• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

disturbing daytime sighting

skunkape

Paranormal Maven
One of the most disturbing paranormal experiences I've had involved a UFO, but the troubling part was the way my girlfriend and passersby reacted. I was southbound on hwy 35 between Alvin and Angleton, Texas...pretty much nothing but rice paddies and cattle grazing land. I think it was '93. As I was driving I saw what looked like the lights on a passenger plane ahead, but we were at least 30 or 40 miles from Hobby airport and it seemed way too low. I got kind of nervous that I was seeing a plane about to make a crash landing. As I continued to drive towards it, I noticed that it didn't seem to be moving. I wondered why or how someone could have put this big thing on top of a pole. I pulled over on the side of the road when I got beside the thing...there was no pole. The thing was just hovering in place silently. It was around a quarter mile or so out over a cow pasture and about 6 or 7 hundred feet off the ground I would guess. A dull gray, cigar-shaped object with a very bright white light on each end pointed at the ground. There were two small blinking red lights on the top center and a row of circular "windows" on it's side. The thing was at least twice the size of a passenger jet.
"Holy Sh*t! Do you see that?" I asked my girlfriend who seemed oddly disinterested. She just kind of shrugged and gave me a look like I had just asked a stupid question. I got out of the car and was standing on the side of the road just staring at this thing. A car came by and slowed as if to see if we needed help. I stood in the middle of the lane and pointed frantically in the direction of the object. The driver and passenger glanced over and then looked back at me as if they either didn't see it, or just didn't care. This same basic scenario played out three more times over the next 5 or 10 minutes, before my now very aggravated girlfriend demanded I get back in the car. I never saw it move as we drove away.
It was many years later before I even got her to admit that she had seen the thing. Every time I brought it up, she just seemed very agitated, almost angry at me for bringing it up. I can't help but wonder if large numbers of people aren't somehow conditioned to mentally filter out things that are right in front of their faces, or maybe some sort of hypnotic/mind-control technology was being applied that wasn't working on me. I'm curious if anyone else out there has ever witnessed this behavior. It doesn't seem natural to me for so many people to be so completely disinterested in something so strange.

I have had no personal experiences like you(skunkape) have portrayed but I have read one other account which is very similar to yours(and I have not read very many accounts of UFO sightings).

Fear can do strange things to people; perhaps your girlfriend just couldn't handle the situation.

As for the passers by, I have often been surprised by people who react very little to something which seems to be very important in my eyes; perhaps we are ruled much more than we know by our personal aggendas.

Yes, I've experienced people not wanting to talk about certain paranormal events. In all cases it is because it freaks them out. Some get feel sick to their stomaches even. Not that that is what happened with the people involved in your ufo sighting though. I wonder too if some sort of mind control is involved.

You experience any time anomalies that day?

So she absolutely saw it too? She admitted as such? If so how did she explain her reaction and behaviour?

Every time I brought it up, she just seemed very agitated, almost angry at me for bringing it up. I can't help but wonder if large numbers of people aren't somehow conditioned to mentally filter out things that are right in front of their faces, or maybe some sort of hypnotic/mind-control technology was being applied that wasn't working on me. I'm curious if anyone else out there has ever witnessed this behavior. It doesn't seem natural to me for so many people to be so completely disinterested in something so strange.

I've noticed very similar attitude shifts from a girl I dated over things we didn't even see... but when I brought up some anomalous sounds we had heard not long after she said she saw a UFO in the parking lot where she worked... at the time I tried to quiet her so I could hear whatever it was outside, and she was increasingly angry until whatever it was had gone.

Later, when I tried to bring it up with her, she got upset to the point where it just wasn't worth it to try to talk about it.

I guess, by way of full disclosure, I should mention that not only did she go see a regressive hypnotherapist for what she thought were abductions, but her mom also had some recollection of bedroom visitations.

Another girlfriend (who later became my ex-wife) said it ran in her family, and my sister-in-law had "seen things in her bedroom" when she was growing up. Apparently they didn't talk about it in their family, but they all knew about it.

Anyway, I think it's pretty common, for whatever reason, that people just shut down and shut up when the extremely uncomfortable nature of this phenomenon is brought to the fore.

So she absolutely saw it too? She admitted as such? If so how did she explain her reaction and behaviour?

I believe the last time I touched the subject the reply went something like--"Why does it even matter? You can't do anything about it."
This isn't my only sighting, by the way...just the only one that occurred in the daytime. I had another close range encounter, with two witnesses, that left one witness mute for several minutes and still unable to remember anything but "lights everywhere."

You experience any time anomalies that day?[/quote]

Don't recall if any that day, but I have had at least one major loss of time. A drive home that should have taken half an hour took about two hours. Another time,also while driving, a friend and I found ourselves several miles behind where we should have been...kinda the opposite of missing time. It was like someone hit the scene skip button on reality back a chapter.

I think a lot of people are so freaked out - and understandably so - by the appearance of ufos, apparitions, etc, that the only way they can deal with the situation, is by denial or feigned indifference. It could be an attempt to neutralise the whole situation, to make it less real. I've done this myself, when faced with anomalies, often coming up with explanations which are almost as outlandish as the anomaly itself.

Most of us are simply not very good at dealing with something for which we have no prior frame of reference, and prefer to deny its existence. In some ways, I see a parallel with the denial that happens in the early stages of bereavement, when someone cannot accept the horrible truth that their loved one is gone. A severe jolt to someone's perceptions and expectations of reality can make them react in very strange, and seemingly inappropriate ways.

I think a lot of people are so freaked out - and understandably so - by the appearance of ufos, apparitions, etc, that the only way they can deal with the situation, is by denial or feigned indifference. It could be an attempt to neutralise the whole situation, to make it less real. I've done this myself, when faced with anomalies, often coming up with explanations which are almost as outlandish as the anomaly itself.

My initial reaction the first time I saw a UFO was the exact opposite. I was filled with a deep sense of reverence and awe. Not frightened or freaked out at all. I actually became covetous...I wanted one of those things! That's my ticket off this Planet of the Apes. Over time I think I've evolved through every stage imaginable in regard to how I feel about the phenomenon. At one stage I thought they were here to save the planet. At another stage I was so consumed with fear and paranoia I was practically crippled...It seems like ever since I stopped caring about what causes these things to be percieved, and not giving it any emotional energy, events have largely subsided. A "presence" still occasionally seems to be dilly-dallying with my reality, but in much more subtle, often humorous ways.
By the way, I'm still kinda green on navigating the forums here, what's the trick to getting the gray box around quotes I'm responding to?

By the way, I'm still kinda green on navigating the forums here, what's the trick to getting the gray box around quotes I'm responding to?

Click the quote button beneath the post you're responding to. If you only want to address part of what someone has said, look for some brackets like this: [ .... ]. Keep the bit in the brackets that says quote=username;usernumber, delete all the text except the bit you want to quote, then end the quoted text with another set of brackets, into which you insert /quote, including the slash mark.

Took a nap after taking some benadryl. Had the most bizarre dream.

I sometimes have dreams about UFO's, and little aliens and what not, and am almost 100 percent terrified of them in my dreams.

Today's dream however was different. They were landing and I simply waited for them, unafraid. What was more peculiar is that in the dream, my wife was telling me that being afraid of these things is silly, because they're going to be here at 10:30 tonight.

When I woke up from my nap, my wife was of course snoring.

So, if at 10:30 they arrive, I'll be sure to post pictures if they'll let me.

Today's dream however was different. They were landing and I simply waited for them, unafraid. What was more peculiar is that in the dream, my wife was telling me that being afraid of these things is silly, because they're going to be here at 10:30 tonight.
If they do show up, and it's the mantid camp, tell'em I said "Reggae benay schwa machu benay"...They'll know what I'm talking about. If it's the grays, tell'em to piss off...they can't be trusted.

Back