• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Disturbing Dream Videos

boulders and sticks

I posted this comment on the back of another Thread which i'm thinking is not the best, so i started another thread. Sorry it's my first time posting here:)
Hello Everyone.
My name is John. I have been listening to the Paracast since the beginning.
My Brother Mark (Dusty) to all of you on the forums has been encouraging me to contribute for some time.
Well here is something I found recently on You Tube.
It is a series of videos created by a guy as I was told; represent what he experiences in his dreams. Or maybe just a deeply disturbed individual.
It left me with some very strong feelings.
I was curious to find out what you feel, if you can watch them to the end?
Thank you
John.
<O:p

As and experiencer the encounters, even the scary ones, are nothing like this. I have had plenty of freaky dreams and this doesn't seem like how a dream would present itself either.

Hi
I agree i think the guy appears to have some serious issues going on.
Put it this way I wouid not have him Babysit my son.
As far as how i felt while watching them. It did bring across a feeling of overwhelming Doom, also apprehention. It's not like wathcing something just plain scary. It seemed to tap into something deep inside.
My Brother (Dusty) and i have had a dream we both shared in our early childhood. I beleive he has written about it on this forum so i won't repeat it now.
When i experienced the dream, aside from the very clear visuals i had, what sticks with me even to this day is a feeling of pointless resistance to what is taking place. A feeling of heavyness which made me feel very, very, weak.
The guys video in some way struck me because it portrayed that feeling very closely. When i was first show it, the first minute or so i found funny, but then it got disturbing.

All the best John.

I agree the video was disturbing maybe he is a Stephen King wanna be or just disturbed. The song from The Wizard of Oz probably tapped into childhood fears, memories or just the weird content. There was the oven scene that was similar enough to whatever the name of that children's story was too.

Salad Fingers has been around for long time. I don't think the creator is disturbed or any of that, I think he just likes creating that world of uneasy, disturbing-ness (if that makes any sense). Kind of like saying people who work on horror flicks really do have these visions and are deeply disturbed. At its very core it's entertainment, on the Internet.

At least that's my opinion.

I would be so very interested to know what a clinical psychologist would make of that! It certainly is very dark in it's nature and it left me with an empty, aching emotion.

It did strike me as how a nightmare could feel, for a child. Like a mixture of what a kid may experience on a regular day at school with the loose references to finger puppets and the 'Hansel and Gretel' part with the oven, mixed with extracts from various horror movies

I guess it can be taken as seriously as it being a major indication of deep unrest by the creator, or as simply as 'it's just art'..:confused: s'pose that depends on who's watching.

Horrible really.:(

Lovely to see your post on here though:) x

Back