• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Feb 8th - Scott Corrales

Siani

Despiser of religious nuts
Great to see Scott Corrales back on the show. He's one of my favorite guests - he's level-headed, and talks about one of my favorite topics - UFOs in Latin America. I'm really looking forward to this show. :)

After seeing that video of a beam.

Question 1: What is below the object, nuclear site? water?

Question 2: Has this video been scrutinized to determine its authenticity

Corrales is always a wonderful guest. Really looking forward to it...

And Zandroid; Great clip! It almost looks like the objects Col. Halt reported over the weapons storage area of Bentwaters, don't you think?

OK, OK ,we get it. You're fascinated over an apparent beam of light. Sorry, but too much of the same. I'm sure we'll hear something about it in the interview.

Why is anyone interested in a video of Formalhaut being shot by an epileptic camera operator with someone flashing a laser pointer at the star for?

Why is anyone interested in a video of Formalhaut being shot by an epileptic camera operator with someone flashing a laser pointer at the star for?

Because his "source" in Argentina said it was legit.

As much as I like and respect Scott Corrales, I found this little admission a little troubling. I mean, to look at the video, it looks absurd! Not to mention, considering Corrales is a professional, why doesnt he drop David an email (assuming he of course knows that David is an image guy) and ask about it, before putting it on his website?

He was saying that he doesnt judge the stuff, jsut puts it up for others to do. Thats all well and good, but he has to be careful that he doesnt go too far that way. Im sure everyone knows what Im talking about here. (hint: Paola Harris)

He was saying that he doesnt judge the stuff, jsut puts it up for others to do. Thats all well and good, but he has to be careful that he doesnt go too far that way. Im sure everyone knows what Im talking about here. (hint: Paola Harris)

I agree. He seemed to want to distance himself from the video even though he put it up. Doesn't he have a certain responsibility to check it out prior to publishing? If he's not an expert, which he says, then get help. (Hint: DB) He was backsliding there.

Haven't finished with the show, just got to the bit about the video.
I concur with everyone's opinions that this video is no good...
I'm not an image expert, or a physicist, but here's my opinion for what it's worth:

1. I don't think it's a laser. Even a visible light laser by it's definition is coherent and therefore you won't see it unless it is aimed at you, or burns bits of the atmosphere (and you see little "pops" of light as it does so) or something like a smoke machine is used to scatter the light (like at a rave).
  2. It could be some kind of plasma device -- you shoot a laser down to punch a hole through the atmosphere for the plasma to go down. In this regard it would be kind of like lighting... and should make a shock wave just like lightning as the air around the hole rushes in to fill it's place. Nothing's heard. Not a smoking gun, but not supportive either.
  3. I don't think it's a beam of light like from say, a big flashlight. To my knowledge, all non-coherent light exhibits a cone-shaped pattern.
Doesn't mean it couldn't be some mystical dragonball-z ufo energy but it makes no sense to me.

/just my 2c on the video

...or George Noury! I'll listen to an episode with Scott Corrales, but really he just has stories and is probably more of a "Coast to Coast" kind of guest.

I also noticed that on both of the other videos posted on inexplicada's home page the "beam" is exactly vertical. No aliasing whatsoever.
I don't know about you guys but whenever I take video, especially with my cell phone, it's always tilted at at least a couple of degrees away from the vertical.

Another great show, and it struck me that the hosts are very brave , true supernatural superheros, insisting on truth , justice...etc etc :)

I always enjoy hearing Mr Corales on the show and its a pity we dont have other sources like him from other parts of the world as mentioned

the universe truly is stranger than we can imagine

Another great show, and it struck me that the hosts are very brave , true supernatural superheros, insisting on truth , justice...etc etc :)

I always enjoy hearing Mr Corales on the show and its a pity we dont have other sources like him from other parts of the world as mentioned

the universe truly is stranger than we can imagine

Scott is easily one of my favourite guests. Ever notice that he is a really great story teller? When talks about cases he describes them in such a cool way that you cant help but be captivated the whole time.

Hi all, another great show. I really like Mr Corrales, one of the level-headed gang.

I agree with the hosts when they pose the possibility that there's another element influencing our behavior culturally (regarding ufos) besides the respectability factor.

The media talks about non-respectable pop nonsense because it's safe and non-threatening. I think there is something in the paranormal realm that we, as a society, are very afraid of. And one effective way to disregard something frightening is to ridicule it.

In my opinion, and according to my limited personal experience, there is something incomprehensible and legitimately frightening going on behind the curtain. For 99% of society I think a warm blanket of fiction is much more preferable.

Hi all, another great show. I really like Mr Corrales, one of the level-headed gang.

I agree with the hosts when they pose the possibility that there's another element influencing our behavior culturally (regarding ufos) besides the respectability factor.

The media talks about non-respectable pop nonsense because it's safe and non-threatening. I think there is something in the paranormal realm that we, as a society, are very afraid of. And one effective way to disregard something frightening is to ridicule it.

In my opinion, and according to my limited personal experience, there is something incomprehensible and legitimately frightening going on behind the curtain. For 99% of society I think a warm blanket of fiction is much more preferable.

Good points but how is the paranormal scarier than some religious belief's such as sin, hell and an angry God that must be worshiped?

Good points but how is the paranormal scarier than some religious belief's such as sin, hell and an angry God that must be worshiped?

The short answer is this: Sin, hell, and God are presented as known scary things and part of Truth. The paranormal's scary things are inherently unkown--almost by definition, hence scarier. I'm not sure how angry God is, though he certainly seemed to be in the Old Testament. In the New Testament 'we' killed his 'only begotten son' and he didn't do much except darken the sky a little. (I saw the movie so I know.) That was kind of a wimpy reaction. Wouldn't you be pissed if that happened to you? I'd at least have tossed some big rocks at the bad guys. Fuck this 'turn the other cheek' crap. What's up with that? Did God get religion or something?

The only movie I remember seeing, which had great music in it, was Jesus Christ SuperStar. I wasn't even old enough to really get it either. I remember my parents had to ask our priest if it was appropriate for someone my age to see. Where did they go wrong with me they must ask themselves on regular basis.

For all you ex Catholics out there when I was about four or five I thought this saying in mass was... seriously I heard it this way. "Lamb of God who takes away the sense of the world" ...

I personally would find an unknown more appealing than going to hell for everything! Don't get me started.

Back