• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do you guys believe in hauntings?

thetruthisoutthere

Skilled Investigator
I do and I think that some of the most haunted places in the world are in the U.S. I don't claim to know why that is and would like very much to get into a discussion on this topic so feel free to post away. Obviously all views and opinions are accepted:D

Considering I've lived in three houses I know for sure were haunted and two others I'm suspicious of, yeah I'd say so.

But most haunted places in the USA? Really? Compared to Europe? Compared to England ALONE? I just wonder what you're basing that on...

I live in the United Kingdom and I'm from Irish Patronage for what it matters i would just like to say this........

The British Isles is indeed a hotbed of paranormal activity. The House that i live in is an old Victorian RedBrick. The House is enormous in fact it is so big that i only live in 1 room which is spacious in itself the house even has servants quarters. It's the kind of house that a 19th century doctor would live in. Ive had episodes of sleep paralysis but never atributed it the paranormal i guess i was too busy trying to move than to be aware of anything else.

Thing is a few streets from my local is a certain house which burnt down 20 years ago and to this day on certain nights people have been known to see Children banging against the interior bedroom windows of this house.

Also nearby is an Airfileld which legend has it that a deceased Spitfire PILOT from world war 2 can be seen searching the Airfield for his downed plane.

Dont know if these stories are the eact truth but these kind of stories are expected in the UK i supose.

I think there is great credibility in the fact that the USA is a hotbed of paranormal activity as the Native American indians where a very Spiritiual people, they where intune with what was going on in a spiritual sense.

We all all know that the USA was foundered on Genocide and that means a lot of anguished souls.

Who knows ?

Every contemporary nation state on earth was founded after genocidal conflicts. Why pick on Americans?

I'm not.

The amount of paranormal acitivity that takes place in the U.S.A was being discussed. I merely gave my opinion.

The U.S.A is relativley a new nation yet it seems to have a lot of paranormal activity.

Usually hauntings seem to be related to individuals who have died in the past 100 years or so. Phenomena supposedly related to American history, like Gettysburg apparitions and "haunted Indian burial grounds," are pretty limited in geographic scope and probably make up only a small portion.

Do I believe? Though I can't say for certain I've seen anything, I do believe it's possible. But I don't know this yet.

I just think that the Native American Indians were a very spiritual people moreso than we as a collective society. Their whole Religion was based on spirits. I'm just guessing that this could enter the equation somehow ?

Hey Gene,

I have had several paranormal experiences involving haunted locations (as opposed to the 'hunted people' theories that are quite popular). I plan on posting a few of these on the forum for the discussion of the posters there. In addition to my personal experiences, members of my family live in so-called "haunted houses". I have personally had a paranormal experience in one of these houses (to be honest, it is more prone to "activity" than the other), and can also give some details on their experiences living in these locations as well. One is a 140 year-old farmhouse north-east of Toronto, and the other is a 1920's era home off Danforth Avenue in Toronto.

I have to jet to work, but I'll post more when I get home tonight.

Hey Gene,

I have had several paranormal experiences involving haunted locations (as opposed to the 'hunted people' theories that are quite popular). I plan on posting a few of these on the forum for the discussion of the posters there. In addition to my personal experiences, members of my family live in so-called "haunted houses". I have personally had a paranormal experience in one of these houses (to be honest, it is more prone to "activity" than the other), and can also give some details on their experiences living in these locations as well. One is a 140 year-old farmhouse north-east of Toronto, and the other is a 1920's era home off Danforth Avenue in Toronto.

I have to jet to work, but I'll post more when I get home tonight.
Jet to work? Seriously? Or just in a fast-moving car?

I look forward to hearing more.

DO I BELIEVE,..I CANT ANSWER THAT BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH A PHENOMENA ,,I JUST HAVE AN OPINION...BUT I REALLY HOPE IT DOES EXIST BECAUSE IT GIVES US SOME SIGN THAT THERE IS SOMETHING AFTER WE DIE..., I JUST HOPE HAUNTINGS IS NOT HELL AS WE NO IT IN THE BIBLE,.. WHAT A BAD THOUGHT IF OUR SOULS WHERE NOT ABLE TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF SOME WRONG.:confused:

Well a couple of years ago I was visiting my parents in Colorado Springs.They have two houses one in Colorado Spring and another in Texas.
My father was trying to be nice by taking me out to a nice restaurant.
Although he kind of remembered the rumors about this place he didn't think that much about it. As soon as I walked into the hall that was connected to the restaurant I felt very uneasy and couldn't wait to get to the restaurant. I immediatly went outside, you could either sit inside or outside.
My mother wanted to sit inside so we did. It took about two minutes before I felt this very strong energy enter me through my back. I couldn't help it and started crying. I knew it was paranormal but I told the waitress I had bad cramps.
My dad ended up calling my sister to just talk and meantioned that I was having a difficult time. My sister remembered that this was a known haunted place and asked me to ask the waitress about the history of the place.
After we left the restaurant I had a very embarrassing GI issue that all I can say is I am glad it was with family.
The name of the restaurant was HearthStone Inn. I guess it was sold fairly resently. The article about this place is about half way down the page.
http://www.hauntedcolorado.net/HauntedInnsForSale.html

I would have posted again a lot sooner (but I forgot my damn password) I am registered to so many forums its insane. Any way my basis for this post is because before the paracast I was definitley a skeptic on stuff like UFO's and hauntings and the reason I choose the U.S. as a location is because I want to do a little investigating of my own and was wondering if you guys knew of any truly good hotspots for activity. So sorry that it has been so long since my last post but I am back and hope to visit the forums daily and would appreciate any imput you guys may have.:)

I would have posted again a lot sooner (but I forgot my damn password) I am registered to so many forums its insane. Any way my basis for this post is because before the paracast I was definitley a skeptic on stuff like UFO's and hauntings and the reason I choose the U.S. as a location is because I want to do a little investigating of my own and was wondering if you guys knew of any truly good hotspots for activity. So sorry that it has been so long since my last post but I am back and hope to visit the forums daily and would appreciate any imput you guys may have.:)

Check out my earlier post and the link. The restaurant and Inn in Colorado Springs was quite intense.

Back