• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Disclosure: fairest gvmnt response

What would best match a fair US gvmnt disclosure in 2011

• As far as we can tell, we are alone.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • There are occasional aerial phenomena which we do not understand at the moment.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • We are being visited by beings not from this earth but no contact has taken place.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • We have been contacted and here are the conditions that we must abide to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We have been contacted and the world ends in 2012 lol.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
Wouldn't it be a good idea if the US government or UN would publish an annual 'status of ET intelligence' report giving the planet an idea of where we stand in relation to ET intelligence ;)

I think that the first step is actually establishing the fact (if it is indeed a fact) that there are some sort of extra-terrestrials.

**disclaimer** I do accept that extra-terrestrial life is plausible, in fact I feel that it is almost certain; however, there are other possible explanations to much of the UFO mystery that have to be considered as well. The truth is, nobody knows for certain. ***end disclaimer***

I think that the first step is actually establishing the fact (if it is indeed a fact) that there are some sort of extra-terrestrials.

**disclaimer** I do accept that extra-terrestrial life is plausible, in fact I feel that it is almost certain; however, there are other possible explanations to much of the UFO mystery that have to be considered as well. The truth is, nobody knows for certain. ***end disclaimer***

Xylo,

When you say, "The truth is, nobody knows for certain", you are forgetting all the people who know by the evidence of their own experience that Earth has been visited by alien craft. They don't need governments to tell them what they already know. However a more unified effort among these witnesses and believers might perhaps help us to learn many of the details that are missing from individual experiences.

Xylo,

When you say, "The truth is, nobody knows for certain", you are forgetting all the people who know by the evidence of their own experience that Earth has been visited by alien craft.

Right, and there could be a lot more involved than just experiences, if just one crash retrieval case is true.

They don't need governments to tell them what they already know.

But it would sure help if the government divulged any proof it has. Not that it's likely to happen anytime soon.

Btw:

..here are the conditions we must abide ​to.

Abide by. :)

Xylo,

When you say, "The truth is, nobody knows for certain", you are forgetting all the people who know by the evidence of their own experience that Earth has been visited by alien craft. They don't need governments to tell them what they already know. However a more unified effort among these witnesses and believers might perhaps help us to learn many of the details that are missing from individual experiences.

You're already assuming that the experiences they've had are attributed to "extra-terrestrial" craft. I've had a bunch of anomalous experiences (which is why I'm still interested in this field of investigation) and though I'd love to attribute them to aliens, I'm just not sure that is the case.

IF, and it's a big "if" there was indeed a crash of some alien spacecraft at Roswell, in my home state of New Mexico, then there was indeed a coverup and someone, somewhere knows something. But what if it wasn't an alien spacecraft? What if it was some sort of experimental aircraft? What if it was a craft from another time? What if it was a dimensional craft? What if the craft that Kenneth Arnold spotted were just experimental flying wings? (They fit the criteria!) What if Barney and Betty Hill were the victims of some Psy-Op?

I don't know the answers to these questions. I can speculate. And if I use Occam's razor I'd say that "alien" beings is the simplest and most plausible answer. But that doesn't make it the right one, it's still just a guess.

Holy batman, I was expecting some evangelical to jump at the proposal:

'We have been contacted and here are the rules we must abide by'

Notice how this is very close to what happened 2000 years ago. This is probably the scariest option ;)

Happy Halloween :)

You're already assuming that the experiences they've had are attributed to "extra-terrestrial" craft. I've had a bunch of anomalous experiences (which is why I'm still interested in this field of investigation) and though I'd love to attribute them to aliens, I'm just not sure that is the case ...

Xylo,

I understand that to many people there has not been enough proof for them to believe that alien craft have visted planet Earth. However for some witnesses there is simply no doubt. Many people who get a good look at a UFO ( alien craft ) are intelligent enough to know that what they are observing could not be any natural or manmade object or phenomena and therefore the only other thing it could be is an alien craft of some kind. I've mentioned before that I've had one such sighting, and if I've had one, then given all the other reports out there, I'd have to be pretty conceited to think I'm the only one who's seen one. The only thing I can't say for sure is that it was extraterrestrial rather than alien ... meaning I didn't observe it coming into Earth's atmosphere from space, but apart from that, I have no doubt it was an alien craft of some kind. probably a recon probe.

But what if it wasn't an alien spacecraft? What if it was some sort of experimental aircraft?

KDR has investigated that and other prosaic ideas at great length. Nothing fits the time and place. Even the skeptics think it was mogul, not that it fits either.

What if the craft that Kenneth Arnold spotted were just experimental flying wings? (They fit the criteria!)

But IIRC were based way too far away.

And if I use Occam's razor I'd say that "alien" beings is the simplest and most plausible answer.

Of course. We ourselves have begun to explore space but other dimensions and time travel aren't even verified at all.

There are occasional aerial phenomena which we do not understand at the moment. Wonder why admitting to this is so hard ?

Ezechiel,

They have admitted that craft exist that don't correspond to any known natural or manmade object or phenomenon a long time ago. Just look at the "Unknowns" from the Project Blue Book files. What I wonder is why everyone is so fixated on having some big government official stand up on the podium and tell us what we already know.

What we don't know is how much more government agencies know with respect to UFOs than ufologists. So let's get over the stage of admitting UFOs exist and get to the part about what they are, where they come from and what they're doing here.

Lastly I'd like to know if anyone can clear up something once and for all. We've been told that the President of the USA can be refused access to information based on a "need to know" for security reasons. Excuse me but isn't the President also the Commander in Chief and does a Presidential order not take precedence over some flunkie using "need to know" as an excuse not to provide such information? Where does it say in some documented and verifiable form that the President of the USA can be refused access to information for security or any other reason?

So it appears that the official us whitehouse response to the Ufo/"ET" 'disclosure' petition is

,........... Sorry guys, theres no intelligent alien life here.

From one Phil Larson

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

'Phil Larson works on space policy and communications at the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy'

"
The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye."

Lastly I'd like to know if anyone can clear up something once and for all. We've been told that the President of the USA can be refused access to information based on a "need to know" for security reasons. Excuse me but isn't the President also the Commander in Chief and does a Presidential order not take precedence over some flunkie using "need to know" as an excuse not to provide such information? Where does it say in some documented and verifiable form that the President of the USA can be refused access to information for security or any other reason?

Excellent point ! If he doesn't know then this directly implies that our fabricated reality is truly artificial and fragile.

The supporting realities would have to be so unsettling as to forever de-stabilize the human psyche and by default could potentially destroy what makes up current organized societies on earth.

Using that perspective, its pretty safe to say that any perceived threat or strange entity that humans cannot control will be hidden using all means available regardless of cost.

The role of the president becomes 'the guardian of the chicken coop' lol

pluk pluk pluk bokawww

I understand why one would think that the Commander-in-Chief would have a "need to know" that surpasses all clearances. But the truth is that the President is not a permanent fixture. Presidents come and they go. Four years or eight years is the length of their visit to the White House. Such a transitory figure shouldn't be privvy to all the National Secrets, in my opinion.

I'm not saying that a President or former President would intentionally spill national secrets, but they could give up a bit too much information, and in doing so could jeopardize lives in doing so. Would you want your President to know the name of a deeply imbedded intelligence source? Even the code name for that source? Personally, with regard to Op-Sec, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want even one extraneous person to know-especially if it was my life on the line-Presidents not withstanding.

There are myriad ways of denying access to such knowledge that wouldn't seem like outright denial of access. One could bury requests very deeply in bureaucracy so that the requests get lost, get stalled or go through so many inefficient steps along the way that the delay to obtain said information is amazingly long. One could also "invent" a new crisis that requires immediate Presidential attention. Or the simplest way would be to just deny that said information actually exists. Further one could establish a chain of custody so far outside the government, obscured by money laundered through countless fronts that the end user of the funds is sufficiently anonymous-therefore denying any GAO access as well.

Just a few thoughts...nothing more.

I understand why one would think that the Commander-in-Chief would have a "need to know" that surpasses all clearances ...

Hey Xylo ...

Yes it would seem that the US President would have the authority to say, "So what if I don't have a need to know, I want to know so get me the damned information!" I mean the President outranks everyone else and has the power to issue Executive Orders, which have the full force of law. So until someone comes up with some definitive documentation that says the US President can be refused access to information within his own government, I'm not going to buy into these stories that he couldn't find out more about UFOs if he or she wanted to.

Whether or not the US President should have such power is another story, and your points there are reasonable. But is it really the case? That's what I want to know.

Hey Xylo ...

Yes it would seem that the US President would have the authority to say, "So what if I don't have a need to know, I want to know so get me the damned information!" I mean the President outranks everyone else and has the power to issue Executive Orders, which have the full force of law. So until someone comes up with some definitive documentation that says the US President can be refused access to information within his own government, I'm not going to buy into these stories that he couldn't find out more about UFOs if he or she wanted to.

Whether or not the US President should have such power is another story, and your points there are reasonable. But is it really the case? That's what I want to know.

Gotcha. And I don't have the answer, just an opinion.

T
Ezechiel,
They have admitted that craft exist that don't correspond to any known natural or manmade object or phenomenon a long time ago. Just look at the "Unknowns" from the Project Blue Book files. What I wonder is why everyone is so fixated on having some big government official stand up on the podium and tell us what we already know.

I remember the... 'they pose no threat to national security'

Followed by.... 'thus we will terminate project blue book'

In other words: 'Guys.... just close your eyes and shut your ears. We don't want to spend any more funds on this and neither do you. Pretend they are not there... its too hard... and the results we might get will open cans of worms that we're not ready to deal with.'

The year was 1969 and blacks in america had barely been accepted with equal rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_Civil_Rights_Movement_(1955–1968)

Imagine having to deal with an ET issue at that moment... not to mention the religious context of the times. ;)

This is year 2011... and we're about to face global cascading economic failures. And maybe a nuclear Iran...

Back