• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dorothy Izatt case

morrison1976

Skilled Investigator
I really did not know much about this case until a borrowed the dvd of a friend. I thought it was interesting and i could not explain how it was hoaxed, and she, and her family seem genuine. I then listened to the paracast program, and that made me more excited about the case, esp when David Biedny wanted to go there and investigate. If this is really happening, then i was sure that something special could happen. When Biedny put this to director, Frank Longo, he did seem to be hesitent at the begining, but said it would be good. Now this is not going to happen! and now the case to me, has gone from an intersting and promising case, to maybe a hoax case. I mean, why would they want to stop them from investigating? something dodgy is going on here i feel.

I heard other shows dealing with this case and it seemed rather kooky and whacked out. One included an actual interview with Dorothy herself. I wasn't impressed at all.

In the process of looking for the interviews, I found this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JTuiMai8VZg

She hasn't just recently came forward as been said by whatstheirnames etc. It's sad, but I even saw this show long ago, and just forgot about it.

It just makes me so mad, and sad i guess. This case, for me had so much going for it, but now i have to question all of it. Is it a hoax? is it Peter Gutilla? Im sorry, but if i was him, the first thing i would want is for this case to be out in the open. and if i knew it was a 100% real i would not be worrying. But i guess what it may come dow too is money. For some people that is more important than something like this. I am really getting sick and tired of decent cases coming out, but only on dvd. That is not the way to do things if you want to prove that this is real to the world. I guess that dorothy will only listen to this man, and no one else. Its such a shame :(

It's similar to the Stan Romanak case. There's vids and photos worth looking at imo, but the circus around it, and greed and ego make it hard to do.

I wish i knew Frank Longo's email address :(

Why? He'd just get pissy with you for making sense. I'm thinking David and possibly Jeff have had some disappointing exchanges with him. Maybe they'll post some details for you.

I should point out, one of the guys that have been being interviewed on her case recently is nicer than the other. I can't recall who's who however.

I guess i would just like to say something. I know it will do nothing really, but i will feel better. I am so into this subject that it just annoys me so much!. Also, i guess its because i have been listening to the paracast for a very long time now, and i know that the two hosts , like me, and many people on here just want to find the truth, and it is just so annoying when this happens :(

I guess i would just like to say something. I know it will do nothing really, but i will feel better. I am so into this subject that it just annoys me so much!. Also, i guess its because i have been listening to the paracast for a very long time now, and i know that the two hosts , like me, and many people on here just want to find the truth, and it is just so annoying when this happens :(

I was annoyed by it too. It will pass in time. Another case will crop up soon to your awareness and dominate for awhile:)

I remember David saying he had washed his hands of this case.

I think Jeff Ritzmann was sending Izatt a letter to start a dialogue about the case. I would have to go back and dig up that massive thread that started after the episode. I don't remember what happened after he mailed her, and I'm not sure he has ever said. Maybe Jeff will let us know.

Morrison,

While I appreciate and share your frustration, I would ask you to please refrain from contacting those folks on our behalf, our in regards to our interview with them (Longo/Gutilla). I have no interest in dredging this stuff up again.

dB

Sorry david.

Like you, im just gonna drop the case. The more i think about it and see the video, the more i believe its some sort of hoax, a very clever one, but a hoax.

This case pisses me off. What seemed to be such compelling evidence turns out to be an appeal to buy the documentary. And the "evidence" brought forth in the doc is more a teaser than anything. Very little offered.

Anytime the money motivation is more important than coming out with a genuine case, you can bet it is not true. Either that or Frank and Peter are manipulating the case to their obvious advantage. There is no better place than the Paracast and it's people to verify and peer truthfully into a case. The producers probably knew this as the interview went along and probably thought "These guys know what they are doing. They aren't going to continue to feed this bullshit case to everyone. In fact they may find out the actual truth. That it is another sham among the numerous shams. We sure as hell don't want that. Then how do we continue to pull the wool over and produce more DVD's??"

Suddenly Peter and Frank pulled away. And that can mean only one thing. It is not about the truth. It is about self interest. Until some reasonable person is able to hear it from the horses mouth in this picture, nothing will be accomplished.

This case pisses me off. What seemed to be such compelling evidence turns out to be an appeal to buy the documentary. And the "evidence" brought forth in the doc is more a teaser than anything. Very little offered.

Anytime the money motivation is more important than coming out with a genuine case, you can bet it is not true. Either that or Frank and Peter are manipulating the case to their obvious advantage. There is no better place than the Paracast and it's people to verify and peer truthfully into a case. The producers probably knew this as the interview went along and probably thought "These guys know what they are doing. They aren't going to continue to feed this bullshit case to everyone. In fact they may find out the actual truth. That it is another sham among the numerous shams. We sure as hell don't want that. Then how do we continue to pull the wool over and produce more DVD's??"

Suddenly Peter and Frank pulled away. And that can mean only one thing. It is not about the truth. It is about self interest. Until some reasonable person is able to hear it from the horses mouth in this picture, nothing will be accomplished.

I hear you, and now i am moving more towards fake. I don't know how, but its just a gut feeling. I also find it very strange that when they were interviewing the daughter, and we see this ufo in the backround, how the hell did they not see it? it was so obvious. I know that people think that footage is genuine, but is it possible that someone put that in after the interview?

Call her up (604) 298-9185

If I still lived in Vancouver I'd pop by but alas I've left Shangrala

I know it does't get alot of attention but there is always a ton of sightings and weird stuff in British Columbia. Check out Brian Vikes website http://www.hbccufo.org Especially in the Vancouver area and the Okanagan valley. I lived there for 25 yrs and saw all kinds of anomolis lights in the sky. Nobody ever came down and took me for a ride, but it was obviously enough to peak my interest in this topic.

Finally I watched the video. Turns out watching the trailer and listening to a podcast or two gave just as much info as did the documentary.

I know the "evidence" is supposed to be interesting, swiggly lines on one frame but not adjacent ones, but we really have to take people's word that that's how it really is.

I will give her the benefit of a doubt, but I have a problem with her story. She says they told her they need to make themselves known because humanity has become so disruptive. Do they really think lights in the night sky are going to achieve that?

Can they be so advanced and "divine" as Guttila says, and still have no clue how to make their case stand out to the general public?

I have seen a lot of footage on this case, she has been around for decades. I came to the conclusion that this case is not what we would generally understand as a UFO/ET case. I tend to put this in the weird entities drawer. Like the stuff Keel encountered in his Mothman investigations.
Heck it might even be a weird form of psychokinesis. I somehow doubt the old girl is consciously hoaxing.

You know what, while ago I decided to come with the list of interesting cases to follow up with and put it on my iCal, now when I saw this post I thought it would be a good idea to put this case on that list as well, but after reading David and Jeff posts I realize that it won't make any sense... What a pity! I was thrilled to see what David and Jeff will be able to find out about this case... but no luck, it is sad...

Back