• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Forum Facelift

Hey Rick,

Don't know if there is a preference that can be set or if this is a programming feature, but each time I go back and forth between pages or click on a link to change my password for instance, I'm bounced back to the top of the forum home page. I then have to wait for the page to load and then scroll down to see the the data entry field or the next post that I'm interested in reading. Is there a way to circumvent all of the "scrolling down"? It would be great to click on a link and the post appears rather than having to scroll.

Thanks for your hard work!

Alea said:
Hey Rick,

Don't know if there is a preference that can be set or if this is a programming feature, but each time I go back and forth between pages or click on a link to change my password for instance, I'm bounced back to the top of the forum home page. I then have to wait for the page to load and then scroll down to see the the data entry field or the next post that I'm interested in reading. Is there a way to circumvent all of the "scrolling down"? It would be great to click on a link and the post appears rather than having to scroll.

Thanks for your hard work!

Hmmm - I'm not sure I follow your problem.

The title graphic and board message box do take up nearly a whole page - is this what's getting in your way?

Which browser do you use? I use firefox and always click on the link with the *middle mouse-button* to open a link in a new *tab* - i then click on the tab, scroll down using the mouse-wheel, read the post, close it and go back to original page which is still opened where I left it ready to click on another link...I sometimes open several links at once in their own separate tabs, so that they're already loaded when I finally get to them. It doesn't feel like there's a problem but that could be down to the way I browse the forum...

Do you use other forums? Do they behave in the same way?

Am I hallucinating or are there now commercial banners for frozen food on the Paracast Forums?!! I know you gotta pay the bills, but commercials here and on the show?

Brian Now said:
Am I hallucinating or are there now commercial banners for frozen food on the Paracast Forums?!! I know you gotta pay the bills, but commercials here and on the show?

Yes, we run banners to make a few bucks. We can set it up for one per thread, or have it repeat after 5 messages, which may be a bit much. I think we'll scale it back a tad, but we still have to earn our keep, folks :)

Folks, I also want to remind you that you can change your forum theme in your User Control Panel (under Edit Options). We have four to pick from and I'm kind of a fan of BlueNooB, which Rick Deckard and I modified with a little advice and counsel from David; well Rick does most of the behind-the-scenes stuff. Check it out.

Back