• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

EVP questions for Michael Esposito

Ian

Paranormal Maven
EVP questions for Michael Esposito on 17 October show

In professional sound studios, where the very best audio quality is required, how many times have EVP signals ruined recordings? If not ruined, then at least been picked up by the high quality equipment? If it was going to happen, then this is where it is most likely to be detected - unless cheap recorders have some "innate" qualities for this research that decent equipment lacks.

What measures are taken to prevent radio signals from entering the leads connected to recording equipment during experiments? (Many audio devices can pick up unwanted radio signals to a greater or lesser extent.)

If EVP is also detectable using digital recording equipment (digital from microphone to storage medium that is), surely this may give a clue to its origins - i.e. that it is not an analogue signal of any kind getting into the circuitry.

I hope these questions reach the Paracast team in time - and I expect I and others will have more questions after the show!

Thanks,

Ian

Have you done any EVP work in a Faraday cage? (to eliminate outside radio interference)

I have heard of people doing EVP work on recorders that actually have the microphones removed or disabled. This is theoretically to see that no outside source can leave a message and yet allow "entities" to still record. Have you done this, or heard of it?

Have you ever gotten exact answers to questions, or used technology to carry on some sort of "conversation"?...or is this phenomenon just a random occurrence or a rare phenomenon that has no real ability to be tested in a scientific sense?

Given the ability to fake photography, and sound recordings with modern technology, what can be done to "prove" that any of this is real?

I too, have been wondering if researchers have been trying to cary out a ---conversation--- with one of these ghosts, so we can get some real answers. Instead of what seems like game-playing. From the spirits.

Have you done any EVP work in a Faraday cage? (to eliminate outside radio interference)

I have heard of people doing EVP work on recorders that actually have the microphones removed or disabled. This is theoretically to see that no outside source can leave a message and yet allow "entities" to still record. Have you done this, or heard of it?

Have you ever gotten exact answers to questions, or used technology to carry on some sort of "conversation"?...or is this phenomenon just a random occurrence or a rare phenomenon that has no real ability to be tested in a scientific sense?

Given the ability to fake photography, and sound recordings with modern technology, what can be done to "prove" that any of this is real?

Ha ... I've been saying this on the paracast forums for years dontchya know!!! :D Faraday Cage ... Faraday Cage ... Faraday Cage ... Faraday Cage. Still have not had an answer about that one. David Rountree who was on another podcast recently has no mention of Faraday Cages on his website except for a small mention in two pdfs. I have no idea still whether anyone has done any EVP work with Faraday Cages. In my mind its a no-brainer, and a FC should be used with every single EVP research subject (ahh that doesn't make any sense but I'm on a rant ... hehe).

Haven't read the rest of this thread yet so maybe someone has already answered this question but if they haven't ... well come on people ... answer the flamin' question :D

[umm just looked again at the thread and where I thought it said "3 pages" ... turned out to be "3 posts" ... so this thread hasn't taken off yet. Still ... answer the flamin question, someone please :D. Has anyone done any work with Faraday Cages???]

EVP questions for Michael Esposito on 17 October show

In professional sound studios, where the very best audio quality is required, how many times have EVP signals ruined recordings? If not ruined, then at least been picked up by the high quality equipment? If it was going to happen, then this is where it is most likely to be detected - unless cheap recorders have some "innate" qualities for this research that decent equipment lacks.

What measures are taken to prevent radio signals from entering the leads connected to recording equipment during experiments? (Many audio devices can pick up unwanted radio signals to a greater or lesser extent.)

If EVP is also detectable using digital recording equipment (digital from microphone to storage medium that is), surely this may give a clue to its origins - i.e. that it is not an analogue signal of any kind getting into the circuitry.

I hope these questions reach the Paracast team in time - and I expect I and others will have more questions after the show!

Thanks,

Ian
Hello Ian I just wanted to touch a bit more on your post. Interesting question. Yes there have been some reported captures at studio level. However, most accidental captures have been during field recording (the main difference is that the source isn't a finite signal from a particula source for a perticular period of time. Whether is being female backing vocals, blazing guitar or Spector's wall of sound, there is really little room to capture anykind of anomaly that wouldn't simply be filtered out unnoticed. In feild recording the source is the environment and the duration is unlimited.) I do not think it is the quality of the equipment but the purpose.

As far as radio wave: Radio wave is less of a problem these days emergency band and other short wave would possibly be better. Of course, lol few emergency band transmissions say thing like "I Died Here" . I will say that I haven't had any problems with either. High wire transmissions and cell fone towers have been more of an issue and neither disruption result in vocal bleed through. In fact I really need to do more research on these new environmental pollutants.

Thank you for the questions!

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Ha ... I've been saying this on the paracast forums for years dontchya know!!! :D Faraday Cage ... Faraday Cage ... Faraday Cage ... Faraday Cage. Still have not had an answer about that one. David Rountree who was on another podcast recently has no mention of Faraday Cages on his website except for a small mention in two pdfs. I have no idea still whether anyone has done any EVP work with Faraday Cages. In my mind its a no-brainer, and a FC should be used with every single EVP research subject (ahh that doesn't make any sense but I'm on a rant ... hehe).

Haven't read the rest of this thread yet so maybe someone has already answered this question but if they haven't ... well come on people ... answer the flamin' question :D

[umm just looked again at the thread and where I thought it said "3 pages" ... turned out to be "3 posts" ... so this thread hasn't taken off yet. Still ... answer the flamin question, someone please :D. Has anyone done any work with Faraday Cages???]

Sorry I missed this one! Hello! The most famous tests with a Faraday Cage was the PYE experiments with Raudive. They are detailed ad nausium in Raudive's 1971 book "Breakthrough" Original first editions are still available from Colin Smythe Publishing in Londay and the 7" that came with it! I have conducted experiments akin to the Faraday cage by burying recorders in mason jars underground. You have to realize that the electromagnetic environment is nowhere near where it was 5 or 10 years ago. Radio Waves are lucky enough to even get through compared to emergency, cell tower, micro wave etc. Hell we have enough noise and frequency pollution that the fact our heads dont just explode simply amazes me! LOL

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

I too, have been wondering if researchers have been trying to cary out a ---conversation--- with one of these ghosts, so we can get some real answers. Instead of what seems like game-playing. From the spirits.

hello Saucerwench! Yes. One of the continuing experiments I have been working is recording mediums and psychics who claim to speak to the dead. One famous coversational on a long term basis) is the infamous meeks - Oneil Spiricom device recordings. Purportedly a dead electrical science physicist "came over" from the other side to help them build a device to communicate with the dead. They calls these entities who offer suggestions for research "Technitions from the Other Side" I am skeptical of course but odd reports have even came out of the Vatican. I remian reserved and continue to simply collect data the best I can.

Back