• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

E. O. Wilson interviewed by Bill Moyers

Thank you, David.

An inspiring, hopeful message from an enlightened realist who doesn't pull any punches. I don't know why everyone doesn't feel a bond with nature (We are nature, after all). Over the last six and a half years I've spent too much time being depressed about it. We've been coerced into making false choices between a war for oil and terrorism at home, between our civil liberties and our security, between fundamentalist religion and morality, between the economy and the ecology.

Dr. Wilson is a perfect merge of common sense with the spiritual and the scientific, the kind of voice that is spreading rapidly throughout the world, just not yet dominant here. Problem is, he'll be marginalized as part of some back-room, left-wing cabal to take away everyone's cars and jobs--when actually, his ideas would spread world peace and cooperation and create an economic boom that would make the 90's look piddling. And oh, improve the quality of life for everyone.
--scott

That was a wonderful video. A couple of weeks ago I got to view another E.O. Wilson video during a sustainable futures course. The thing that shocked me then as well as now, is how little of the biosphere we have actually identified. Not only that but because scientists have identified such a small amount, we have no idea of knowing just what subtle systems humans might be destroying that we are also dependant upon. At any rate thanks for the link.

-RedClover

Back