• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Food/drink in contactee and abduction stories?

big fan of pancakes.

I like an abduction with pancakes and or waffles, eggs (over easy), grits, hash browns.
and for Uk peeps I like an abduction with sausages (unpricked) , fried eggs, bubble and squeak , mushrooms, baked beans, fried bread, eggy bread, and buttered toast.

Picture-896.png

"COWHAND EARTHLING, TAKE THIS 'BEST ABDUCTOR OF THE UNIVERSE YEAR 1961 WINNER'S TROPHY' AND GET ME SOME OF YOUR FINEST MILK, CHOCOLATE -LATÉS ARE ON MOI"

Last edited:
Bubble and squeak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bubble and squeak is a traditional British dish made with the shallow-fried leftovervegetables from a roast dinner. The main ingredients are potato and cabbage, but carrots,peas, Brussels sprouts, or any other leftover vegetables can be added. The chopped vegetables (and cold chopped meat if used) are fried in a pan together with mashed potatoes or crushed roast potatoes until the mixture is well-cooked and brown on the sides. The dish is so named because it makes bubbling and squeaking sounds during the cooking process.[1] It is often served with cold meat from the Sunday roast, and pickles or brown sauce, or as an accompaniment to a full English breakfast.

Un-pricked is when your fry up the sausages, the juices remain in the sausage skin , its a bit of a gamble for the cook as they may explode.

Whitley Strieber talks about being given a chalky type liquid to drink at some point in his encounter with the Master of the Key, who may or may not have been an alien, at least according to Whitley, but other than that and the Villas Boas case, I can't seem to remember any other cases involving food, drink and possible ET's. I do recall reading somewhere that these types of cases involving food or drink are much more prevalent in encounters with other types of possible paranormal and spiritual entities, faeries and gnomes being two that come to mind.

Last edited:
I'm fascinated with this notion of food as initiation, or a means of "keeping" someone somewhere—the parallels between that and fairy food, etc.
This is a very interesting idea, and potential parallel to the extended metaphor that is Passport to Magponia, where folklore of the past is UFO folklore this century but aside from the pancake, I can not think of a single other instance of food provision. I mean there's the guy who bit off the alien nipple, and many examples of UFOnauts asking for fresh water, but as Muadib pointed out, aside from Whitley's constructions there are no real examples of what you are looking for that I can think of at all. Any references to such information would most likely be found in either Vallee's writings on case collections (Edit: and definitely in Magonia as i feel like he explored your very question in there) and Clark's UFO Encyclopedia if anywhere.
it's kind of ironic that I find myself getting sucked into this conversation even though I am on record ( in several places ) as stating that despite the fact I'm very open minded and am not hard wired to demand empirical evidence on all things paranormal this is one aspect of the paranormal (alien abduction) that I'm most skeptical about... not sure why though.
Well I think it's high time you fire up the neurons and explain yourself, sir - why the disbelief in AAP?

Last edited:
This is a very interesting idea, and potential parallel to the extended metaphor that is Passport to Magponia, where folklore of the past is UFO folklore this century but aside from the pancake, I can not think of a single other instance of food provision. I mean there's the guy who bit off the alien nipple, and many examples of UFOnauts asking for fresh water, but as Muadib pointed out, aside from Whitley's constructions there are no real examples of what you are looking for that I can think of at all. Any references to such information would most likely be found in either Vallee's writings on case collections and Clark's UFO Encyclopedia if anywhere.

Well I think it's high time you fire up the neurons and explain yourself, sir - why the disbelief in AAP?

I think it's mostly because most all other paranormal events usually occur when one is awake. Most AAP I'm familiar with occur in or awfully close to being in a dream state or are rememberesd after being under hypnotic regression.in both cases the mind is very receptive to outside stimuli and easily fooled. Because i am a very hands on dreamer and remember and record my dreams I have come up with some doozies that upon reading after I wake, makes me think "wow! where did THAT come from?" also i constantly wake up with mysterious scratches and frequently drops of blood on my pillow and no, there are no bedbugs involved. No sign of implants though. I suppose this wouldn't explain such cases as Travis Walton and while i wouldn't deny that it happens at all, I just doubt that it happens anywhere near in the numbers that the stories would otherwise suggest.

Furthermore, regarding implants as I pointed elsewhere. Wouldn't an advanced civilization have come up with the means to introduce an implant that would not be noticed or otherwise cause irritation ? As far as people who allegedly memorize these abductions and or the location of the implants or recall a traumatizing experience why let them Memorize at all ? Why do the greys constantly Forget to pack the anatheisa? (spl)

Last edited:
I think it's mostly because most all other paranormal events usually occur when one is awake. Most AAP I'm familiar with occur in or awfully close to being in a dream state or are rememberesd after being under hypnotic regression.in both cases the mind is very receptive to outside stimuli and easily fooled. Because i am a very hands on dreamer and remember and record my dreams I have come up with some doozies that upon reading after I wake, makes me think "wow! where did THAT come from?" also i constantly wake up with mysterious scratches and frequently drops of blood on my pillow and no, there are no bedbugs involved. No sign of implants though. I suppose this wouldn't explain such cases as Travis Walton and while i wouldn't deny that it happens at all, I just doubt that it happens anywhere near in the numbers that the stories would otherwise suggest.

Furthermore, regarding implants as I pointed elsewhere. Wouldn't an advanced civilization have come up with the means to introduce an implant that would not be noticed or otherwise cause irritation ? As far as people who allegedly memorize these abductions and or the location of the implants or recall a traumatizing experience why let them Memorize at all ? Why do the greys constantly Forget to pack the anatheisa? (spl)

Agreed on all points. It is a liminal experience. Though a great number of abductees, especially the frequent flyers, do report daytime abductions. But I believe that those are also the hypnosis group. The whole implant thing is a giant self-induced & fabricated red herring IMHO. As if a species that is ultra advanced is going to have clunky implants? That stuff only works on The X-Files. That part of UFO culture is such a product of its times.

Regarding strange scratches: do you have a cat (possibly alien - let's face it, cats are weird) that swats at you in the night? Do you play guitar, like at least half the people on the forum, and have long fingernails?

My fingernails are probably a little longer than need be. BUT the curious thing about the blood stains...not very big...on my pillow as far as the (apparent) source is that I have found on several occasions a pin- prick sized scab on one of the inner folds/ridge of my right ear. Always at the same place. I sorta freaked out because I thought some insect may have made a home in my ear but of course that wasn't it. As I said I know it isn't bedbugs because of an unfortunate incident I went through several years ago when a new neighbor moved in next door... did you know bedbugs can travel through the electrical system and invade adjacent rooms.??.... I suppose it could be another insect of some time but it happens just enough to be odd but not a regular thing if that makes sense. What I mean if it is/was some kind of insect it makes a meal of my ear one night then gestates for awhile because it may not reoccur for a few months. And it would appear to be solitary because I've looked all over, no nests of anything. And if it does die off it must only have a singular prodigy.

I think I'll try googling ear stigmata

But back to the thread topic.

My fingernails are probably a little longer than need be. BUT the curious thing about the blood stains...not very big...on my pillow as far as the (apparent) source is that I have found on several occasions a pin- prick sized scab on one of the inner folds/ridge of my right ear. Always at the same place. I sorta freaked out because I thought some insect may have made a home in my ear but of course that wasn't it. As I said I know it isn't bedbugs because of an unfortunate incident I went through several years ago when a new neighbor moved in next door... did you know bedbugs can travel through the electrical system and invade adjacent rooms.??.... I suppose it could be another insect of some time but it happens just enough to be odd but not a regular thing if that makes sense. What I mean if it is/was some kind of insect it makes a meal of my ear one night then gestates for awhile because it may not reoccur for a few months. And it would appear to be solitary because I've looked all over, no nests of anything. And if it does die off it must only have a singular prodigy.

I think I'll try googling ear stigmata

But back to the thread topic.

It could possibly be a small cyst or trapped (ingrowing) hair on your ear, and when you move your head whilst asleep some discharge could be produced when the afflicted area is pressed or rubbed against your pillow and or bedding.

For the reasons stated above, it is the daytime- or "non bedroom" abduction accounts gathered without the use of hypnotic recall that most interest me. I always forget the case name, with the two co-workers who were out fishing while abducted.. were they calvin and or hickson? -when the police hid the audio recorder and left the room expecting the two to have a good laugh or get their story together- but instead the two continued to demonstrate fear and panic still trying to make sense of their experience. I use this as an example, but have heard of many similiar cases (not so many that contain more than one subject) So I believe there is much more going on regarding the APP than sleep disorders. It's too easy to just dismiss the APP using the sleep disorder debunk. While I may not believe the percentage of subjects are as high as Jacobs and Hopkins speculated- and I do believe that many, many people out there are misinterpreting their sleep disorder with actual events.. It does appear that the APP does target some who are going about their daily routine.

Very good example, I'd forgotten about this incident. I believe this is the so called Pascagoula incident ?

I'm also a little intrigued by the Cisco grove case, it was almost like it was an failed abduction attempt by the Three Stooges. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Source: Revista UFO - Portal da Ufologia Brasileira - A mais antiga revista sobre discos voadores do mundo + Bianca 2013 lecture

Brazil 1976 Bianca & Herminio case
They drank a bitter oil like drink when in the spaceship
Bianca wanted to go to the bathroom, but slept and woke up without wanting to go!
According to Bianca there was a bathroom on the ship
At the end they offered a drink who would make them forget everything, but Bianca asked not to drink it, and Karran, the alien, complied
According to Bianca, Karran still does come to visit from time to time on her country place

Interesting case, as mediuns reported to have seen Karran besides Bianca on her public appearances. Therefore Karran can move from one dimension to another.

Not sure if this is of interest but apparently "Utopians" like to eat soup, but I am not sure if they offer it to their "guests":

"Numerous interviewees testified that the Utopians ate very sparingly, most often of a concentrated food that was made into a soup-like mixture. The culture was completely vegetarian with no flesh foods of any kind being consumed."*

*Alien Memories and Dreams

I have read an account in an obscure little book i was once lent but havent been able to find again, and i must disclose these were channeled messages, a subset of the genre i know has some baggage. Having said that i found the book very interesting.
The topic of food came up and the entity described vats of algae, which grew their single food intake, explaining this algae has been engineered to produce every nutrient they needed.

Years later i came across spirulina, which seems to be a reasonable parrallel

Since 1974, the United Nations has strongly supported Spirulina as "as the best food for the future",[45] and established the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition in 2003.[46]
In the late 1980s and early 90s, both NASA (CELSS)[47] and the European Space Agency (MELISSA)[48] proposed Spirulina as one of the primary foods to be cultivated during long-term space missions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirulina_(dietary_supplement)

Spirulina contains rich vegetable protein (60~ 63 %, 3~4 times higher than fish or beef ), multi Vitamins (Vitamin B 12 is 3~4 times higher than animal liver), which is particularly lacking in a vegetarian diet. It contains a wide range of minerals (including Iron, Potassium, Magnesium Sodium, Phosphorus, Calcium etc.), a high volume of Beta- carotene which protects cells (5 time more than carrots, 40 time more than spinach), high volumes of gamma-Linolein acid (which can reduce cholesterol and prevent heart disease). Further, Spirulina contains Phycocyanin which can only be found in Spirulina.
In USA, NASA have chosen to use it for astronauts food in space, and even plan to grow and harvest it in space stations in the near future.

With over 100 nutrients, Spirulina is often described as the most complete food source in the world. The American National Aeronautical and Space Agency includes it in their astronauts diet and plans to grow Spirulina in it’s space station. It’s easy to see why.
Japan has some good examples of some Japanese seniors who have only relied on Spirulina and water for more than 20 years showing how good is Spirulina for the human body.

Im fascinated by the fact that years before the space station was built an alleged alien entity says they eat something similiar, and now we do the very same on our space station

Last edited by a moderator:
Back