• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

France finally reveals UFO database!

admoreno

Paranormal Novice
The Centre National d'Estudies Spatiales (CNES.fr) in France finally published today their long awaited database containing over 30 years of studies pertaining to the UFO and atmospheric phenomena. This database was original slated to be published back in February but it was only today that was finally available to the public.

The database contains, sketches, pictures, sounds, videos and thousands of testimonies signed by witnesses all over France.

CNES feels necessary to let people know about this phenomena with transparency without speculating much about the topic. Obviously they are having a lot of traffic on their site today with this historic event, but i think it worth trying to visit their site and check it out.

;)

admoreno said:
The Centre National d'Estudies Spatiales (CNES.fr) in France finally published today their long awaited database containing over 30 years of studies pertaining to the UFO and atmospheric phenomena. This database was original slated to be published back in February but it was only today that was finally available to the public.

The database contains, sketches, pictures, sounds, videos and thousands of testimonies signed by witnesses all over France.

CNES feels necessary to let people know about this phenomena with transparency without speculating much about the topic. Obviously they are having a lot of traffic on their site today with this historic event, but i think it worth trying to visit their site and check it out.

;)

I hope they've put it on a BIG web server....oops, the site timed-out - I guess not... :confused:

The CIA have probably put a firewall around it :)

Looks like a perfect time to get Jacques Vallee to spend an hour or two on the program. I'd love to hear his take on the release of this documentation.

In the meantime, I'm like a kid who can't get his birthday presents fast enough. I wish the site would open up or slow down or whatever. Just can't get in.:mad:

Noanswers said:
Looks like a perfect time to get Jacques Vallee to spend an hour or two on the program. I'd love to hear his take on the release of this documentation.

In the meantime, I'm like a kid who can't get his birthday presents fast enough. I wish the site would open up or slow down or whatever. Just can't get in.:mad:

Play with the alien on the link I posted - ask it some questions. You'll laugh. :)

Some brief summaries of some of the cases were given awhile back. I read about some on the net. All of the cases I read about were mediocre in my view. I hope there is at least a few good cases with photos and videos. I don't have my hopes up however.

A.LeClair said:
I hope there is at least a few good cases with photos and videos. I don't have my hopes up however.

Me neither - if there is a 'cover-up' would the other super-powers allow France to spill the beans?

Originally Posted by A.LeClair
I hope there is at least a few good cases with photos and videos. I don't have my hopes up however.

Me neither - if there is a 'cover-up' would the other super-powers allow France to spill the beans?

This is why I thought a discussion with Vallee might be warrented. I get the impression his mind is like a steele trap and if there were any deviations from what he remembers he would be able to call "bull*hit" on them.

The optimist says that the French have been pretty open about a lot more of the UFO stuff than other nations and there might be something in these reports.

Sort of in the same vein: can anyone give me a synopsis about the Brazillian release? Did they ever do it, and what was the general consensus?

I now that their server times out, it is frustrating :mad:

I saw on first on TV (I am living in France) they were interviewing an expert from the project GEIPAN (which is the department of CNES specialized on building this database) and they seem to have very cool videos for what I saw on TV. Right away I managed to visit the site (it was very slow) and saw few pictures, but the server started to get very busy to a point that I gave up and stopped looking at it.

In a nutshell what the fellow from GEIPAN (Jacques Patenet) said on TV is that:
1) After doing a lot of research on the reported sightings they concluded that a big portion of it were actually atmospherics anomalies.
2) There is certain evidence that cannot be "labeled" as atmospheric anomalies since they simply cannot explain what it is, therefore this fact leaves an "open door" to further research or even consideration that ET life could exist.
3) They implement a new terms for UFOs (OVNIS). This new term is PAN (which stands for PHENOMENES AEROSPATIAUX NON IDENTIFIQUE) which for me is pretty much the same crap as an UFO, "something out there that we don't have a clue what it is".

Some of the pictures I managed to see on their site were pretty cool and I had never seen them before (so I think they are really unreleased pictures), they had diagrams of recent sightings like an Air France flight in which the entire crew saw an UFO, they had pictures of typical misunderstood UFO (like auroras boreal and fireworks, etc) and they even have a podcast talking about it (in French). The site is very educative, have a ton of stuffs and very well done (Not sure if it is translated to English). If their server is still too busy, I would recommend you to try again in a couple of days. As I said before it does worth checking it out.

I found this other links (in French) with pictures, audio and videos in case you want to know more about it:

Info et Actualité en direct - Toutes les actualités et infos - MYTF1News

Info et Actualité en direct - Toutes les actualités et infos - MYTF1News

I wonder if with this kind of evidence people will start to think differently... :rolleyes:

Rick Deckard said:

I've heard interesting rumors about that sort of thing in regards to France coming out with info. But, they're just rumors, so I'll keep quiet for now:) Keep your eyes open though, what I'm referring to will probably be released by investigators along with the rest. Then you can decide for yourself. I just don't want to add to the rumor mill.

Noanswers said:
Originally Posted by A.LeClair

This is why I thought a discussion with Vallee might be warrented. I get the impression his mind is like a steele trap and if there were any deviations from what he remembers he would be able to call "bull*hit" on them.

The optimist says that the French have been pretty open about a lot more of the UFO stuff than other nations and there might be something in these reports.

Sort of in the same vein: can anyone give me a synopsis about the Brazillian release? Did they ever do it, and what was the general consensus?

Yes, it's been done. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me that is. I got tired of waiting for a translation, plus what I did hear about via interviews didn't impress me, so I kinda put it on the back burner.

Spain also had a release several years ago. Not much talk about it.

Spoke too soon - the search page is unavailable - the people who created this database have been quoted as saying that there's no cases on their that we haven't seen before...don't know what that means.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten into the site in any depth.
In the middle of the night US time, I managed to get into the area where (in English) they were outlining their plan to start releasing data, but could get no further.
It appears as though, over on the left side, there is a search link for specific cases, but it wouldn't open for me. If I'm not extrapolating correctly, it looks like one will have to know some specific detail of a case to locate information.

Hey, Rick! Not cool, man...I was starting to fall in love, and then it turns out that she's not even FRENCH!

Actually, here's the REAL link...actually forget it. Can you say "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".....I'll try it again in a week.

If the French UFO archives are throroughly searched and the UFO community comes away with no more tangible evidence of ET contact than it has today will that change anyone's views on the UFO phenomena?

Wow, that was a long sentence.

-DBTrek

Back