gets to take over the show, and implement every cool thing they've always wanted in the show, but which Gene & I are too stubborn to act on (we're old and worn out, so some new blood is obviously the answer). We've come to the end of the road, it's time to wrap this experiment up.

No kidding - we're ready to move on, it's obvious that we've run out of steam and ideas, and we'd like the chance to pass the torch to someone else. You'll get the domain name, the mics we use to record, our Skype accounts, everything currently in place. We'll also give you $200 towards paying the ISP for hosting, and our contact list for show guests.

So get to work, and you can own the show that used to be The Paracast.

This Sunday's episode will be the last one with Gene & myself.

We appreciate all of your kind words and support, and look forward to seeing the next iteration of, well, the new show.

dB

I pretty much sensed that you'd "had enough" a few shows ago - so what are you gonna do instead? Are leaving paranormal life behind and going back to some 'normal' life activities?

I think you gave it a good run though - producing a weekly 2 hour show for over a year must have taken a massive effort and all for no 'reward'.

I've been paying less and less attention to these topics in the last few years - I concluded a long time ago that even though it's obvious that 'something is going on' we're not gonna get any anwers until the 'powers that be' are ready to give them.

Also, I find the 'forum experience' less than satisfactory - not specifically the paracast forum, but any forum on this topic. There's just too many people who can't get past 'first base' and want to fight you on every single point raised. It's tedious.

Anyway, thanks for the great shows - they really *were* interesting and you've certainly helped me make my mind up about a lot of 'players' in this field.

Rick Deckard said:
I pretty much sensed that you'd "had enough" a few shows ago - so what are you gonna do instead? Are leaving paranormal life behind and going back to some 'normal' life activities?

I think you gave it a good run though - producing a weekly 2 hour show for over a year must have taken a massive effort and all for no 'reward'.

I've been paying less and less attention to these topics in the last few years - I concluded a long time ago that even though it's obvious that 'something is going on' we're not gonna get any anwers until the 'powers that be' are ready to give them.

Also, I find the 'forum experience' less than satisfactory - not specifically the paracast forum, but any forum on this topic. There's just too many people who can't get past 'first base' and want to fight you on every single point raised. It's tedious.

Anyway, thanks for the great shows - they really *were* interesting and you've certainly helped me make my mind up about a lot of 'players' in this field.

That's an awfully long new name idea for the show, you need to think more along the lines of a couple of words or so, like "The ParaPlug", or "UFO Cheese", or "Craptastic", something more along those lines.

dB

David Biedny said:
Still too many words. Do you want to take over the show, or not?

dB

I don't know, David, but "ship encounter" might be suitable considering some of the crazies in this field. We can have weekly readings by BM in several languages, for example.

This thread is weird - have I stepped into a parallel universe? The problem with announcing the next show as the last is that it's on April Fools Day...it's a joke, right?

Rick Deckard said:
This thread is weird - have I stepped into a parallel universe? The problem with announcing the next show as the last is that it's on April Fools Day...it's a joke, right?

Joke? Prey tell, what are you talking about? I'm not capable of jokes, as David tells me constantly.

Are we gonna get to hear about your conclusions about your experiment?

I mean, I'd like you to cast your minds back to before you started the paracast and revisit your reasoning for doing it. Has it achieved *any* of the goals you hoped it would, or is it simply made you more disillusioned now than you ever were with the whole subject? I think it would be helpful to explain your reasoning for ending your input to the show.

Rick Deckard said:
Are we gonna get to hear about your conclusions about your experiment?

I mean, I'd like you to cast your minds back to before you started the paracast and revisit your reasoning for doing it. Has it achieved *any* of the goals you hoped it would, or is it simply made you more disillusioned now than you ever were with the whole subject? I think it would be helpful to explain your reasoning for ending your input to the show.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><tbody><tr><td align="center" width="80%">[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Cheap Donuts and Expensive Broccoli: the Effect of Relative Prices on Obesity[/SIZE][/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="80%"> <center> [FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]
JONAH B. GELBACH
University of Maryland - Department of Economics; Florida State University College of Law
JONATHAN KLICK
Florida State University College of Law
THOMAS STRATMANN
George Mason University - Buchanan Center Political Economy; CESifo (Center for Economic Studies and Ifo Institute for Economic Research)
[/FONT] <hr width="25%"> [FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]April 2007[/FONT]
</center> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <!-- SHOW ABSTRACT: BEGIN --> <tr> <td>
[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Abstract: [/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA] Americans have been getting fatter since at least the mid 1980s. To better understand this public health problem, much attention has been devoted to determining the underlying cause of increasing body weights in the U.S. We examine the role of relative food prices in determining an individual's body mass index, arguing that as healthful foods become more expensive relative to unhealthful foods, individuals substitute to a less healthful diet. Using data from the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) for the period 1982-1996, we find that individual BMI measures, as well as the likelihood of being overweight or obese, exhibit a statistically significant positive correlation with the prices of healthful relative to unhealthful foods. These results are robust to endogenizing the relative price measure. While the magnitudes of our estimates suggest that relative price changes can only explain about 1 percent of the growth in BMI and the incidence of being overweight or obese over this period, they do provide some measure of how effective fat taxes would be in controlling the obesity epidemic. Our estimates imply, for example, that a 100 percent tax on unhealthful foods could reduce average BMI by about 1 percent, and the same tax could reduce the incidence of being overweight and the incidence of obesity by 2 percent and 1 percent respectively. [/FONT] [FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA] [/FONT]
</td> </tr> <!-- SHOW ABSTRACT: END --> <!-- EDITOR NOTES: BEGIN --> <!-- EDITOR NOTES: END --> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Keywords: BMI, fat, diet, health, wild cluster bootstrap, fat tax[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

To David & Gene,

Wow, I'm kind of in a state of shock that you guys are hanging up your mics! Unless its an April Fool's joke on us! :confused: Well, thanks for everything, I really appreciated your hard work and I thought the show was excellent and informative.. Thanks!

If I may give a suggestion, how about asking your buddies at Above Top Secret, which obviousy would be the name of the show. Jeff Ritzman can host and do the photo/vid analysis part and that other guy (he was on C2C re: the Chicago UFO) I'm sorry I forgot his name can be the host. I think ATS is ripe for a show like this, unless they already have one. Just an idea to throw out there.

Back