• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Flashing white light crosses sky in Seattle

Free episodes:

746f6d

Paranormal Novice
I just saw an unidentified flying object.

Posted to MUFON.

Laying on a blanket in the backyard at dusk (staying cool on a warm evening). Very thin layer of clouds patchy over the sky, some stars show through. Spotted a satellite tracking from northwest to southeast about five minutes before.

Noticed a bright white flash low (20 degrees?) in the sky to the northeast. Some trees in the way. I saw the flash again about 30 seconds later, approximately ten degrees further south from original flash.

Called to my wife, who came outback. We watched it flash about five more times. The intervals between flashes seemed to vary between 30 and 60 seconds, maybe as long as two seconds. The light source appeared to track toward the south east for the duration of the sighting.

After I lost sight of it in the southern sky--blocked by house and trees--I went to the front yard and picked it up again. Several airliners were visible on the southern horizon. Their familiar lighting configurations and strobing patterns were nothing like the flashing object.

I caught two more flashes over a couple of minutes, and then could no longer spot the object.

It was very bright, and appeared both brighter and larger (maybe twice as large) than Jupiter, which is currently visible to the south.

The light, when flashing, was very bright. Almost like someone standing fifty feet away in the dark shining a bright flashlight directly at your face.

Could it have been another satellite, maybe a tumbling piece of space junk reflecting the sun at irregular intervals? Here's a site that has times and tracks for satellites (requires login but it's free):

Heavens-Above Home Page

Back