• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Discovery Channel - Yeti with Dyatlov Pass incident?

I could see maybe a yeti or some kind of unknown beast than any of the other theories in my opinion, imagine this big creature out of curiosity checking out the camp, scaring the boops out of the hikers, grabbing one ( using a club of somesort?) the hikers who were tryuing to scramble up a tree didn't help much, maybe their stumbled into a yeti den, the mother came out angry......

I'll certainly be watching this. The Dyatlov Pass incident is so fascinating, but I'm of the opinion that it was natural circumstances combined with a bit of cold war era testing. But, I'll watch anything with a yeti in it! ;)

Curious, that the tent was cut from the inside- instead of exiting the normal method. Could the zipper have been stuck while trying to open in a hurry? It would not have been hard to inspect it and see if it was jammed, or if there was no attempt at all to open.
I've heard the theory that the sound of an avalance could have caused panic, I just don't see that being the cause itself.

Did anyone watch this show? I know it was a mockumentary but what I am trying to find is if the journal found really did say "now we know that snowmen exist". Has anyone heard this prior to this show?

There seem to be at least half a dozen theories surrounding this case. Sadly, we'll probably never truly know what exactly happened on that fateful day. There are even grumblings that Soviet authorities have covered up parts of the case and failed to release all the details, hinting that it may have been something to do with Cold War era testing of some sort. If you google the Dyatlov Pass incident you'll come across some pretty gruesome black and white photos of the deceased. One of them shows a person with no eyes...

Sounds like there is another take on the Dyatlov Pass incident coming up -

A Scary Twist within Discovery’s “Russian Yeti”

It looks to me like some type of troll or elf...

RussianSnowmanFounderst-1024x723.jpg

:)

I watched the show and overall it was interesting. I'm not sure I would consider the theory of the Yeti causing the horrific injuries to those people. The jury is still out on this one.

Back