• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

dreams inside of dreams

bsvalley

paranormal master
Has anyone ever had a dream inside of a dream? I have had that happen only once and I hear that it's pretty rare. Just curious.

If you are talking about having a dream where you are telling people in your dream about your previous dream then yes. I have had this happen several times. I aways find it humorous.

I've dreamed that I awoke from a dream and got up. Only to realize I was still in a dream. Sometimes I have very lucid dreams where I question whether I'm awake or dreaming. One trick I've found is to find something to read, or really fix attention on an object and study the details. If it's a dream, small details will not maintain continuity. It will be very difficult to read the same sentence twice.

Has anyone ever had a dream inside of a dream? I have had that happen only once and I hear that it's pretty rare. Just curious.

I had many of these when I was younger. I had them layered as deep as four levels - you wake up three times inside of a dream.

For me, I only experienced these and other sorts of sleeping phenomena when I was a younger man, maybe from 16-25. After 25, mine pretty much stopped, but I had some WEIRD episodes while it was happening.

I'm pretty sure I made a connection between these episodes and an odd and annoying thing that would happen to me when I think I was mentally tired, but physically awake. I would lay down and sort of hear a dull THUNK! and snap out of falling asleep way too quickly - it was almost like I was FALLING into sleep off of a cliff. Weird and hard to explain. But, whenever I felt that, I would also get things like layered dreams, etc.

I've had dreams within dreams. 2 weeks ago I had a new dream experience: a dream that woke me up and kept going!

It was mundane; I'll just give you the fun part. At the end, I was sneaking away from these leopards when one of them pounced on me. In real life, I felt its paw pressing into my back, while in the dream I fell to the ground. It was so heavy and so real that it woke me up. I opened my eyes to see the leopard's back paw walking out of my peripheral (not on the ground but floating in the air). Freaky but cool.

I had a weird dream a few months ago where I was dreaming that I was trying to go to sleep but couldn't. Several hours into this I woke up only to realize that I was dreaming that I could not get to sleep.

wow, those are some good ones. mine was waking up twice in a nightmare and and the third time i was really awake.
digigeek, wow, 4 times.
I wonder if that is what it is like for coma patients....maybe they are just not aware that their not awake.....?

i have dreamt im dreaming on many occasions, and my wife says she has too, so im guessing its common/normal.

I had many of these when I was younger. I had them layered as deep as four levels - you wake up three times inside of a dream.

For me, I only experienced these and other sorts of sleeping phenomena when I was a younger man, maybe from 16-25. After 25, mine pretty much stopped, but I had some WEIRD episodes while it was happening.

I'm pretty sure I made a connection between these episodes and an odd and annoying thing that would happen to me when I think I was mentally tired, but physically awake. I would lay down and sort of hear a dull THUNK! and snap out of falling asleep way too quickly - it was almost like I was FALLING into sleep off of a cliff. Weird and hard to explain. But, whenever I felt that, I would also get things like layered dreams, etc.

Wow .. Incredible. You've nearly just described every odd sleeping routine I've had in my youth. I'm 25 now, and I rarely have dreams that I remember. It's been that way for about over a year or so, and compared to how often I would dream as I grew up it seems like nothing. I've had that layered effect several times though, only in my youth. I remember being able to recollect it because in the dream I wanted to get out of it, but each time I attempted to wake up I would be in another one. I used to do this thing while dreaming where I'd close my eyes, and my eyes in reality would actually open and I'd be awake. It only worked a few times though.

I've also had those episodes where you're half asleep and half awake (Known as hypnogogia) and you suddenly jump or twitch for a moment. At the time I would actually be imagining, or dreaming something that would elicit such a response, such as falling off of a cliff. So bizarre to hear that from someone else .. I've never told anyone about that before.

i have dreamt im dreaming on many occasions, and my wife says she has too, so im guessing its common/normal.
well I said I heard it was rare. not that I studied the topic extensively and found that it was rare. But I bet if you ask 20 of your "friends" that are not into this subject you'll find it's not really that common. I'll be awaiting your final analysis. lol.;):D Also some of the posts imply that it's only happened a couple of times in their lifetime. So is that common to them or is it rare if it only happens a couple of times in your life? Although some people apparently have it happen all the time.
Which I would expect to find in this group of people. I mean the reason people are here is because most of our lives are filled with this strangness, right?

If you are talking about having a dream where you are telling people in your dream about your previous dream then yes. I have had this happen several times. I aways find it humorous.

Ha, funny you mention that. I've done that for the first time this week, and I did it for like 3 consecutive days!

Ive been there too. Its a weird sensation when you actually wake and start questioning if your awake or not...probably weirder for my Fiance who had a good laugh.

Yup, it happens often to me. Most nights I have dreams that are so real I wake up not sure if it happened or not. Sometime I may go through the day upset or anticipating something to happen based on the dream.

Keith (I'd don't know if this qualifies as a phychic power, but I'm 100% accurate at finding cat vom in the dark with my bare feet.)

Back