• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Enough Ignorance, Thankyou.

Jeff, that post reads to me like humor. I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously. People look up to you, and don't want you to fall from grace, ya head bangin', heavy metal mutant monkey.

Am I joking? Do I make you laugh?

:cool:

dB

As I said, if it's a joke, I apologize in advance. It's hard to get inflections online and all that. I'm just sayin'.

Jeff, of course, my comments were a joke. People take themselves so seriously around here. I apologize that I pushed a button that I did not know even existed. For me, I suppose I tend to assume a level of familiarity with a "celebrity" because I've heard you on the Paracast, the CoC, and your new podcasts. That can create a sense of connection that is pure fantasy on my part, since you obviously do not know me. However, your rebuke on what was meant to be just a joke was startling. :frown:

I'm just finding that this happens to me a lot here, and has never happened to me in any other forum. Perhaps I just need to use those inane smiley faces more. That's probably true.

But a recent example is that I admitted to being bi-sexual (Hey, I thought we were all adults here) and would sacrifice my body in order to get the Truth from Steven Greer for everyone here and the Paracast. I jokingly said I'd infiltrate his CSETI star gazers some night, trip Greer in a dark spot and "take it from there". :rolleyes: I'd get the truth out of him via pillow talk, if need be!

My God! People were going 'ewwwwwww', like teenage girls thinking about something unpleasant. :eek:

I sighed deeply, and had to make a public announcement that I was joking. No, I am not going to infiltrate Greer's star gazing nut club some night and I am not going to "give him one" (as the Brits might say). I also found it funny that so many folks here could not tolerate the concept of 2 men sexually involved, but these same folks have such a deep abiding interest in the paranormal, aliens, et al. Anyone ever hear of sucubus and incubus, for example? 'ewwwwwwww', I don't want to hear about that. :mad:

In that sense, this seems like a C2C mainstream crowd in some respects (e.g., "I like to be entertained and informed about aliens, but don't in any way disturb my middle class values"). I think if most folks here had seen an alien (as I did as a 5 year old, peering at me through a screen door) they'd immediately poop in their pants, start praying to a deity and trying to hide under a bed. Good luck to your precious middle class sensitivities when the little Grey parasites show up. I've been naked in what I assume is a ship with a lot of other naked humans. I've seen a man about 40 being told to have sex with a 13 year old girl while they watched. The girl was terrified and the man was mortified, but did as they were told. 'eeewwwwwwwwwww', I don't want to know about that.

Well, whatever.....by the way, I am Chandler on your podcast comments section. Unlike Fastwalker, Chandler is my family name.

Jeff, of course, my comments were a joke. People take themselves so seriously around here. I apologize that I pushed a button that I did not know even existed. For me, I suppose I tend to assume a level of familiarity with a "celebrity" because I've heard you on the Paracast, the CoC, and your new podcasts. That can create a sense of connection that is pure fantasy on my part, since you obviously do not know me. However, your rebuke on what was meant to be just a joke was startling. :frown:

Well had I known it to be you, I'd have known it was a joke. I didn't, and it certainly didn't read that way to me. My fault as well, as you're unaware of my past experiences with UFO groups online, and why I get nasty over certain words, joking or not.

Best I just stay out of here for awhile. Cya.

Jeff, Please don't go. Everyone looks forward to your observations. You are the REAL deal. I personally will be more sensitive, knowing that my coping mechanism (which entails humor about things that I may take intensely seriously and fear) is considered inappropriate, if not rude and bizarre by others. I call it my old "hawkeye pierce" (MASH TV show reference) coping strategy. Either I can scream or I can cut a situation down to size via humor. Sorry it didn't come off, but stay.

P.S. I am really sick of looking at my own mug each time I post as my avatar, so I surfed the web and found something from classic sci-fi TV that reflects my true attitude toward ufo's and the abduction experience. I call it "RUN!"

If this is a joke, ok, if not, don't insult me by ever suggesting such shit again. All I said was that his first couple of books related things that one couldn't know unless they'd had the experience. Whats happened since then, I don't know. I don't pay much mind anymore to be honest about it.

Where the fuck ya get the idea that I'm going to go off and make money from this is a little absurd. I've been here 20 years in the trench and never have, and don't plan to ever start.

I'm sorry but I am EXTREMELY touchy about this sort of suggestion. I have a lot more self-respect and respect for this subject then to whore it out, or myself.

But, don't expect me not to speak my mind because it may not agree with your preconceived notions or sensibilities. I'm highly critical of my own stuff, and I'm even more so with others.

Again, I apologize for the tone, and I realize your ultimate concern. But, it's completely unwarranted...I'd have gone insane long before now.

What I find funny, is that if someone were to offer you a truckload of money to do what you're doing, I seriously doubt you'd turn it down. Everyone wants to make money at what they do, it's simply human nature, and nobody should fault you for doing it, should that day come.

I know that if I could profit from whatever I could, I would so long as nobody was going to get hurt in the process. There are always going to be days when your basic human needs will over ride your overwhelming need to be true to your beliefs. Bills got to be paid some how. Write a book, just like everyone else, and make money. I say go for it. If you've got an interesting story to tell, tell it, and laugh all the way to the bank.

My complaint about the people who do this sort of thing, isn't because they're profiting. My complaint about people writing books or selling Videos, is that 99.999 percent of the time, the people in question are full of shit, and are nothing more than con artists. I've gotten to know how a couple of these frauds actually play their game.

You strike me as a guy who is genuine. Even though I wouldn't buy your book, I wouldn't give you any crap for it. Go ahead and profit, but whatever you do, don't start a cult like Whitley Strieber did.

P.S. I am really sick of looking at my own mug each time I post as my avatar

Well, the old avatar was of a semi-famous straight model/actor with the last name of Dapper, not a bisexual guy with the last name of Chandler as you describe yourself. It doesn't really matter, on the internet you can be whoever you want to be.
I might not be a guy from Houston as I claim. I might be a 230lb middle-aged divorced woman from Peoria who's into quilts, chocolate and chihuahuas. You never know.

I hear Jeff is writing a book. This going to be published, or a net freebie?
That's a good question. We can ask him over on his board if he isn't reading here. I had assumed it was to be published as a paperback.

This is one f-ed up thread. Turns out fastwalker isn't even who he claimed to be, so it's interesting to read any of his posts in that light.

But then there's Tommy Allyson with his "You'd do it for the money" line. This really irks me, but maybe it's because I'm misunderstanding what you mean. Are you saying Jeff/anyone would sell out for the right amount of cash or to make ends meet? And if you are saying that, do you not find a difference between selling an autobiography and sensationalism? Is writing a book selling out?

For those who believe everything should be free, where did you get your information from before the internet? When did you start equating selling stuff with lying?

Me, personally, I don't go by the selling of a book/movie. I go by the content, the price, and the side projects. Like if Greer only made DVDs of his CSETI UFOs, and said, "I don't know what these are...you decide," that would be one thing. But then selling meditation CDs and a mythology involving 57 alien races in a galactic federation where he's the "humble" star?...not so much.

Selling a trip to the woods for $800? No thanks.

Why are artists and athletes allowed to make money off their "recreational" talents but not us? Why can various ethnic writers write book-of-the-month club autobiographies about what it's like growing up them in a white culture but Jeff can't write what it's like growing up "paranormal" in a normal culture without even the very people who believe such things becoming just a little suspicious?

Is it just that we've been burned so many times everyone's a suspect now? Or is there an equation of "profit = bullshit?"

I don't have any problem with people selling books about their experiences. I would rather read a book than stare at a computer e-book personally.

There will always be the people who are just trying to make a buck and are full of bull shit. I have read a few myself. That doesn't stop me from reading more books. I like reading about people's personal experiences.

I don't have any problem with people selling books about their experiences. I would rather read a book than stare at a computer e-book personally.

There will always be the people who are just trying to make a buck and are full of bull shit. I have read a few myself. That doesn't stop me from reading more books. I like reading about people's personal experiences.

Writing books and selling books -- I have no objection to that. Nor do I object to going out and lecturing and getting paid for the effort. It's all about the quality of the work, and if the party involved is looking for the cash and not to tell the truth about all this, that's where we have concerns.

Well, the old avatar was of a semi-famous straight model/actor with the last name of Dapper, not a bisexual guy with the last name of Chandler as you describe yourself. It doesn't really matter, on the internet you can be whoever you want to be.
I might not be a guy from Houston as I claim. I might be a 230lb middle-aged divorced woman from Peoria who's into quilts, chocolate and chihuahuas. You never know.

That's a good question. We can ask him over on his board if he isn't reading here. I had assumed it was to be published as a paperback.

I wondered the same thing about Fast. He left btw.

I didn't know Jeff had a forum. good to know.

Shamanic illness

"Shamanic illness, also called shamanistic inititatory crisis, is a psycho-spiritual crisis, usually involuntary, or a rite of passage, observed among those becoming shamans. The episode often marks the beginning of a time-limited episode of confusion or disturbing behavior where the shamanic initiate might sing or dance in an unconventional fashion, or have an experience of being "disturbed by spirits". The symptoms are usually not considered to be signs of mental illness by interpreters in the shamanic culture; rather, they are interpreted as introductory signposts for the individual who is meant to take the office of shaman (Lukoff et.al, 1992). Similarities of some shamanic illness symptoms to the kundalini process have been often noted . The significant role of initiatory illnesses in the calling of a shaman can be found in the detailed case history of Chuonnasuan, the last master shaman among the Tungus peoples in Northeast China." Wikipedia.com

Sorry for digging up this thread, it popped up when I searched the AI book, and I found it worth responding.

In my personal view this is what happened to strieber:

He used to be a talented and successful SciFi writer (and should have stayed one).
Somewhere in 1985 or so he had a serious writing blockade.
In that period the abduction phenomenon was kinda new and fascinating. He collected some known and many not so well known (but still available if you knew where to look) facts about the phenomenon and wrote Communion and Transformation around them.
Then he collected info on Roswell and wrote Majestic.
While Communion was very successful, the other 2 were not so much, he had financial problems, lost his cabin, and from there on jumped the UFO industry bandwagon.
Around the time he wrote The Path and The Key (Prophecy for profanity.....now i have absolutely no problem with publishing books for money, but If i had info that WAS ABSOLUTELY VITAL TO THE SPRITUAL EVOLUTION OF THE HUMAN SPECIES (Whittys own words) I wold ensure it gets to everyone for free)....where was I ... ah yeah...:)
Around the time he wrote "The PATH" and "The Key" he totally lost grip on reality and teamed up with "media entrepeneur" LMH, to make even more money of gullible folks, and at the same time developed some seriously deluded esoteric beliefs.
Around the time the notorious drones surfaced, he totally lost it and started meditating about crop circle designs (most of which, especially the complex modern ones are IMHO nothing but HUMAN ART) because they use the same "Magically self executing" symbols as the drones...ah yeah....

Do I believe Whittyboy ever saw, or was abducted by, aliens and got the now famous anal probe? Certainly not.

Do I believe there are aliens out there administering anal probes to unlucky individuals? Most likely.

Do I believe Whittyboy has lost his wits? Absolutely!

Oh and please don't forget to join our wonderful subscribers section...

Back