• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Food/drink in sasquatch stories?

DrinkinWithSkeletons

Skilled Investigator
Hello all! Longtime lurker, first time poster...

I'm doing a bit of research on the presence of food and drink in sasquatch reports. I haven't found many - the Albert Ostman encounter is one of the few I've run into - but I was wondering if anyone else recalled the use of food or drink in a case involving bigfoot. I know that in Robert Alley's RAINCOAST SASQUATCH he mentions some tribal stories warning about taking food from the Dsonoqua.

Thanks for your help, and I'm glad to be here!

I like this question!
just to clarify when you say "the use of food or drink in a case involving bigfoot" it makes me think of at least three possible scenarios:
(1) Food or Drink consumed before a Bigfoot encounter
(2) Food or Drink consumed during a Bigfoot encounter
(3) Food or Drink offered by or to a Bigfoot during a Bigfoot encounter

which one are you most interested in?

I recently watched a Documentary in which people trying to communicate with a Bigfoot, left Apples tied to a tree, in the belief that the Bigfoot liked eating them and they would attract it to that location.

My personal opinion is that Bigfeet do not need to eat "food" in the traditional sense because they are not "animals" in the conventional sense. However I have heard reports of Yetis killing musk ox with one blow and eating the entire animal with the exception of the bones within minutes.

I like this question!
just to clarify when you say "the use of food or drink in a case involving bigfoot" it makes me think of at least three possible scenarios:
(1) Food or Drink consumed before a Bigfoot encounter
(2) Food or Drink consumed during a Bigfoot encounter
(3) Food or Drink offered by or to a Bigfoot during a Bigfoot encounter

which one are you most interested in?

I recently watched a Documentary in which people trying to communicate with a Bigfoot, left Apples tied to a tree, in the belief that the Bigfoot liked eating them and they would attract it to that location.

My personal opinion is that Bigfeet do not need to eat "food" in the traditional sense because they are not "animals" in the conventional sense. However I have heard reports of Yetis killing musk ox with one blow and eating the entire animal with the exception of the bones within minutes.

Hi there, HAN... I'll copy and paste my reply from the Contactee forum:

"Thanks, this is a great point. And (in reply to your post on the sasquatch thread I have going on over in the Crypto forum), I'm looking specifically at item 3: food offered by an E.T. during an E.T. encounter (same with Bigfoot). I'm fascinated with this notion of food as initiation, or a means of "keeping" someone somewhere—the parallels between that and fairy food, etc."

Having said that, I'm looking for food offered by a Bigfoot (but not these habituation cases where people receive "gifts"). I actually am not sure that there are (m)any cases other than Ostman.

Back