• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Easily The Worse Take Out Venue Is....

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
Precisely what the title suggests. What in your mind is beyond a doubt the most disgusting branch of take out? Is it Macdonalds, Burger King, Subway, KFC, all of the above?

Whatever branch induces nausea at the mere thought of inserting such delights into the mouth should be posted here.

Go for gold.

Goody.

I'd have to say Jack-In-The-Box. Any fast food establishment that has the gall to try to serve so many cuisines at the speed of sound has to be cutting corners somewhere... and those shortcuts tend to carve a treacherous trail through one's alimentary canal.

Thanks for the thread, G.

-todd.

Jack In The Box....A box full of surprises, suggests to me something very kinky is going down behind closed doors indeed Tommy.

& thankyou, you're welcome :).

Goody.

White Castle. Those little slabs of dead aardvark, we used to call 'em Belly Bombers. Truly heinous poison, makes Wendy's seem like fine cuisine. Of course, after spending the last few weeks in Argentina, ALL U.S. beef tastes like clay.

I really hate a lot of fast food, but my weakness lies in fried chicken. Not really KFC, but Popeyes. I have not eaten at a McDonalds in about 8 years. It's shit on a bun. Disgusting. I also can eat some Taco Bell even though it if is Grade Z meat I'm sure and also the Wendy's "Baconator" that is sure to kill everyone who eats it. White Castle is more like the food that "Lunch Lady Doris" from The Simpsons would serve to kids. I ate that once and wished I had a time machine to go back and make a better decision. Arby's Market Fresh sandwichs are good. Most fast food though is disgusting, processed food that should be avoided like the plague.

It's closed now but does anyone remember a little chain from the 70's called, "Sambo's?" I mean WOW.

David Biedny said:
White Castle. Those little slabs of dead aardvark, we used to call 'em Belly Bombers. Truly heinous poison, makes Wendy's seem like fine cuisine. Of course, after spending the last few weeks in Argentina, ALL U.S. beef tastes like clay.

I remember the first and only time I ate white castle. I was drunk and hungry in Philly about 15 years ago and came across a white castle. My god it was like eating little meatloaf burgers that were covered in ketchup. It took days to get that taste out of my mouth. Every time I see a white castle my stomach starts lurching.

Now jack in the Box friggin rules man

valiens said:
It's closed now but does anyone remember a little chain from the 70's called, "Sambo's?" I mean WOW.

LOL ya man I'm 42 so I remember eating in one. It was basically a Dennys but with absurd Negro pictures all over. It changed its name to Jerrys, then to dennys. I remember as a kid we used to walk across the parking lot pouring lighter fluid as we walked. Then as the church crowd would show up we would light it and watch all the people freak out, thinking they were on fire, LOL good times man good times

I despise the notion of take out food full stop, but I stand true to my belief that of what i've tried Macdonalds takes the cake.

Although the coffee in the Macafe' aint bad if the Barista is on the mark.

Goody.

You ever notice how you never see rats near a McDonald's dumpster and you never see seagulls in a KFC parkinglot? Why is that? What do they know that we don't?

The answer is simple: The rats & the seagulls both agree that the food is complete shit.

They're watching humanity die off, Maccas lover, by maccas lover, by maccas lover.

David Biedny said:

Ah, I had White Castle from take out when a child in Misery, I mean Missouri. I don't have them here except as microwave food. Too long ago for me to give a critique.

The question stumps me actually. I've had bad food from everything that I've tried.

But, I think I'll go with Wendy's Hamburgers. Their chicken sandwich, and taco salad are mostly fine though. Taco Bell's taco salad beats Wendy's though.

I've never had Jack n the Box. They are fairly new here, and expensive I hear, so screw them.

I need to eat at Bojangles more maybe. They were good, and I haven't had them in years.

My main is probably Arby's.

Goody said:
The answer is simple: The rats & the seagulls both agree that the food is complete shit.

Actually, I was thinking something more along the lines of the ingredients...

CapnG, I used to run a movie theater next to a McDonalds. There weren't any seagulls, but I am in St. Louis. Rats, however, I assure you were there. And roaches. We used to smoke cigarettes and watch the rats dart between the McDumpsters and the nearest sewer grate. One day a month the exterminator would come after the place closed and you could see the roaches flee like a great black stain sliding across the parking lot!

I don't really like fast food at all. Give me a deli, truck stop or a greasy spoon any day. Does Domino's count has fast food cause it is pretty gross!

Goody said:
Precisely what the title suggests. What in your mind is beyond a doubt the most disgusting branch of take out? Is it Macdonalds, Burger King, Subway, KFC, all of the above?

Whatever branch induces nausea at the mere thought of inserting such delights into the mouth should be posted here.

Go for gold.

Goody.

Well, because of a particular experience, I'd say Whataburger. I went there once in the late late hours of the night and I ordered one of their breakfast burritos. When I bit into it, it had the distinctive taste of cigarette ashes.

Back years ago I worked in a Taco Bell. Their ground meat (notice I didn't say beef, 'cause I'm not sure if it was!) was a grade above dog food. No joke. After two weeks in that place, I decided that food service wasn't my line of work.

I used to eat Whataburgers in Pensacola, FL years ago while on vacation. Back then the burgers were good . . .but maybe it was because I only had McBarf's to eat at home!

Back