• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Former NASA official and member of Apollo navigation team is found dead in Thailand with a rope tied

nameless

Paranormal Adept
A retired NASA official who served on the Apollo Navigation Team has been found dead with a rope around his neck and genitals inside a home in Thailand, it emerged today.
Police found the body of Paul Milford Muller, 76, on Tuesday in the Tak Province of the country and suspect he had been dead for about three days.
Police Col Ekarat Intasueb, chief of Mae Sot police station, said there was a rope tied around his genitals and waist and another tied around his neck, which was hanging from the knob of his bedroom door.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332657/Former-NASA-official-dead-rope-tied-neck-genitals-Thailand.html#ixzz2Uqop4H4Q
article-2332657-1A0C8A02000005DC-94_634x761.jpg

My NASA Days

When I give talks, or write short articles such as blogging replies to news stories in my field, I am often asked just how it was at NASA/JPL where I spent 10 years. The most interesting and demanding assignment was as one of the senior members of the Apollo navigation team. To avoid all doubt, these duties were carried out with my feet firmly on the ground. There is no way I would have had the courage to sit on top of pent up energy equivalent to a nuclear bomb in the hope that the thin shells containing it would hold together through launch, not to mention all the other risks along the way as evidenced by Apollo 13 (fine film and accurate). I could cite the excuse of mild claustrophobia, but my friends would point out that in compensation even extreme heights don’t bother me.
One pauses to remember the astronauts and civilians who did lose their lives in the conquest of space, and we must never forget their names.
We certainly were aware that lives were directly in our hands. It was demanding and exciting. I wouldn’t exchange those years for any other scenario of fame and riches that one might propose, and my colleagues to the last man and woman feel the same to this day.
It was important to mention above that our navigation duties were performed on the ground using radio tracking data to and from the various spacecraft. Twenty years later I was with a girlfriend going by taxi from our hotel to the airport for a flight back to London. Typical of taxi drivers, especially Greeks, he carried on a conversation in reasonable English, though my partner spoke good Greek and we could have done it that way. Into a pregnant pause that demanded to be filled, my partner happened to mention that I had been in NASA. One thing led to another and we made the mistake of mentioning that I had been involved in navigating Apollo to the moon. The driver was over said moon in a flash, and nothing we said afterward could dissuade him from the misconception that he had an Astronaut in his taxi. The last we saw of him he was running down the long lines of taxis telling this to all of his colleagues. He didn’t bother to come back and collect the fare, and we had to go for our flight. That was the only free taxi ride I have ever had. And I suspect that the driver felt he had received good value for the trip
http://mullerpaulm.com
Books

Suicide Inc.

In this romantic and erotic thriller, imagine that your daughter disappears while under treatment at a psychiatric clinic specializing in suicide counseling and five years later there are suspicions that some patients became fodder for a worldwide conspiracy to kill them in highly secure arenas with the vetted guests enjoying a cannibalistic feast afterward.
Alicia Roberts, successful Los Angeles attorney, takes up the search for her daughter’s fate. The LAPD are on the case with a capable, youthful team that has its own professional and romantic relationships, but she follows a lead to Paris on her own and seduces a member of the “Society of Lost Souls”. He leads her on a wild chase through the city’s leading sex-club to an arena “event”. She has a risky plan that requires his complicity. Will their lustful relationship bind him to her at this cusp? There is only one way to find out and it is odds-on to cost her life.
Club Lighthouse Publishing

Flight of the Marbles

Present Day: The Elgin or Parthenon Marbles are a bigger real-worldnews story today than ever before as a political war brews over their return. Greece wants them and Britain refuses to send them back. Both sides are pouring oil on the fire, so which P-M is going to get burned?
At the age of 43, Helena Katsis quits as a top spy for Greek Intelligence. But her days of intrigue are far from over. She has conceived an audacious plot that might just be the crime of the new millennium: to lift the Parthenon Marbles from the British Museum and fly them home.
Can she expect the Greek Prime Minister to put his neck on the line? Will Helena’s young student-colleagues in London risk theirs? Can she win her ex-lover Spiros’s vital support as Greece’s number one facilitator?
Flying towards Athens past Gibraltar with the Marbles, the British Prime Minister orders the plane to turn back or be shot down (on a secure hotline to the Group Captain using codes at the same level that govern use of nuclear weapons). Greek fighters are on the way. Will there be an unprecedented air war between Greece and Britain? Or is there a final twist in her master plan that can still save the day.
A powerful and delightful mover and shaker with action, romance, and political controversy.” A publisher’s editor’s comment at the Thessaloniki cultural fair, 2004 (First Edition).

Circle of Ouroboros

In this sequel to Flight of the Marbles, the marbles heist team is back in Athens, Adam and Irini have married, and are on their honeymoon in Rome. Adam is to deliver a speech to the Collegio Romano High School about Quantum Computing, the key that opened the doors of the British Museum.
But the British Prime Minister has not forgotten or forgiven: there are warrants out from him for all of them. His British MI5 agents succeed in capturing Irini in Rome and return her to the UK as hostage to justice on a capital charge of double homicide.
They begin with the ‘juice’ at ‘Britmo’–a secret MI5 terrorist prison. The team must do it all over again and it will take all their ingenuity to pull off another heist, this time to bring Irini safely home. Adam isn’t interested in operating under Queen Helena’s control and risks all by returning to the UK under cover with a plan of his own. What husband would do less for a beloved wife of Irini’s beauty and charm? In the Greek tradition, there will undoubtedly be at least one more personal sacrifice on top of all the others before this affair is resolved.

Back