• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Filmmaker James Fox Returns to The Paracast

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Documentary filmmaker James Fox, who produced the UFO documentary "I Know What I Saw" is now one of the three UFO investigators on the National Geographic Channel's "Chasing UFOs" TV series, which debuts on June 29th.

Fox will return to The Paracast in an episode that'll be recorded on June 28th.

I know you'll want to talk to him about his work for the show, and his previous efforts. But, folks, he isn't responsible for the highly-charged publicity campaign for the show, so let's not talk about that, OK?

After all the years of investigating aerial anomalies, what impression, (if any), do you have of what they may represent?

What characteristics and common threads do you feel that aerial anomalies possess?

Have you ever investigated USO's, and if so what may you be able to tell us about them?

Have you ever interviewed witnesses who have claimed to have had paranormal experiences before witnessing an aerial anomaly?

I'd be curious to know what he thinks about the photograph of the triangle UFO from the Belgian UFO wave being a possible hoaxed photo.

Documentary filmmaker James Fox, who produced the UFO documentary "I Know What I Saw" is now one of the three UFO investigators on the National Geographic Channel's "Chasing UFOs" TV series, which debuts on June 29th.

Fox will return to The Paracast in an episode that'll be recorded on June 28th.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing both.

Did he ever have a 'sighting' or other experience connected to the subject himself ? If not, why did he make a documentary-style film about it ?

Have you ever looked at a possible "paranormal" connection in UFO sightings? Judging from the number of "paranormal witness" type TV shows there should be at least as many good UFO witnesses as there are ghost or haunting witnesses, so why not make another film like "I know what I saw" featuring the most credible "paranormal witnesses"? Maybe look for commonalities and differences between the two fields (UFOs and the paranormal). Also, would you consider doing a piece on reincarnation or NDEs? Lots of solid research and credible people talking about it, like you wouldn't believe if you think that's just a religious or esoteric issue (as I did until a few years ago).

The new TV show "Chasing UFOs" appears to be more of the same; revisiting old cases that have already been turned inside out. The following article provides some insight into the show:
chasing ufos « Astrowright

I have a question for James Fox: Why doesn't he investigate, and film, UFO events as they are happening in real time?

I second Muadib's question: how does he feel about the Belgian case and the photo, regarding all the hoax stuff...

Hi, big fan of yourfilm making.

Does the intrinsic nature of the medium or the way in which the finished piece is shown ultimately influence and effect the character of the film or programme? Do financial constraints or commercial considerations ultimately change the film than say it would if it was a self published book? Is there an ideal project that you would like to realise?

thanks

I would like to know your opinion of the 2008 Stephenville, Texas UFO sightings case, including the military's backtracking ten or twelve days later on their initial stand that there were no known flights in that area. Thanks!

Mr. Fox:

There are numerous accounts on record of what appear to be standard military aircraft involved with, or in pursuit of ufos. The Cash-Landrum case is a classic example.

Do you think the jet fighters and helicopters observed as part of these events are genuine terrestrial aircraft, or another aspect of the illusion created by the phenomenon itself?

Excellent questions everybody! We'll get to as many as possible before tomorrow morning's taping.
I like James' work -- he's fairly objective for an aspiring true-believer. I think he was a good choice for this Nat Geo show. As many of you already know, I'm a bit jaded when it comes to Follywood's coverage of paranormal subjects and had little expectations for the show. But, I'm happy to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. I watched the first episode today, and I must say it was quite a bit better than I expected. The trailers are beyond ridiculous, but they don't accurately represent the show's approach. Chasing UFOs appears at the onset to be WAY better than UFO Hunters (thankfully), but time and case selection will be the ultimate litmus test, of course. I like the team they've put together--the three of them are engaging and entertaining. It comes off a bit hokey at times, but you can tell they are all sincere and are approaching the subject in a well-rounded, objective manner... I'm looking forward to the taping session w/ James and further episodes.

As we finish this episode, I have to tell you that James Fox is super serious, and very knowledgeable about UFOs. He honestly expresses the constraints of covering UFOs within the medium of a reality show, and I think, once you hear the interview, you'll view the show in a different light.

Thanks for asking my question guys and you got my name right and origin of it too:) It is indeed from what I feel is the greatest sci-fi book ever written, Frank Herbert's Dune. I thoroughly enjoyed this discussion with James Fox, he definitely made some interesting points. I just wanted to say that I appreciate what you guys are doing with this show and I look forward to hearing more. It's important to have a show on the paranormal representing a more balanced and scientific approach to the phenomenon compared to all the true believer horse crap out there. Bravo, sirs.

Ha, listening to the podcast and I should probably give a lame explanation to my name that I use here. I've used this moniker on the web since probably 2000/2001 so from the first hockey fight site I joined. It is my last name and I created it while the movie "Carlito's Way" and I put a "Z" in the middle not just for the cool (douche) factor, but because at the time I had a Nissan 300ZX. So it is pronounced "Cotton's Way" like the movie. :) Most places I just changed it to just my last name, but haven't done it here.

Back