• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fedor Emelianenko - Baddest Man on the Planet

cottonzway

I was saying boo-urns
Thanks for that post. I do MMA myself and will look forward to checking it out. Dont think anyone is gonna beat brock lesnar though, too much weight behind him. But then hye spent 5 odd years doing steroids all year round in the WWE so I don't even really think its fair he's allowed to fight.

Do steroids last that long in your system? I thought they had a temporary effect; that's why you have to keep taking them.

Brock is scary. And the artlessness of his tattoos makes him even scarier! :eek:

Do steroids last that long in your system? I thought they had a temporary effect; that's why you have to keep taking them.

Brock is scary. And the artlessness of his tattoos makes him even scarier! :eek:

Different ones have different length effects. Usually people take them in cycles of 8 or so weeks to let their bodies recover from the effects but professional wrestlers and bodybuilders generally need to be looking ripped all year round so basically never come off them.
Thats why Brock looked a whole lot more ripped in WWE, whereas now his skin is a little saggy. They need to do a lot more drug testing in the sport really as i'm still fairly sure there's people getting away with it

bodybuilders generally need to be looking ripped all year round so basically never come off them.

No that's not exactly accurate.

First, in bodybuilding parlance, ripped = lean. Although I think the average layman uses it to mean "muscular" But having muscle mass has nothing to do with being lean. Professional strongmen, powerlifters, football linemen etc. often have enormous muscle mass but high body fat levels. They also take a lot of steroids as well.

Would like to point out, most guys compete only a few times per year. The demands on your body of dieting down to 5 percent body fat or less while training heavily is very stressful on the body and that condition cannot be maintained long. It's called "peaking" and most guys can't tolerate it with much frequency. 90 percent of the pics you see in magazines are made within 6 weeks before a contest. For 95 percent of guys, the body cannot hold contest conditioning for more than a few weeks at best. Steroids do not help you get ripped as much as dedicated fat loss drugs (Clenbuterol, Thyroid, DNP etc) but they help you KEEP the muscle you already have while on caloric restriction.

The main reason bodybuilders take anabolics year around (during the off season) has to do with the constant pursuit of more muscle mass. To maintain and grow ever more muscle beyond the body's natural testosterone levels require the body to be bathed in androgens as much as possible. Plus steroids let you recover faster from injury, lubricate sore joints etc. Once you return to normal human androgen levels, eventually your muscle mass is going to return to normal human limits as well..

You didn't say this explicitly, but if you think Brock is the only MMA guy on performance enhancing drugs, or that Fedor has never used them, I have some swampland in Florida for ya :) My guess why Brock looks smaller has to do with the fact that his training is now totally geared towards functional MMA fighting, not visual appearance. Thus he has dropped excess muscle through long and rigerous endurance training. I bet he's still on various drugs though (but perhaps at lower dosages). Any time you have a professional/competitive sport where enhanced muscle mass, strength and recovery is helpful you will find steroids and other drugs widely used despite drug testing. That goes for all major sports and the olympics as well.

As for Fedor vs Brock.. I think it would be a great matchup, but what Fedor gives up in size and power he makes up for in experience and training. Brock is new to the sport (4-1), whereas Fedor is an old pro (30 -1). As has been repeatedly proven in MMA - size and power are not the be all end all of combat. MANY huge guys have been slaughtered by smaller men. A lot of people assume Fedor would doninate Brock since he has such an amazing record, but ANYONE can be beat.

EDIT: Just realized this is way more than most people care to know about the subject, but what the hell.. I'm very familiar with the topic so why not..

All those guys taking all those steroids -- you can bet none of them will be the 'popular' guy at the nudist colony that can still carry two cups of coffee and a dozen donuts with no help. :D

Have no idea what that means.. although steroids generally make you hornier if that's what you are getting at.. Certain compounds like Trenbolone are famous as "relationship breakers" since guys on them get an insatiable desire to hump anything that moves.

Sperm levels drop though, so fathering a child while on can be impossible. Incidentally, weekly testosterone shots have been researched as a male contraceptive.

What i would LOVE to see is Fedor vs Bas Rutten. That truely would be the fight for the title of baddest man on the planet. GO BAS

Fedor is amazing -- but he needs to come to the United States and fight some real competition.
He wants to but he doesn't want to sign an exclusive contract with the UFC that prevents him from fighting in other organizations. Blame Dana White for depriving us the thrill of seeing this genuine bad-ass fight over here. He's defininitely one of my favorite athletes.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

What i would LOVE to see is Fedor vs Bas Rutten. That truely would be the fight for the title of baddest man on the planet. GO BAS

I think he's been retired for some time.. used to see him on several King Of Queens episodes. One episode had a bunch of older UFC guys as well - Randy Couture, Rampage Jackon, Dan Henderson etc.

i think i could kick Fedor's ass.. if he was hog tied and had a bag over his head. :cool:

I'm not to certain how to embed videos?
but that is Mirko Cro Cop owning fedor's brother street fighter style ^_^

You didn't say this explicitly, but if you think Brock is the only MMA guy on performance enhancing drugs, or that Fedor has never used them, I have some swampland in Florida for ya :) My guess why Brock looks smaller has to do with the fact that his training is now totally geared towards functional MMA fighting, not visual appearance.
As for Fedor vs Brock.. I think it would be a great matchup, but what Fedor gives up in size and power he makes up for in experience and training. Brock is new to the sport (4-1), whereas Fedor is an old pro (30 -1). As has been repeatedly proven in MMA - size and power are not the be all end all of combat. MANY huge guys have been slaughtered by smaller men. .

Yeah I know that many still are on it. My BJJ instructor is the UK's Judge for the UFC whenever they are in Europe or the UK and he has told me some stories.
As for Brock, he is already a world class wrestler with more experience in this area than Fedor. This combined with his immense size would give him the edge IMO

Yeah I know that many still are on it. My BJJ instructor is the UK's Judge for the UFC whenever they are in Europe or the UK and he has told me some stories.
As for Brock, he is already a world class wrestler with more experience in this area than Fedor. This combined with his immense size would give him the edge IMO

Anything is possible.. one thing's for sure, if they do meet up it's going to be the biggest hyped and most watched UFC in ages, perhaps ever.

Back