• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Facts About the Day the Earth Stood Still

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The 1951 sci-fi film, "The Day the Earth Stood Still" highly influenced the early claims from UFO contactees. The arrival of a tall alien in a silvery uniform, here to warn Earth of the folly of its nuclear weapons development, is also regarded as one of the best of the genre for its time.

Here's plenty of inside information about the making of the film:

So to change the subject slightly last night I watched a time slip movie which I had never watched before called the final countdown.
It Stars the late great Kirk Douglas,and Martin Sheen.
Gene you know I think you should start a second podcast called the science fiction trivia show.

The 1951 sci-fi film, "The Day the Earth Stood Still" highly influenced the early claims from UFO contactees. The arrival of a tall alien in a silvery uniform, here to warn Earth of the folly of its nuclear weapons development, is also regarded as one of the best of the genre for its time.

Here's plenty of inside information about the making of the film:

Absolutely fascinating background to the story.

Back