• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don't Make Too Much of This

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I remember a story my old friend, Jim Moseley, would occasionally tell. At one time, he had a deck of cards in his hand, randomly trying to guess the next card. Except that, of a sudden, he felt that he didn't need to guess. He knew! For the next few moments, he correctly identified every card — until he couldn't!

A coincidence, a momentarily flash of ESP — what?

I'll take a coincidence as the best answer.

The reason I say this is that I've been watching old episodes of one of my favorite 1980s/1990s TV shows, "Star Trek: The Next Generation." It has been years, so I only vaguely recall specific episodes and scenes. Still, I find myself occasionally able to correctly predict the next line of dialog.

To be fair, I once took a screenwriting course, and my son, Grayson, and I actually wrote an early draft of a screenplay for our sci-fi novel, "Attack of the Rockoids."

Maybe that's why I can anticipate dialog in a drama, particularly if it's a cliche. I wouldn't attribute it to any latent paranormal abilities, but thought it was worth mentioning nonetheless.

Has it happened to you?

Mmm ... I'd say the coincidence possibility depends on how many repeats of your knowing the next card occurred.

Two, maybe coincidence.

Three, doubtful it was coincidence.

Four - no way it was coincidence.

-- Squirrel

When I was young (teens) i used to play a WW2 game called Squad Leader. Combat results were based on the results of a dice throw. Working out the target number required just to get a 'Morale Check' required a calculation as you worked through a kind of checklist to get to the target number. The amount of times as i recited what was required that the number would come up was more than I felt was random. it happened so much that i would pin my finger on the target number on the results table and fill me head with a jumble of numbers to try and get a more random result. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to re-enact a battle when all that happens is that units need to make a morale check.

I have used this capability in games like settlers of settlers of catan . I recite the number I need and try to be as relaxed as possible. It gives me the result I need enough times for me to believe that there is a mental capability we all have if the mind is concentrated on a single outcome. - I may share with you later remote viewing experience I had that was witnessed by a Reiki Medium and someone she was training in meditation.

I remember a story my old friend, Jim Moseley, would occasionally tell. At one time, he had a deck of cards in his hand, randomly trying to guess the next card. Except that, of a sudden, he felt that he didn't need to guess. He knew! For the next few moments, he correctly identified every card — until he couldn't!

A coincidence, a momentarily flash of ESP — what?

I'll take a coincidence as the best answer.

The reason I say this is that I've been watching old episodes of one of my favorite 1980s/1990s TV shows, "Star Trek: The Next Generation." It has been years, so I only vaguely recall specific episodes and scenes. Still, I find myself occasionally able to correctly predict the next line of dialog.

To be fair, I once took a screenwriting course, and my son, Grayson, and I actually wrote an early draft of a screenplay for our sci-fi novel, "Attack of the Rockoids."

Maybe that's why I can anticipate dialog in a drama, particularly if it's a cliche. I wouldn't attribute it to any latent paranormal abilities, but thought it was worth mentioning nonetheless.

Has it happened to you?
If you are psychic Gene I would appreciate the winning lottery numbers.I will give you ten percent.

OK another strange event. So there was a time (over 40 years ago) when I was looking into meditation and what you would now call remote viewing clairvoyance.
As before - thinking on the single focus (like a mental chanting) I asked of the universe when would be the end of the world. The return was extremely clear - it was three numbers in this specific order.

Its been a puzzle as these numbers in the sequence have not provided any further insight - but I wanted to share it with this community.

Very rarely, I'd get a incredibly very strong impulse to buy a scratch ticket. I think the most I won was $30 and more usually it was $5. And this only happened a handful of times. A friend of mine was parking my car, I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I yelled out the window for them to move it again because someone was going to hit it (which usually isn't like me at all). They thought I was being melodramatic and, really, there was nothing wrong with the way they parked, but you should have seen the look on my friend's face when someone did hit my car later that night.

Back