• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

EVP

M

Mindsky

Anyone ever had success with evp I haven't :'(

I've had amazing success with the ouija board. Ruled out the autonomic response too. Long story, I might type it up in the future.

Hear about Lou Gentile trying to take James Randi's test? Lou says he can get evp recordings at will. So far it seems like a publicity stunt. Randi and Lou are having problems at the moment. Not sure who to believe. Not sure if it's ok to link to the site here, but if you're interested do a search with his name. It would be nice if accepted proof of life after death happened. It would change our world, knowing we aren't just meat machines and we will be with our loved ones again.

Mindsky said:
It would change our world, knowing we aren't just meat machines and we will be with our loved ones again.

I don't think it would really change our world that much. People have believed in life after death for thousands of years and the three most prominent religions teach a life after death doctrine. The idea that we're just meat machines and the denial of the spiritual realm is actually fairly new and I think can probably be traced back to Darwin's theory in how we came to be.

Believing and knowing is different. People who say they believe in life after death still fear death. If it was varified, science would then take it seriously. It would be focused on more. NDEs would have tons more credence. Most NDErs speak of a entirely different God than that in major religions. So much for killing in the name of God for virgins etc. When you change paradigms, the actions of people change. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Much more would change as well. Medical science, parapsychology, even technology. Many people would then try contacting the other side for advice etc. Wonder what Eistein would have to say if we got a hold of him. Much much more.

Yeah, you raise some good points, but I think there's a lot of evidence for some kind of existence after this life, but mainstream science isn't interested in looking at it. I don't know of any serious study in the scientific community being done on ghosts, demons or anything else of that nature and the people who do study that phenomena are usually labeled a wackos.

The world is full of paranormal events that get brushed aside by science. If you look back in the archives there was a Paracast where they talked about spontaneous human combustion. The guest made quite a good case that this is indeed a real, if not rare, event. Science, however, doesn't seem to bother with the evidence and looks for more "practical" explanations.

I'm not always sure that science is really looking for the truth, but rather maintaining the status quo.

Mindsky said:
Believing and knowing is different. People who say they believe in life after death still fear death. If it was varified, science would then take it seriously. It would be focused on more. NDEs would have tons more credence. Most NDErs speak of a entirely different God than that in major religions. So much for killing in the name of God for virgins etc. When you change paradigms, the actions of people change. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Much more would change as well. Medical science, parapsychology, even technology. Many people would then try contacting the other side for advice etc.

I find this fascinating as well. Proof and communication. That would be fun. Puts a whole new slant on "love thy neighbor" when you realize you are stuck with the jerk forever.....

Mindsky said:
Wonder what Einstein would have to say if we got a hold of him. Much much more.

Probably something like: "It was just a young man's practical joke to see if anyone caught it. I thought for sure that Max would figure it out, but when HE even missed the prank, well...it just got WAY out of hand.."

Back