• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Forum Changes...

Just a note, at least in Safari running on OS X Lion, the button to access your account, which also displays the notifications, is partially hidden behind the search field. (Disregard my pretentious executive bio photo, I didn't get to choose the pose)
Screen Shot 2011-11-07 at 3.32.39 PM.png

I just want to follow up. I'm running Safari and Lion also and cannot duplicate your particular problem.

Since we first set up this forum, there's been a software update. So please try again.

Don't know if this has already been touched on, didn't bother reading the 42 posts already created in here prior to my own. But can the Recent Posts column be changed so that it doesn't show the same thread several times? I liked the old way better, it showed the most recent threads that had been posted in rather than having the same thread appear in the list multiple times.

As far as the forum change goes...hate to be a glass-half-empty-type but I can't help it...I ain't a fan of it. Is garish-looking, reminds me of an over-designed video game forum. The simplicity of the old forum was better. Less is more. But I resist change. :) Guess I'll have to get accustomed to it.

Recent Posts shows individual posts, not threads. So it may have several messages from the same thread, as you noticed. I'd rather have a Recent Thread feature, and I'm still looking for one that works with this forum.

As to the theme, we're always looking for better ideas, but I look at it as simpler.

Recent Posts shows individual posts, not threads. So it may have several messages from the same thread, as you noticed. I'd rather have a Recent Thread feature, and I'm still looking for one that works with this forum.

As to the theme, we're always looking for better ideas, but I look at it as simpler.

Yeah, I know. Guess I prefer a recent thread activity column over a recent posts one. One of the things I always liked about the Paracast forum was the recent thread activity box. Prevented me from having to click around all over the place to see what was going on recently. The new column allows for the same thing but not for as many threads if a particular one is hot.

As far as my comments on the design-change go I've always been like that. I get used to something and I hate to see it get altered. Facebook changes stuff every week it seems and every update irritates me. The best that site ever was was the first day I ever saw it. Every update since, without exception, has been a step backwards in my estimation. As far as the Paracast goes, I reckon I'll get used to it. But it's quite jarring to me at the get-go.

Whoops, we may have a potential software conflict with Latest Threads, meaning it'll have to go back to Recent Posts shortly. Sorry.

Strange... I click on the 'Views' button to sort the forum by 'Views' but I still don't see the view count...

Is there a personal setting that will show view counts for threads ?

Is this a XenForo feature/option that can be activated ? I figured it may have been a processor/server intensive request slowing down the board ;)

Anyways, congrats on the new look, its great !
Just our option, and we choose not to exercise the option, since I don't think we want our competitors to know anything at all about our traffic. That's strictly available to those who wish to advertise with us. :)

Just our option, and we choose not to exercise the option, since I don't think we want our competitors to know anything at all about our traffic. That's strictly available to those who wish to advertise with us. :)

I used that count to measure the effectiveness of thread titles (curiosity index)...

Wonders if there's something in the XenForo software that could highlight how hot a topic is based on hitcount... without showing the count... ?

You might find something listed at the ZenForo.com site. I'll certainly consider it.

Found it :)

Hot Topics

Topics with a lot of activity are marked (logo, color,...).

... well maybe not... Seems to still be on wish list lol
XenForo advertises their product with the 'Hot Topic' feature which seems to be based on replies and not views.... or a combination of replies and views

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ound-of-thread-based-on-likes-or-posts.19790/

Win, Glad to be back, had a break from the Paracast, I kind of missed the skeptics here though, I respect them because I get a bit crazy sometimes, and worried, like with the Fema camps etc. I would really enjoy more Podcasts with Ghost hunters etc, I'm not going to lie the Skinwalker episode a few weeks ago, really creeped me out, I was playing it through my tv at 3 am in England spooked! ;D

Back