• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

France finally reveals UFO database!

DBTrek said:
If the French UFO archives are throroughly searched and the UFO community comes away with no more tangible evidence of ET contact than it has today will that change anyone's views on the UFO phenomena?

Wow, that was a long sentence.

-DBTrek

Of course not - how do we know that they've put *ALL* of the cases online?

Rick Deckard said:
Of course not - how do we know that they've put *ALL* of the cases online?

You can't know, would be the obvious answer. Yet, you never really can know can you? Even if you were given free access to every archive of every government in the world there's always the possibility that some clandestine shadow government has the real proof and they're hiding it from you.

Yet I find it more likely that there's simply nothing to be found. Even if all the governments of Earth have a reason to hide ET visitors from public knowledge I see no reason the ET's themselves would need to hide their presence. Entomologists don't take great pains to hide themselves from the ants. Jane Goodall takes no great pains to hide herself from the chimps. Why do the ET's need to hide from us?

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
You can't know, would be the obvious answer. Yet, you never really can know can you? Even if you were given free access to every archive of every government in the world there's always the possibility that some clandestine shadow government has the real proof and they're hiding it from you.

Yet I find it more likely that there's simply nothing to be found. Even if all the governments of Earth have a reason to hide ET visitors from public knowledge I see no reason the ET's themselves would need to hide their presence. Entomologists don't take great pains to hide themselves from the ants. Jane Goodall takes no great pains to hide herself from the chimps. Why do the ET's need to hide from us?

-DBTrek

Many scientist do try and remain un detected while researching animals. Animals act differently sometimes when they are aware of out presence. You taint the research project by having them in captivity or being around. Aliens might not think like Jane Goodall.

The brookings report gives some possible reasons for an advance race to not interfere with a lesser evolved civilization.

If aliens are kiddnapping people against their will, making themselves known on a wide scale might make their task more difficult. More resistance. This might be annoying.

Some people do indeed panic about such matters. They may not want to fuel this.

We send fighter jets after ufos. They may not desire this. It would be like a gnat at a pic nic. Annoying.

One could say that there is no reason for them to not hide themselves. Why should they when they are doing what they want to do without it?

Much more can be said on this. This was just the tip of the ice berg and I'm sure it raises all sorts of, "yes buts". Some of which I might take time to deal with later.

DBTrek said:
Yet I find it more likely that there's simply nothing to be found. Even if all the governments of Earth have a reason to hide ET visitors from public knowledge I see no reason the ET's themselves would need to hide their presence.

Well, I think you need to make the distinction between 'hiding their presence' and 'making contact'. I would argue that the thousands of reported sightings are evidence that 'they' are *not* 'hiding their presence'.

Something that I think needs thrown on the table is that some aliens might want to remain hidden, and some may not. Or, some aliens may want to hide while doing some things, and not others. Maybe not all aliens think alike.

A general lumped up idea is that typical aliens don't go out of their way to show us, or hide from us. They do their business with perhaps the least amount of obstruction and in ways that may hint at their existence for perhaps future disclosure. This is a general read and I could be wrong of course.

Some may argue that they tried to contact us before, but we don't send the welcome wagon. 1952 DC fly over and Battle of LA come to mind. SOME crop circles MIGHT be part of this.

Some think that aliens hiding their presence may be part of an agreement they have made with our gov. The details of which you can find elsewhere, I don't feel like typing it all up. I'm not convinced this is the case btw, but wanted to mention it because in theory would put forth a reason to be covert.

And before eggs get thrown, by alien, I mean something that is not human from the here and now.

Artyom said:
My 2 cents:)
use Google Translate - Google Translate to read it in English, I'm not sure about it gives a 100% accurate translation but sure it helps.

Thank you very much. I've been waiting for a translated version. 100 percent translation might not even be possible, so no biggy there:)

DBTrek said:
If the French UFO archives are throroughly searched and the UFO community comes away with no more tangible evidence of ET contact than it has today will that change anyone's views on the UFO phenomena?

Wow, that was a long sentence.

-DBTrek

No, it won't make any difference to anyone. Hardcore believers will insist (as a poster already has) that absence of evidence is evidence (there might be missing reports, so that somehow proves something). Hardcore debunkers will find more ammunition to bolster their position.

Those of us sitting on the fence - or at least holding open the door of possibility - will have fun poring over the reports and looking for common trends with North American ufology. Solid correlations might have all kinds of interesting implications.

Rick Deckard said:
Sooooooo.....

...does anyone know if anything worthwhile came out of this database? :confused:

The cases that I'm aware of are mediocre.

But one thing good came from this. The rumor of UK releasing info. that I heard about awhile back is apparently true. Thanks to France releasing data, the UK is going to now.

A.LeClair said:
The cases that I'm aware of are mediocre.

But one thing good came from this. The rumor of UK releasing info. that I heard about awhile back is apparently true. Thanks to France releasing data, the UK is going to now.

Hmmm, I see - so, what are the chances of the UK files revealing anything 'exciting'?

I'm sure that the UFO files that France and The UK will release will be nothing but sightings. It won't be about recovered craft, or contact with extra-terrestrials.

If they'd come clean on everything, then the UFO community wouldn't look like a bunch of goofballs.

Tommy Allison said:
I'm sure that the UFO files that France and The UK will release will be nothing but sightings. It won't be about recovered craft, or contact with extra-terrestrials.

If they'd come clean on everything, then the UFO community wouldn't look like a bunch of goofballs.

Some still would, trust me :)

Tommy Allison said:

That's exactly what I think - I mean, look at the declassification process where they often renew the classification of 'sensitive' documents or censor the documents that may be eventually be released. Freedom of information is a (bad) joke.

Back