• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do crop circles have "Magic"/paranormal properties?

Do crop circles have "magic"/paranormal properties?

• YES all crop circles Have "magic" properties

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • NO no crop circles have "magic" properties

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • YES but only non-manmade/unexplained crop circles have "magic" properties

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Han

piscator ψ
I would be interested to know what the general opinion on Crop Circles is:

Please tell me if you would like another possible answer added to the poll.

Does replicating crop circles elicit paranormal events? Does replicating any paranormal event in turn create a similar effect or strange occurrence. Are making crop circles akin to the videos on turd phase of goon? Have people who have hoaxed ufos seen real ufos or other strange occurrences?

As is often the case with polls, the available choices do not include any answer I'm comfortable with. It's a more complex question that hinges on context, what we mean by "magical" and "properties" and whether or not we can count other people's beliefs in magic to some extent. For example because the question doesn't ask for a personal evaluation, crop circles probably have some magical properties for some people, so therefore in that context crop circles have magical properties.

But even supposing that I don't buy into "magic" personally, a line on a map isn't exactly magical, but if it represents some kind of connection between real places that are associated with magical thinking in a historical context, then one might say that there is a magical "property" ( e.g. a Ley Line ) or something associated with it, and again crop circles may have magical "properties". The same thing could be said if the crop circle is in the shape of some mandala, or if a magician happens to be inside one at the time the question is asked. Some people think everything in life is magical to some extent, which by extension means all crop circles are magical.

In the end the question boils down to whether or not we believe in magic regardless of whether or not crop circles are involved. If by magic, we mean occult, then we need to ask ourselves why we should take occult subject matter seriously in the first place? When asked to answer simple questions that would clarify their position, it's been my experience that occultists tend to resort to proclamation, repetition, dodges, denials, and personal criticism. I don't think there would be any substantial difference between those who claim "magical crop circles" and any other purveyor of the occult.

CTdodgic_zps76ec81d9.jpg

Last edited:
If you are asking if crop circles are ever created, or even inspired by paranormal means, the answer is probably no. Even the largest, most complex designs can be done by people so there is no reason to believe otherwise. See how here. If you are asking if crop circles have paranormal effects on some people, then the answer is maybe. It is well documented that crop circles can have a variety of psychosomatic effects on believers. Are psychosomatic effects paranormal? I don't know.

Back