• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Eerie Radio - Like or Dislike?

Free episodes:

digigeek

Pompetus of Love
I listen to Eerie Radio regularly, but ofen find it really, really frustrating to listen to.

1) It's a fun enough show and the topics are often interesting.

2) Eerie Radio is an embarrassing nerd-fest of teenage boy-geek humor. I would never let anyone catch me listening at work. And I work with nothing but UBER geeks and nerds. Eerie would even seem awkward to them.

3) They either get things completely wrong too often, or completely miss the obvious.

- Small example of #3. I was listening just now and toward the end they started giggling and blabbering about Bigfoot. One of them wondered how Bigfoot could possibly have the "man boobs" so often shown in film and hoax - completely neglecting the fact that it could be a FEMALE. Yeah, no big deal, but it ticks me off when people miss obvious things like that.

4) The INCESSANT use of old BBS style Handles when referring to each other and everyone from their site. "Hey man, that teknoGhost is a really cool guy, man..." If he is ON THE SHOW, speaking to you then use the real name.

Alright. I have vented.

So, how do you feel about Eerie Radio?

* I'll still listen, heck, I like to be annoyed by TV and things. :D

You bring up some very good points. I don't think I could possibly agree more with point two. To me this show just screams, "We're recording in mom's basement."

I've heard worse, but I wish they'd stay on track, instead of blabbering on as much as they do about unrelated things. I'd prefer them to spend more time talking to their guests, and less time yapping amongst themselves. The nerdiness is a tad annoying, especially to an old forty-something like me ;).

I live in Indianapolis, and even know some people that know them, but I don't listen as often as I could. Sometimes they have some good guests, though. As far as I'm concerned, I think they are all right, but I haven't listened to them since the Jeff Ritzmann interview.

The show is too long, probably because of the distractions, giggles, back and forth talk, etc. The show is also sort of typical of the younger, entertain me, Myspace/Facebook, fun, buddy-buddy, lightly cover a topic genre, if that makes sense. I do listen from time to time.

But it is what it is: Their show. This is what they want to do. I don't see the hardball questions. It's not their thing. Thats fine. There have been a lot of different shows that I've wanted, in fact have, screamed at while listening to. Eerie is better than most, not saying this a big accomplishment. They are having fun, doing what they like, and doing it the way they want to. Can't really criticize them for that.

It is a young show and perhaps it will get better. And to top it off they welcome comments and I'm sure they would read them and maybe respond. I'd send the same thing over to them, although they have probably read it because one of them is a member here.

There's certainly a lot of potential there, and they do a lot better than quite a few paranormal shows I've come across. At least they're not obsessed with angels :D. As I said earlier, they could do better, but they could also do a heck of a lot worse. And at least they're out there, making the effort. If they trimmed the show, and stayed more on-topic, it would tighten things up and make for a better show.

It took me a while to get used to Eerie Radio's style, especially where the banter is concerned. I have listened to enough podcasts, other than Eerie or Paracast to see that each one is unique and to me its much like getting used to a new person and their personality. I don't mind the banter anymore and if it were to go away it would be not be Eerie Radio anymore, it would be something else, if that makes any sense.

Digi, the handles, come from all the members who participate in their forums, much like we do here.

Catie posted info on Eerie in one of the previous threads... and since then I'm hooked. Thay are different, kind of love'em or hate'em. I love them... even the banter.

A lot of these shows try too hard to be cute and often fail miserably. It's as if they think they're primarily doing a comedy show not a paranormal one.

I only have one comment.. and that's about the bigfoot thing. We knew it could be 'female' but bigfoot manboobs is just way more funnier. lmao! Ahhh... carry on. :)

I listened to the episode they interviewed David. To me they seem to just cover the exact same material that Paracast does - with the same guests too. Not really much point listening to 2 weekly podcasts that are essentially identical in content.

The show that irritates me the most right now is Ghostology! Sheesh! Giggles and beer jokes. What makes it worse is they are not kids. Married couple with a teenager and a newborn (at least by now I guess,cause I haven't listened for some time.) Good topics and if they would at least try to do a good show I think they could.

I've listened to about a dozen Eerie Radio's and at least half the podcast is inane chit chat or sub par humor about the female hosts "box".

I like the range of topics that they cover, I just wish they would give the topics a bit more respect and be a bit more serious with some of the guests. Ask harder questions and don't take everything the guest says as "gospel". I have heard a few guests drop some whoppers and the hosts give little more than a moments pause (probably to roll their eyes)...before they deliver the next question.

I like the news segment-gives a fun listing of some paranormal world news.

I like the paranormal post-gives listeners a chance to vent or praise, or to wisecrack.

Have as much fun as you like, but keep the interview on point and challenging.

I consider them friends of mine, been on board with them for awhile now. Some of the banter gets a little nervy and some of the rants go on for ever, but all in all I think they do a good job, and they strive to keep improving. I like them because they are up front about "not be experts", it's alot like a bunch of drinking buddies getting together and yapping about the paranormal. The new addition of Rob to panel has taken the show to a new level. Rob is a very intelligent voice of reason, the new panel show promise.

~A

I think EERIE radio is good. The sound quality Is spot on and they have Interesting guests on and Its Free.

I would me more Inclined to be critical If I hosted my own Podcast or had to pay.

Ill tell ya one thing that Eerie radio has going for it over the Paracast: It doesnt have ads! My god the ads on the Paracast shit me to no end. I understand the need to subsidise costs with some advertising but surely one of the advantages of an Internet based 'radio' show is you dont need to live by the same strigent rules of regular radio?

I really didn't like them when I first started listening but they grow on you. I agree with some other posts but all in all enjoy the show and I can use more than the paracast as much as i enjoy that . I work alone and listen all day and it helps having it in my ipod

g

You can always skip past the bits you don't like, but what cannot be adjusted is the uneven volume of the different participants. The guest is often at a completely different decibel level than anyone on the panel, and even they all have different sound levels from each other. That makes it very difficult to listen and understand what is being said. But I persevere, and keep trying, because I do like at least half of every podcast they post.
And, if I had a podcast out there, I wonder if it would be less hassle to not have a forum or a "contact us" link....:p

Back