• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Schmitt

I am curious, what are the opinions out there about Don Schmitt. Is he credible or not?

Well the UFO Watchdog Hall of Shame talks a bit about him here:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/hall3.html

Scroll down to see the entry on Schmitt ... but watch out for the strange bloke with the enormous (and mystical) beard, the total Horn that is Michael, and the Greer en-tit-y :D.

I myself only know him from the Paracast episode on Roswell (I think it was) in which he came over as a bit of a prat ... but unfortunately you tend to find a lot of that in the UFO world 8) ... so that might not be saying much.

Well the UFO Watchdog Hall of Shame talks a bit about him here:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/hall3.html

Scroll down to see the entry on Schmitt ... but watch out for the strange bloke with the enormous (and mystical) beard, the total Horn that is Michael, and the Greer en-tit-y :D.

I myself only know him from the Paracast episode on Roswell (I think it was) in which he came over as a bit of a prat ... but unfortunately you tend to find a lot of that in the UFO world 8) ... so that might not be saying much.

Only in the UFO "field" could someone like Schmitt remain a presence. He lied about his qualifications, even to his then research partner, Kevin Randle, which should be enough to disqualify him from ever being taken seriously.

Paul

I am curious, what are the opinions out there about Don Schmitt. Is he credible or not?

I'm surprised, and sad this question is even asked.

No. I'd go into the details if it didn't feel like explaining that 2 and 2 isn't 8.

i didn't even read the above replies since I am sure they agree. Sad people in the ufo field seem to do shallow research, or have short memories. Don should have been exiled long ago. He was by some, Randell cut ties with him, but many seem not to know. Kinda like Bisacardi in BF. He got to keep on rollin....

But again, NO he is NOT credible. Even listen to his paracast appearance so you don't have to take my word for it.

But again, NO he is NOT credible. Even listen to his paracast appearance so you don't have to take my word for it.

I had no idea who Schmitt was before the Paracast episode ... but he did come over as ... something of a ... "Butt-Munch" (as those fine purveyors of infantile entertainments, Beavis and Butthead, used to say :D) ... [or was it "ass-hat"??? :D]

This guy is a tool. Plain and simple. He is also a good example of what is wrong with Ufology. It is an interesting subject, but because of its fringe nature, the subject attracts many with mental disorders or social problems.

I had no idea who Schmitt was before the Paracast episode ... but he did come over as ... something of a ... "Butt-Munch" (as those fine purveyors of infantile entertainments, Beavis and Butthead, used to say :D) ... [or was it "ass-hat"??? :D]

Butt Munch. I love B and B.

I assume the book Witness to Roswell is not taken seriously then? If Schmitt is such a non-entity then why is the Haut affidavit so often discussed?

As I understand it, Schmitt was very well-respected, and considered credible, until his fake credentials were exposed. I saw him give a talk about Roswell some 15 years or so ago, and found him an engaging speaker. I was disappointed to learn he'd been misrepresenting his qualifications, etc, for many years. Sadly, I felt if he could be dishonest about his own background, he may well also be less than truthful regarding his research, so I lost interest in his work.

I assume the book Witness to Roswell is not taken seriously then? If Schmitt is such a non-entity then why is the Haut affidavit so often discussed?

That book is exactly why I started this thread. I find him loathesome... but the book seems to be alright. I guess my question is, how can we pick and choose? Or, is the entire book unceremoniously cast into the bullshit basket along with anythig else he puts his name to?

That book is exactly why I started this thread. I find him loathesome... but the book seems to be alright. I guess my question is, how can we pick and choose? Or, is the entire book unceremoniously cast into the bullshit basket along with anythig else he puts his name to?

My own procedure has been to ignore anything he breathes on. There's only a billion other Roswell books to read.

Randell has been duped. Friedman has been duped (they both proved each other wrong). Redferd? Too cocky with his blow up dolls. Mogul? No proof/documents, just theory like eth. Phlock? Friedman inverted his nipples without even trying. He died soon after. Korrf? Please..... Official report? Can't trust it, the airforce admitted lying, they could be doing it again. Corso? Nothing to back it up. Rudiak? I don't see it, but maybe. Victims of the wreck? Worth considering. Leir and his Roswell debri? More questionable than Sims who everyone likes to question.

Back