• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Encounters With Star People: Questions for Ardy Sixkiller Clarke

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Ardy Sixkiller Clarke, author of "Encounters with Star People," is "a noted American Indian researcher [who] offers up a collection of intimate narratives of encounters between contemporary American Indians and the Star People. The first-person accounts, described as conscious experiences and recalled without hypnosis, reveal a worldview that unquestionably accepts the reality of the Star People."

Dr. Ardy Sixkiller Clarke is a professor Emeritus at Montana State University. She is the author of several books and has dedicated her life to working w/ indigenous populations.

"This book significantly contributes to the knowledge about UFOs from a group that until know have mostly remained silent.

Please post your questions here!!!

My question would be are "the Moon People" and "the Star People" the same people?

I once heard a story about the moon people visiting earth presented on APTN (aboriginal people's television network) a Canadian national network that deals with aboriginal culture but I can't find another reference to the moon people anywhere else. If I recall correctly the moon people are wary of their "earth brothers" but they had befriended a young man at one point in spite of their misgivings and I think gifted him with a bow as well. Those are the details I remember of the story.

Having just today finished her book, I am interested in a few things:

At various points in the book Dr. Clarke, along with several of the interviewees, mention that these Star people previously left messages, but no longer continue to do so. What are some examples of these messages?

The book seems to lean more toward blind belief than to one of validity through proof. Dr. Vallee might see this as a group of people ripe for the manipulating. Understanding that the stories of Star People visiting certain groups of American Indians has predated some of the more modern theories of long cons, what is the author's opinion for the possibility that a message of deception is directed towards these tribes?

I have lots more questions, but my wife has that venomous look to her eye...my cue to scadoo!

PS When will the recording be made, Chris?

I saw robert morning sky when he was down under in the 90's

Star Warriors - The Hopis and the Greys

Fascinating stuff, looking forward to this

I don't mean to sound dismissive but there is some seriously hilarious stuff in that article you linked to. This one is by far the best though:

The greys decided to stay on earth and needed acceptance, so they hired an advertising agency to come up with some good ideas - hence - My favorite Martian, ALF, Star Trek, Star wars, Alien Nation and ET.
So the greys were responsible for ALF? I always knew there was something diabolical about that damn puppet! :D

I don't mean to sound dismissive but there is some seriously hilarious stuff in that article you linked to. This one is by far the best though:

So the greys were responsible for ALF? I always knew there was something diabolical about that damn puppet! :D

To be honest he does seem to have gone a bit nuts , his talks down here in the 90's didnt have any overly crazy stuff like that

Again, whatever you have time for. Thanks!

1. How far east has your work with American tribes taken you? Do you have any stories from the Delaware Nation or affiliated tribes?

2. Are there significant differences between tribes in the way they deal with UFOs and related phenomena?

3. Do the topic of thunderbirds or skinwalkers ever come up in the stories you have heard? Do any of the UFO sightings correlate with cryptid sightings, or with other anomalies?

4. Among many people in the U.S., discussion of UFOs is often met with derision and mockery. What has been the attitude of people in the tribes you know regarding the acceptability of discussing the topic? Do you encounter the same stigma as in non-Indian U.S. culture?

What UAP sightings has Dr. Clarke experienced? It is mentioned in the book that she witnessed a UAP over the funeral of an interviewee--more on this?

Is there a way to separate the "good" and "evil" aliens that those interviewed described? It seemed that the traditional gray alien (large eyes, frail in appearance bodies) were involved in the more nefarious abductions/interactions, whereas the more human in appearance were closer to the American Indian belief in ancestors from the stars.

What would Dr. Clarke say to those that (will) say it is more than a little convenient to have zero verifiable information?

Can Dr. Clarke give us a few examples of stories that were too far-fetched, or interviewees deemed too untrustworthy to include in the book?

Hello, I'm a newbie to the both your site and show. With that said, I am currently reading Dr. Clarke's book. Although new to your show, Star People and topics of this nature have been a lifelong interest of mine.

My question to her: In the book, chapter 21 ("Two Women Speak Their Minds"), Talie informs you, "I was told there were four violent species in the universe. Humans were one of them" Did you ever hear of who the other three violent species were? I realize Talie is now deceased however, was this information (about the four violent species in our universe) ever revealed to you throughout your interviews that lead to publication of this book? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Would like to comment that this is a gem of a book regarding this subject matter. The stories are written (and relayed) in such a way that frankly validates the belief of the encounters and has a genuine since of sincerity on behalf of the people interviewed. Will have to say, I will never, ever look at a marble the same way!

For those of you who have yet to read the book, I'm referring to a rather charming encounter including in one of the chapters. I highly recommend any interested in furthering their perspective on extraterrestrials and visitations to read this fascinating account. The American Indian outlook pertaining to extraterrestrials is rich in detail. Well worth your time!

Corrections:

*newbie to BOTH your site and show.*
*genuine SENSE of sincerity*
*charming encounter INCLUDED in one*

I am more of a writer than an editor...apologies for the above.

What would Dr. Clarke say to those that (will) say it is more than a little convenient to have zero verifiable information?

Can Dr. Clarke give us a few examples of stories that were too far-fetched, or interviewees deemed too untrustworthy to include in the book?
Right, my questions would revolve around the same issues.

- If she's an academic, I imagine she's been schooled in how to present a solid argument based on scholarly research methods. In her opinion, when it comes to paranormal topics, is it ok to suspend disbelief and forego academic methods?
- Would the 'star-people' be interested in revealing themselves publically, or perhaps leave behind objects behind which might convince sceptics of their existence?
- How can we cull facts from oral history and perhaps spiritual traditions? Or is it pointless to talk about facts, is it necessarily a matter of belief and intuition, or something else?
- When it comes to spiritual matters, is it perhaps wrong to understand the stories literally? E.g. when it comes to the so-called Lizard people, are we really supposed to understand that literally, or as spiritual archetypes ala in Jungian psychology?
- How does she feel about David Icke and his lizards? Are they the same lizards that she talks about?

The book was amazing and I can't wait to hear this show! I've been reading indiginous peoples oral histories for some time now and this book has helped answer some of my questions, so thank you.

My question would be, "Is there any special timing related to your publishing this book now, for example the year 2012 just passing or current events happening now?"

Back