• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

First Amendment: Freedom of the Press R.I.P.

ward

Paranormal Adept
This isn't usually my cup of tea but i just thought i would share this truly outrageous video of what we are currently living in. See for yourself after the police fire gas at a clearly identifiable news crew they dismantle there equipment and turn the cameras toward the ground.

Those police need to be out of a job, pronto!

Video of Ferguson police gassing news crew and dismantling their equipment

Don't mess with the first Amendment.

Its a tough one, Police have long enjoyed respected witness status in court, A police officers testimony is worth more than a civilians.

Enter an age of video cameras and cell phone cameras often with the evidence being sent directly to the cloud, where it cannot be seized and destroyed.

We are having the same issues here in australia, there is no expectation to privacy under the law in a public place, Police officers may be filmed on duty with the exception where doing so is likely to interfere with their work. This includes filming undercover detectives in civies and for obvious reasons.

But time and time again we see uniformed Police, unhindered by a bystander with a cell phone, threaten arrest if the filming isnt stopped.

To compound this even when Police are taken to court for violating the law in this manner, the fine and or payout is funded by the taxpayer anyway.

There is no incentive for unit commanders to tell their teams to not overstep the mark, not make up laws to suit themselves.

The path of least resistance and or consequence is to continue to demand people not film them even though the law allows them to do so

Good comments Mike, these targeted people are clearly the Press not just wandering rioters, the press is reporting on pivotal developments to our nation.

Right now in the US of A, States have individual laws regarding filming Police, it's pure insanity as the first Amendment is the highest law of the land, the Police can pound sand. If we cannot keep the most fundamental laws that bind this nation together, then there is no nation.

This isn't usually my cup of tea but i just thought i would share this truly outrageous video of what we are currently living in. See for yourself after the police fire gas at a clearly identifiable news crew they dismantle there equipment and turn the cameras toward the ground.

Those police need to be out of a job, pronto!

Video of Ferguson police gassing news crew and dismantling their equipment

Don't mess with the first Amendment.

It seems outrageous alright, but it begs the question, why didn't they also gas the video crew that was videotaping the gassing of the other video crew?

Back