• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Faked or Too Good to be True

Are clear sharp realistic looking UFO videos too good to be true?

• Total voters
academics aren't going to pay attention unless the data can be replicated fairly easily.

I don't think it will be taken seriously even then sorry to say, I work in academia (teach engineering) and to be honest the old saying that progress happens one funeral at a time is so often the case.

And wow it has been ages since I posted on this forum :-P

I don't think it will be taken seriously even then sorry to say, I work in academia (teach engineering) and to be honest the old saying that progress happens one funeral at a time is so often the case. And wow it has been ages since I posted on this forum :-P
Well glad to see you weren't gone because you were the man of honor at one of the funerals you mention! Sadly I wouldn't be surprised to find your sentiment there to be more true than we'd want to admit. But at least Chris is giving it an honest try. Gotta give him credit for that even if it produces nothing definitive.

Well glad to see you weren't gone because you were the man of honor at one of the funerals you mention! Sadly I wouldn't be surprised to find your sentiment there to be more true than we'd want to admit. But at least Chris is giving it an honest try. Gotta give him credit for that even if it produces nothing definitive.

I read stuff here from time to time, just been far to tied up running a department and teaching .... frankly sick of it to be honest.
The world of academia is stuffy and very resistant to change, having said that there are good things about that as well if you stop to think about it... cuts both ways I guess. The paranormal will never be accepted so no real point in trying to even bother about it, just study and draw what conclusions you can.

I read stuff here from time to time, just been far to tied up running a department and teaching .... frankly sick of it to be honest.
The world of academia is stuffy and very resistant to change, having said that there are good things about that as well if you stop to think about it... cuts both ways I guess. The paranormal will never be accepted so no real point in trying to even bother about it, just study and draw what conclusions you can.
Have you checked out our next guest? He's a professor at Simon Fraser University here in Canada who received a grant to study the cultural aspects of the paranormal. In other interviews with him he expresses the view that academia is changing its attitude toward the paranormal. Your own attitude coming from inside the system is another example. Too bad we couldn't get you on as part of a round table for this one. I imagine you two could talk for a while.

Have you checked out our next guest? He's a professor at Simon Fraser University here in Canada who received a grant to study the cultural aspects of the paranormal. In other interviews with him he expresses the view that academia is changing its attitude toward the paranormal. Your own attitude coming from inside the system is another example. Too bad we couldn't get you on as part of a round table for this one. I imagine you two could talk for a while.

That would have been fun to do, will try and catch up with as many here as I can as I have not had a chat with Googs or Mike in a long time.

That would have been fun to do, will try and catch up with as many here as I can as I have not had a chat with Googs or Mike in a long time.
There's been a few changes . Mike is gone, Chris is gone, and Goggs has dropped off the map. Forums everywhere seem to be drying up. Mike sadly sided with some really negative people against Gene, Chris evolved into a new project of his own that seems promising. I'm not sure about Goggs. I hope he's doing okay, but haven't heard from him, in quite a while.

There's been a few changes . Mike is gone, Chris is gone, and Goggs has dropped off the map. Forums everywhere seem to be drying up. Mike sadly sided with some really negative people against Gene, Chris evolved into a new project of his own that seems promising. I'm not sure about Goggs. I hope he's doing okay, but haven't heard from him, in quite a while.
Hey forgot to mention Randall you were mentioned again on Radio Mysterioso by Red Pill Junkie a couple weeks ago. Said you two have good conversations even though you seem to be a 'nuts and bolts' guy (like me) but he's not.

Having RPJ back on might be fun. Or Bishop. Or both!

Hey forgot to mention Randall you were mentioned again on Radio Mysterioso by Red Pill Junkie a couple weeks ago. Said you two have good conversations even though you seem to be a 'nuts and bolts' guy (like me) but he's not. Having RPJ back on might be fun. Or Bishop. Or both!
Yes, I like both of those guys. Thanks for passing that along. Unbelievable the snow we've had to deal with this week! Glad it's cleared up. Just getting ready now to do an ATP at 5:00pm.

Yes I had - seemingly curious for sure. Again it’s a pity that David Biedny
is no longer on the staff as you’d have an image evaluation expert to hand for technical examination of this and other submissions (see other posting today)

Hmm I will put it through some of my gear and see what I can see frame by frame.... not great as a YouTube mp4 crushes the heck out of an image but basic manipulation will still show.

Well well they have released the raw HD cam footage RAW FOOTAGE of UAP Sighting: Beaver, I think I will DL this and run it through some filters
Let us know what you think or find ( if anything ). My intuition on it is telling me that it just doesn't seem alien enough, particularly the way that the object seems to bank during the turn toward the camera, as if working on aerodynamic principles, or subject to the laws of inertia. In contrast, the most certain accounts of UFOs describe the craft moving independently of those considerations, often making instant high angle, high velocity maneuvers. I'm more inclined to think it was Yves Rossi out for a joyride ;) .

I think it's possible to prove some videos are faked, but unfortunately it's impossible to prove any video is real.
I think you'd need to rely on compelling circumstantial evidence to do so - multiple videos, different angles, eyewitnesses, sensor data, etc.

OK, so you are talking about Jerusalem Dome of the Rock case, with 4 independent videos.

There is lot more on YT, debunking, analysis etc.

A video can't prove anything these days. We have way too much editing power (movies)! You can only hope for a live interview with our gov. talking to an alien. I'm pretty certain that half the world would literally sh. their pants! :D

A video can't prove anything these days. We have way too much editing power (movies)!
Ain't that the truth. About the only thing that would prove alien visitation to the die-hard skeptics is a mothership tour of the alien homeworld, and even then they'd probably claim they were given some sort of hallucinogen or the whole event was an elaborate hoax designed to fool them.

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth. About the only thing that would prove alien visitation to the die-hard skeptics is a mothership tour of the alien homeworld, and even then they'd probably claim they were given some sort of hallucinogen or the whole event was an elaborate hoax designed to fool them.
The lunar mission would be a good example. I'm not so sceptical about it like before because I can tell that even alone you can achieve extraordinary things.

The lunar mission would be a good example. I'm not so sceptical about it like before because I can tell that even alone you can achieve extraordinary things.
One of the things that the Moon Landing Hoax believers often miss is that some of the NASA training exercises, including filming, took place near the Barringer meteor crater, and the old films ended-up stored in cardboard boxes at the abandoned Apollo program facilities after the program ended. Because they were never properly catalogued, it's not surprising that sooner or later footage that looks staged would surface, because essentially, it was staged, but that isn't evidence that nobody went to the Moon. They've just presented evidence out of context ( unknowingly or otherwise ).

Back