• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Four Corners, Ancient Sites & Star Alignment

LoremIpsum

Paranormal Novice
So, recently, for no apparent reason other than perhaps the onset of a mid life crisis, I have been drawn to thinking about where I was born, Moab, Utah. When I say drawn, I mean: can't sleep, thinking about it all the time, can smell the post-rainstorm desert sage air fleetingly despite being on another continent populated by gum trees. And this is increasing rapidly as of late.

I'm not sure why this happening, but of course the first to know about it was Google. I have been pulling up maps of the four corners area and trying to reacquaint myself. I grew up in Vegas but my parents were drawn back to this area like moths to a flame every summer break, so as kids these were our stomping grounds.

One thing that has come right to the surface is this notion that the ancient sites in the area have an alignment to Orion, with the first, second and third mesas as the hub/belt. Despite this idea existing in the field now as popular notion (History Channel?) I can find no real research discussing it. I did find a diagram that would appear to have been clipped from one of those shows, but interpreting it yields an erroneous alignment of sites on a real map (read: malarkey).

I am curious whether anyone out there has some information or input on this. Do any of the native sites in the four corners area have an alignment to anything other than where fresh water and defensible positions were to be found back-when? (Chris I'd love to hear from you on this one.)

Last edited:
…One thing that has come right to the surface is this notion that the ancient sites in the area have an alignment to Orion, with the first, second and third mesas as the hub/belt. Despite this idea existing in the field now as popular notion (History Channel?) I can find no real research discussing it. I did find a diagram that would appear to have been clipped from one of those shows, but interpreting it yields an erroneous alignment of sites on a real map (read: malarkey). I am curious whether anyone out there has some information or input on this. Do any of the native sites in the four corners area have an alignment to anything other than where fresh water and defensible positions were to be found back-when? (Chris I'd love to hear from you on this one.)
Read Gary David's book, The Orion Zone where he lays out this particular archaeoastronomy theory in a concise manner. Also, re-listen to Gary's initial appearence on the Paracast HERE:

Another topic Im interested in, ancient ruins and certain geographical locations linked to the stars, been reading on what i could find babylonian and sumerian studies as they use the stars to build and work as a part of reading and learning astrology and ancient mysteries and so forth. Il hvae to find something on orion specifically.

Back