• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

For you guys who want to have an 'experience' but are afraid to do drugs..

jratcliff63367

Skilled Investigator
I thought I might drop this recommendation into the forums. Personally, I'm a big fan of reprogramming the human bio-computer. I feel all experience is valid, well valid at least to myself. But, I also know that most are afraid of 'drugs' and don't share the same perspective that I, Leary, and Wilson do.

Well, I have this recommendation. Many of you may have heard of melatonin. A natural hormone produced in the human body, a hormone that helps regulate sleep and is produced in abundance by babies and, not quite so much by older folks.

Many of you may be aware that it is sold as sleep aid in relatively low dose recommendations.

However, an interesting side effect of melatonin is that it can produce vivid dream states and, in conjunction with a B vitamin (included in most versions of the over the counter pill) helps with dream recall.

If you do a little bit of research you will find that, even though the recommended dosage is quite low, it is perfectly safe in far larger quantities.

And, it just so turns out, that if you take say 15 or 20 pills, rather than the two recommended, there is a strong probability that you will have rich and vivid dreams so powerful that they will haunt you for days and weeks after wards.

In my experience a person quickly builds a tolerance for the effect, so it's not a kind of thing you can do all of the time. And, it is not necessarily guaranteed to produce. Sometimes you might have powerful dreams but no recall, which rather defeats the purpose.

Nevertheless, given that the topic matter of this forum relates to experiencers, and experiences, I thought it worth mentioning. This is a very safe and mild way to try to achieve an exceptional experience.

As one who has never seen a UFO, ghost, or experienced anything particularily paranormal, I have to say that my vivid lucid dreams provide pelnty of entertainment and intrigue to keep me satisfied.

If anyone tries this experiment and has a positive result, I would be interested to hear your story.

Me...I'm feeling drowsy and off to bed......

I just kick myself in the balls and sit on a cactus while reading a syrup bottle. Admittedly, I am drunk when I do it, and many of you will call that a drug, but I consider it a vitamin. I need it to get out of bed..... Booze is only a drug if you aren't an alcoholic. It is nutrition if you are.

Yeah Im going to get some Melatonin soon. Ive tried mugwort for dreams before which didnt work too well (might not have been fresh enough). Also there is a supplement called 5-HTP that is supposed to be the precursor the body needs to help make more serotonin, and taking that gives some crazy dreams.

Melatonin can be ordered online right, from any nutrition product site?

I take Melatonin specifically (and only half a tablet dissolved under the tongue) every night to help me sleep (and would never think of using like a 'drug' )

The best Melatonin is a cheap one made by Schiff. It's called Melatonin Plus. It also has Vitamin B6 (which you need in order for Melatonin to work) and L-Theanine in it. This is a powerful combination that will really relax you and make it MUCH easier to sleep!

i must be getting old..............

all i can say is if you are going to take 15 or 20 pills rather than the recommended dose of 2, on the advice of someone on an online forum...........

at least, at least have one other non taking person in your vicinity who knows what dose you took....

once more because its important.

if you are going to try this at home kids, have someone supervise especially the first time you try something

if you do wind up a gibbering wreck at the local emergency ward, at least there will be someone who knows what you took and how much, it could be the difference...........

you will have rich and vivid dreams so powerful that they will haunt you for days and weeks after wards.

just like the side effects of melatonin overdose which may include,

impediment of human reproduction

and,

• Lethargy
  • Liver problems
  • Eye problems
  • seizures
  • Weakness
  • Disorientation
  • Psychotic thinking or behaviors
  • Confusion
  • Drowsiness
  • Speech problems
  • Dizziness
  • headaches
  • Shakiness

....This is a very safe and mild way to try to achieve an exceptional experience.

This is pretty irresponsible advice to be giving, what's your pharmacology background? I'm sorry but whatever source you rely upon for your information is flawed and highly incomplete.

I hate to be rude but this is just down right dangerous.

I take Melatonin specifically (and only half a tablet dissolved under the tongue) every night to help me sleep (and would never think of using like a 'drug' )
!
I'm quite sure any medicinal compond, herb, tablet, could be classified as a drug

Let me clarify that I would never think of using things like Melatonin like a heavy drug (ie taking 15 to 20 of 'em?!?!):eek:

Let me clarify that I would never think of using things like Melatonin like a heavy drug (ie taking 15 to 20 of 'em?!?!):eek:

Wheres your sense of adventure? :D

Do some research and evaluate the risks. Ratcliffe seems to think its safe.

I heard JFK thought the idea of a casual drive through Dealey Plaza in an open top limo sounded safe as well. 8)

I see your point, but Im sure its fine. Melatonin isnt even classed as drug. Its a supplement that you can get online with no prescription. It really doesnt sound like that big a deal.

Doesnt mean you shouldnt be careful, do research and disrespect it. But its not like hes talking about dropping 10 Oxycontins or anything right.

the "drugs" aspect is relative, one mans meat......

all im saying is this "compound" or chemical has a recommended dose of 2 tablets, as per the OP the recomendation at the upper extreem is 10 times the recommended dose, thats 20 pills instead of two....

all im saying is if you are going to take ten times the recomended dose of any chemical compound, do your homework personally dont take the word of an internet thread, and take precautions ie tell someone what you are taking and if possible have them supervise.

just saying taking ten times (X10) the recomended dose of any compound is something you want to think about very carefully

lifes a risk, crossing the street is a risk its all about harm minimisation. ie look left then right then left again (reverse if your cars drive on the wrong side of the road :D)

not saying Do or Dont...... i realise thats considered impolite in this sandbox, just suggesting that anyone tempted to try it should think about and research the dose personally, and if possible have some insurance in the event you do try it, and there are adverse side effects.

the problem with dosages that invoke the "drugs" aspect, is that people will sometimes hide the experiment from everyone else, and in the case of adverse reactions you dont want to be waiting on a toxicology report before they take medical action, its far safer to have informed someone that your going to be taking a "drug" dose of a compound beforehand

I take melatonin to help me sleep when I drink coffee late in the day or something. My bottle has 3mg tablets, though I need less than half of that to fall asleep. And some people don't feel much with even with the full dose.
When I have taken an entire tablet (instead of breaking it up) seems like I wake up a lot more during the night surprisingly.
The worst thing about melatonin is the drowsiness I feel the next day.
I don't know about superdoses of it though.

I used to take the prescription drug Lunesta occasionally for sleep. Once, after I took some I let my ex boyfriend massage my scalp, specifically around the temples, and I began to hallucinate. I started seeing green, red and golden fireworks...though not visually, more like my imagination was suddenly overrun with these images. Then I fell sound asleep.

Back