• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 17, 2019 — Stan Gordon with Mark Jackson

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Stan Gordon returned to regale us with more incredible reports of UFOs and strange creatures in and around Pennsylvania. I was joined by special cohost Mark Jackson, The Deep Space Resident.

In After The Paracast this weekend, Randall and I talked briefly about Stan's appearance before moving on to other topics.

After The Paracast is an exclusive feature of The Paracast Plus, which is available only to subscribers.

For more information about our premium service, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Good show. Thanks for filling in Mark. My "special assignment" was providing transportation for a lady friend who was getting laser eye surgery. Someday I'd like more of a Scully & Mulder type special assignment :cool:.

Stan made a good guest. I always enjoy listening to stories about strange phenomena. Thanks for asking my questions too. Some of Stan's stories tend to reinforce the idea that what we're dealing with is active camouflage, particularly the allusion to the Predator ( movie ) alien when a witness was describing an encounter. The other one was the flash of light when the thing ( whatever it was ) was shot.

The idea that much of the phenomena is connected by a common causal factor, especially a high tech alien one, is an idea that is continuing to gain weight in my mind. On the flip side, I suppose there are probably also those who get fed up with the whole paranormal scene, and abandon it on the assumption that the lack of substantial material evidence means it's all bunk. Both views can't be concurrently right. Maybe there's some third option that is equally reasonable? I dunno.

You’ve got it there USI - I think there are many who have now abandoned the ufo/paranormal field probably after many years of interest on and off - maybe returning periodically over the decades to see if there has been any “progress” - invariably there hasn’t...
The idea that no progress has been made hinges on a person's personal definition of "progress", which isn't something that can be accurately applied to the field of the paranormal as a whole. Rather, progress is applicable to different areas e.g. witness reports, public awareness, case analysis, and different kinds of evidence. The only area where arguably, no progress has been made ( that we know of ), is in obtaining scientifically valid material evidence that is part of the phenomena, rather than indirect evidence such as personal experiences or questionable photo/video.

For those who are only interested in scientifically valid material evidence, there isn't anything of interest, so naturally they won't be interested, and their views will be correspondingly narrow. However for those who place value on human experience, there's a wealth of interesting accounts and activities to explore. Personally, I value the whole kit and caboodle. It's as fascinating to me now as it always has been, in part because of the mainstream science related to it e.g. the 'Oumuamua anomaly we've been discussing recently.

Last edited:
Well as I said “horses for horses” there’s doubtless something for everyone - but don’t be naive USI we all know what “progress” truly means in this respect. The other factors you mention are secondary “noise” by comparison. Ok they provide entertainment and occupation/hobbies for many, and may well make more sense in retrospect one day - but I’d wager they’ll never come up with the incontrovertible proof that has been sought for some 70 years now.
"Never" is a very long time, so I'd take the wager if I thought we'd both live long enough to collect. But somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Last edited:
Back